Bloomberg donates $500 million to help end coal
Add Reply
s***@gmail.com
2019-06-13 00:41:53 UTC
Bloomberg donates $500 million to help end coal
https://thebulletin.org/2019/06/bloomberg-donates-500-million-to-help-end-coal/

"Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will donate $500 million to fund a new initiative to shut down every remaining coal-fired power plant in America by 2030, a high-powered effort to counter the pro-fossil fuel agenda emanating from the White House, his foundation said Thursday.

“We’re in a race against time with climate change, and yet there is virtually no hope of bold federal action on this issue for at least another two years,” Bloomberg told The New York Times in a statement. “Mother Nature is not waiting on our political calendar, and neither can we.”
Sergio
why not spend $500 million on a new Nuclear plant ?
benj
2019-06-13 06:44:38 UTC
Post by Sergio
Post by s***@gmail.com
Bloomberg donates $500 million to help end coal
https://thebulletin.org/2019/06/bloomberg-donates-500-million-to-help-end-coal/
"Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will donate $500 million to fund a new initiative to shut down every remaining coal-fired power plant in America by 2030, a high-powered effort to counter the pro-fossil fuel agenda emanating from the White House, his foundation said Thursday.
“We’re in a race against time with climate change, and yet there is virtually no hope of bold federal action on this issue for at least another two years,” Bloomberg told The New York Times in a statement. “Mother Nature is not waiting on our political calendar, and neither can we.”
why not spend $500 million on a new Nuclear plant ?
Because that would be a real solution that would actually provide a way
to shut down coal that would not require shutting down civilization.
Shutting down civilization is needed if the neo-commies are to create
the "Red New Deal"!
Sergio
2019-06-13 15:41:33 UTC
Post by benj
Post by Sergio
Post by s***@gmail.com
[...]

AOC's proposal is actually a moron test,
those that *agree with her are morons*,
they cant think further than surface knowledge

they have no idea of costs, no self responcability

that is why liberial dems want to legalize pot,

and have stoned voters, "Cheech and Chong society" everything free,
don't give a shit about anything, accept where to get more drugs

Bill and Ted, 24/7
Double-A
2019-06-13 20:20:23 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Bloomberg donates $500 million to help end coal
https://thebulletin.org/2019/06/bloomberg-donates-500-million-to-help-end-coal/
"Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will donate $500 million to fund a new initiative to shut down every remaining coal-fired power plant in America by 2030, a high-powered effort to counter the pro-fossil fuel agenda emanating from the White House, his foundation said Thursday.
“We’re in a race against time with climate change, and yet there is virtually no hope of bold federal action on this issue for at least another two years,” Bloomberg told The New York Times in a statement. “Mother Nature is not waiting on our political calendar, and neither can we.”
What is the alternative? A Nuke in every garage?

Double-A
benj
2019-06-13 20:31:08 UTC
Post by Double-A
Post by s***@gmail.com
Bloomberg donates $500 million to help end coal
https://thebulletin.org/2019/06/bloomberg-donates-500-million-to-help-end-coal/
"Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will donate $500 million to fund a new initiative to shut down every remaining coal-fired power plant in America by 2030, a high-powered effort to counter the pro-fossil fuel agenda emanating from the White House, his foundation said Thursday.
“We’re in a race against time with climate change, and yet there is virtually no hope of bold federal action on this issue for at least another two years,” Bloomberg told The New York Times in a statement. “Mother Nature is not waiting on our political calendar, and neither can we.”
What is the alternative? A Nuke in every garage?
Double-A
Why in every garage? Safe Nuke power plants can keep civilization going.
Lefty libs seem to prefer blowing the world up with the nuclear
materials rather than generating civilization. Remember the cold war
commie days? Well the neo-commie greens are no different. They are
determined to smash civilization one way or another.

It does not matter if "climate change" is a criminal fraud or not! Safe
nukes are the answer in EITHER case! (At least until gummint allows a
free energy N machine in every garage)
Double-A
2019-06-13 22:32:34 UTC
Post by benj
Post by Double-A
Post by s***@gmail.com
[...]
Isn't "Safe Nuke" an oxymoron?

Double-a
Jeff-Relf.Me @.@
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by Double-A
Isn't "Safe Nuke" an oxymoron?
Bomb-Grade uranium is too expensive to use in nuclear reactors.

Any time you fly commercial, you're exposed to a ton of radiation,
far more than you'd get from Fukushima or Chernobyl,
where plants, animals, and the odd human, are positively thriving.

Sure, nuclear power plants do explode, but so does popcorn.
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
2019-06-14 01:31:42 UTC
Post by Jeff-Relf.Me @.@
Post by Double-A
Isn't "Safe Nuke" an oxymoron?
Bomb-Grade uranium is too expensive to use in nuclear reactors.
Any time you fly commercial, you're exposed to a ton of radiation,
far more than you'd get from Fukushima or Chernobyl,
where plants, animals, and the odd human, are positively thriving.
Sure, nuclear power plants do explode, but so does popcorn.
Name just one nuclear power plant the actually exploded.
--
Yours Truly, Sir Gregory

Nadegda and kensi » the twain are easily ignored
feminist bigots and America-hating, lying leftists.
Sergio
2019-06-14 01:59:47 UTC
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Post by Jeff-Relf.Me @.@
Post by Double-A
Isn't "Safe Nuke" an oxymoron?
Bomb-Grade uranium is too expensive to use in nuclear reactors.
Any time you fly commercial, you're exposed to a ton of radiation,
far more than you'd get from Fukushima or Chernobyl,
where plants, animals, and the odd human, are positively thriving.
Sure, nuclear power plants do explode, but so does popcorn.
Name just one nuclear power plant the actually exploded.
like the building top blowing off ?
=> exploded off ?
why Chernobyl, Fukushima

I'm all for safe nuclear power, modern designs...

wiki says;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_power_accidents_by_country
benj
2019-06-14 13:22:52 UTC
Post by Sergio
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Post by Jeff-Relf.Me @.@
Post by Double-A
Isn't "Safe Nuke" an oxymoron?
Bomb-Grade uranium is too expensive to use in nuclear reactors.
Any time you fly commercial, you're exposed to a ton of radiation,
far more than you'd get from Fukushima or Chernobyl,
where plants, animals, and the odd human, are positively thriving.
Sure, nuclear power plants do explode, but so does popcorn.
Name just one nuclear power plant the actually exploded.
like the building top blowing off ?
=> exploded off ?
why Chernobyl, Fukushima
I'm all for safe nuclear power, modern designs...
wiki says;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_power_accidents_by_country
All nuclear accidents do date have been from old Gen I designs. No
modern plants have had accidents even if of the older Gen II designs.
And Gen IV plants simply cannot have melt-downs or explosions (comes
from pressure in containment vessels sort of like a pipe bomb, not from
nuclear reaction like an A-bomb)

Gen IV is actually OLD designs that were not used because governments
wanted reactors that make bomb plutonium rather than to be safe. Blowing
up the world is far more important to them than building civilization or
ending extreme fossil fuel use. (Filling air with combustion products is
NOT a good idea even though glowball warming is a hoax)
Sergio
2019-06-14 14:42:29 UTC
Post by benj
Post by Sergio
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Post by Jeff-Relf.Me @.@
Post by Double-A
[...]
Norway is building a nuk waste site good for 100,000 years deep
underground, they will burry it. And leave signs in 8 different
languages to "get the FO of there" when the place is forgotten (was on
you tube)
benj
2019-06-14 17:27:17 UTC
Post by Sergio
Post by benj
Post by Sergio
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Post by Jeff-Relf.Me @.@
Post by Double-A
[...]
This has long been my theory I've been promoting! To deal with nuc
waste you simply find a useless spot on earth, rope it off and dump it
there. My vote in the US was always for Alabama. And get this! one day
at work I'm wandering through a different department (nuc waste project)
and what do I see but pasted on wall was a MAP OF ALABAMA! I about went
nuts!

Of course modern waste-eating designs don't need so much of worthless
states. San Francisco is a great candidate for nuc waste too!