What clocks indicate
The Starmaker
2024-05-09 20:07:30 UTC
is a matter of ergonomy. Not a mater
of some delusional "Law of Nature" invented
by an insane crazie.
You can gedanke/imagine "perfect", "proper",
"correct" clocks perfectly obedient to you.
But you can't enforce your madness on real
clocks. Anyone can check GPS, sorry, poor
halfbrains, you're - simply - not important
enough.
The first satellite went up with an accurate clock.
It didn't work right. A switch was thrown to change
the timebase to agree with the "insane crazy" -- and
lo and behold, it worked.
"If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid."
-- Naval Ops Manual
Wozzie keeps repeating the same misinformation, hoping
for emotional support for his derangement.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and
expecting different results." -- Albert Einstein
Do you have a real source for Einstein ever having said
anything like this?
Beyond the internet forever repeating itself?
Jan
(doubting it)
He concludes his letter, ironically: "I am now completely ripe for the insane
asylum‰
https://einsteinpapers.press.princeton.edu/vol13-doc/38
Certainly, but this is not the phrase wanted.
I Had the opportunity to look it up in the meantime.
It is in the 'ultimate quotable Einstein',
in the 'attributed to' part.
This is an error, it should be in the 'not by Einstein' section.
======
*Insanity is doing the same thing over and over
again and expecting different results.
By Rita Mae Brown, in Sudden Death (New York: Bantam,
1983), 68. Thanks to Barbara Wolff for the source.
=====
So an invention from well after Einstein's death,
by someone without any connection to either physics or Einstein.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rita_Mae_Brown>
And looking that up, in that book,
I find that there isn't any real Einstein in the book.
The phrase is there, in the dialogue,
but it is said by a character in the book who is nicknamed 'Einstein',
presumably because she is supposed to have brains.
So it is all bunk, and it has nothing to do with the real Einstein,
Jan
But it is not what you wrote. You wrote:

"Do you have a real source for Einstein ever having said
anything like this?
Beyond the internet forever repeating itself?"

ever having said
anything like this?

anything like this?

"anything"

in any degree; to any extent; in any way; at all:
any thing whatever; something, no matter what:
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/anything

You didn't say "exactly that", you said..."anything".

I posted anything.

I don't know what the 'year 1983' has to do with Einstein.

Didn't he died before the year 1983???

Why are yous people looking for quotes AFTER he died??? dats dumb.
to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge the unchallengeable.
The Starmaker
2024-05-10 17:34:02 UTC
[recovered from the Bozo Bin, for once]
If you want me to reply you shouldn't crosspost.
[-]
Post by The Starmaker
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and
expecting different results." -- Albert Einstein
Do you have a real source for Einstein ever having said
anything like this?
Beyond the internet forever repeating itself?
Jan
(doubting it)
He concludes his letter, ironically: "I am now completely ripe for the ins
ane
Post by The Starmaker
asylumâ•°
[...]
Pfft. Do read.
The quotation is correct, the source I found for it is correct,
and has nothing at all to do with Albert Einstein.
It is a mis-attribution,
Jan
"mis-attribution"????

You sure it is not a 1983..plagaraism?
The Starmaker
2024-05-10 22:49:05 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and
expecting different results." -- Albert Einstein
Do you have a real source for Einstein ever having said
anything like this?
Beyond the internet forever repeating itself?
Jan
(doubting it)
He concludes his letter, ironically: "I am now completely ripe for the ins
ane
Post by The Starmaker
asylumâ•°
[...]
J. J. Lodder lives in a world where everytime Albert Einstein utters a word someone behind him is writing it down!
The Starmaker
2024-05-11 02:43:17 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and
expecting different results." -- Albert Einstein
Do you have a real source for Einstein ever having said
anything like this?
Beyond the internet forever repeating itself?
Jan
(doubting it)
He concludes his letter, ironically: "I am now completely ripe for the ins
ane
Post by The Starmaker
asylumâ•°
[...]
Insanity is expecting someone is always behind Albert Einstein
writing and recording every word he utters.

And if it is not written or recorded, then thinking Albert Einstein
didn't utter anything else. That's insane asylum!
The Starmaker
2024-05-11 20:13:57 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
"Do you have a real source for Einstein ever having said
anything like this?
Beyond the internet forever repeating itself?"
Pfft. Do read.
The quotation is correct, the source I found for it is correct,
and has nothing at all to do with Albert Einstein.
It is a mis-attribution,
Jan
Well, apparently it does have something to do with Einstein, a
character in a book referred to as Einstein. But thanks for the
correction. I'll put quotes around "Einstein" when I use that
quote in the future :-)
It seems that in some circles 'Einstein' is used
jocularly as a nickname for a supposedly smart person.
I have also seen 'Sheldon' used in a similar way.
(after the hero of the 'Big Bang Theory')
Ascribing anything said by such a person to the real historical Einstein
is not the right way of going about it.
Even 'ascribed to Einstein' is just plain wrong,
Jan
Ascribing??? Even 'ascribed to Einstein' is just plain wrong,????

Ascribing *means* to attribute to, which is exactly how it is refered to in

The Ultimate Quotable Einstein
By Albert Einstein
https://books.google.com/books?id=A32-DwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=the+ultimate+quotable+einstein&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiOvsDtsYaGAxVuRjABHXJEAoIQ6AF6BAgIEAE#v=onepage&q=the%20ultimate%20quotable%20einstein&f=false

and I like to add you comment "...is just plain wrong,"

is strange since...

it is Published and Copyrighted by Prinston University Press and also copyrighted by
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

Are you saying The Hebrew University of Jerusalem is just plain wrong????

The Ultimate Quotable Einstein
*By* Albert Einstein

What if you are just plain wrong?

You are saying a bunch of Kikes in Jerusalem are wrong!

https://books.google.com/books?id=A32-DwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=the+ultimate+quotable+einstein&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiOvsDtsYaGAxVuRjABHXJEAoIQ6AF6BAgIEAE#v=onepage&q=the%20ultimate%20quotable%20einstein&f=false

Oh..but excuse, i forgot...you're from France...they don't like kikes there.

either..

anywhere really.

drave them to the river as God intended them to be..
Bruno Gyöngyösi
2024-05-11 21:03:45 UTC
Well, apparently it does have something to do with Einstein, a
character in a book referred to as Einstein. But thanks for the
correction. I'll put quotes around "Einstein" when I use that quote in
the future
It seems that in some circles 'Einstein' is used jocularly as a nickname
for a supposedly smart person. I have also seen 'Sheldon' used in
asimilar way. (after the hero of the 'Big Bang Theory')
Ascribing anything said by such a person to the real historical Einstein
is not the right way of going about it.
Even 'ascribed to Einstein' is just plain wrong,
not when it's about money and to stay or become famous. You have to name
the fucking Einstine in your papers, which otherwise would be crap.