The rise and fall of Usenet
Physfitfreak
2023-12-22 00:33:45 UTC
Now usenet is full of trolls and dipshits. The only way usenet could become
worse than it is now is for Elon Musk (shudder) and Donald Trump (double
shudder) to discover it.
Add to the two, the ones who pretend to "talk out of experience."

So did you find a light editor with the feature I mentioned? Be
"technical" now, like usenet should be :)

(sci.physics added)
Physfitfreak
2023-12-22 18:24:23 UTC
Did you see what spammers did to comp.lang.c (and now comp.lang.python)
recently?  Thousands and thousands of spams a day, in the Thai language
I believe.  All from gmail.
This issue was successfully handled in sci.physics various forums. Ask
them how they did it and let the C forum people know.

(sci.physics added)
Physfitfreak
2023-12-23 18:35:13 UTC
The Poles are tough people also. In a recent speech (about a week ago),
Putin said that if Poland, Hungary and Romania wanted their traditional
lands back from Ukraine — land the Soviet Union took and attached to Ukraine
— Russia would not oppose that action. He also said that south Ukraine is
Russian. I'm guessing that includes Odessa, which probably means if anything
is left of Ukraine it will be landlocked. >
This was Medvedev's drawn map of Ukraine after war in there is over:

(sci.physics added)
immibis
2023-12-24 18:44:19 UTC
Post by Physfitfreak
The Poles are tough people also. In a recent speech (about a week ago),
Putin said that if Poland, Hungary and Romania wanted their traditional
lands back from Ukraine — land the Soviet Union took and attached to Ukraine
— Russia would not oppose that action. He also said that south Ukraine is
Russian. I'm guessing that includes Odessa, which probably means if anything
is left of Ukraine it will be landlocked. >
https://img.pravda.com/images/doc/8/d/8d3e9e1-------2-original.jpg
(sci.physics added)
what does this have to do with physics or Linux advocacy?