Harve Anirudha, Applications Engineer at Synopsys, writes about conic sections:
Add Reply
s***@gmail.com
2019-06-14 13:40:21 UTC

"Conic sections are very important because they are useful in studying 3d geometry which has wide applications. In electro magnetic field theory it helps us study the nature of the field inside different shapes of conductors. Knowledge on conic sections is required for designing antennas like conical antenna, pyramidal antenna, parabolic reflectors etc. In mechanical engineering it is helps in creating engineering drawing which is the basic plan of components designed. I have named a few applications of conical sections which I have come across but there are lots of others which we use. So conical sections are important if u are in core engineering."
benj
2019-06-14 13:44:18 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
"Conic sections are very important because they are useful in studying 3d geometry which has wide applications. In electro magnetic field theory it helps us study the nature of the field inside different shapes of conductors. Knowledge on conic sections is required for designing antennas like conical antenna, pyramidal antenna, parabolic reflectors etc. In mechanical engineering it is helps in creating engineering drawing which is the basic plan of components designed. I have named a few applications of conical sections which I have come across but there are lots of others which we use. So conical sections are important if u are in core engineering."
I'm sure Archiepoo and Banjo sold teach Anirudha a thing or two about
what conic sections REALLY are!