Czech President Klaus has the real low-down on GWW-CC
Angelo Campanella
2009-03-15 19:18:04 UTC
FYI:

/////////////////////////qupte\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Insider Report from Newsmax.com

Headlines of 15 March 2009

. Czech President Blasts Global Warming

Czech President Vaclav Klaus says many global warming advocates are more
interested in money than they are in climate change.

Speaking at the opening session of the Second International Conference
on Climate Change last week in New York, Klaus — who is also President
pro-tem of the European Union — warned that politicians have “succeeded
in creating incentives which led to the rise of a very powerful
[profit]-seeking group.

“These people are interested neither in temperature, CO2, competing
scientific hypotheses and their testing, nor in freedom or markets. They
are interested in their businesses and their profits — made with the
help of politicians.”

They will profit, he said, from trading the licenses to emit carbon
dioxide, and from constructing unproductive wind, solar and similar
equipment able to generate electricity only with high levels of subsidies.

They will also make money from doing research, writing and speaking
about global warming.

At the New York conference, sponsored by the Heartland Institute and
attended by more than 700 scientists, Klaus declared that “there is no
fixed and stable relationship between measured temperature and CO2
emissions.

“The believers in this hypothesis are not able to explain why the global
temperature increased from 1918 to 1940, decreased from 1940 to 1976,
increased from 1976 to 1998 and decreased from 1998 to the present,
irrespective of the fact that people have been adding increasing amounts
of CO2 to the atmosphere.”

He said global warming alarmists “want to change us and our behavior.
Their ambition is to control and manipulate us.”

The global warming debate “has not made any detectable progress and the
much needed, long overdue exchange of views has not yet started. All we
see and hear are uninspiring monologues.

“It reminds me of the frustration people like me felt in the Communist
era. Whatever you said, any convincing and well prepared arguments you
used, any relevant data you assembled — no reaction. It all fell into
emptiness. Nobody listened.

“They didn't even try to argue back. They considered you a naive,
uninformed and confused person, an eccentric, a complainer, someone not
able to accept their only truth. It is very similar now.”

Recalling his experience at the recent World Economic Forum in Davos,
Switzerland, he said he spent three hours at a closed session with about
60 people - heads of state and “experts” like Al Gore, Tony Blair and
Kofi Annan.

“It was a discouraging experience. You looked around in vain to find at
least one person who would share your views. There was no one.

“All the participants of the meeting took man-made global warming for
granted, were convinced of its dangerous consequences, and more or less
competed in one special discipline — whether to suggest a 20, 30, 50 or
80 percent CO2 emissions cut as an agreed-upon, world-wide project. It
was difficult to say anything meaningful and constructive.”

Newsmax reported earlier that during the Davos conference in January,
Klaus said: "I'm very sorry that some people like Al Gore are not ready
to listen to the competing theories. I do listen to them.

"Environmentalism and the global warming alarmism is challenging our
freedom. Al Gore is an important person in this movement."

Klaus concluded in New York: “The environmentalists speak about ‘saving
the planet.’ From what? And from whom? One thing I know for sure: We
have to save it - and us — from them.”

Editor's Note:

Special: Al Gore's 'Convenient Lie' Exposed

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\endquote/////////////////////
Robert of St Louis
2009-03-15 19:25:30 UTC
[...]
Yes Dorothy the earth really is flat and God made us out of balls of
mud. Conserving and taking care of 'our' planet is a conspiracy.
John Jones
2009-03-15 20:16:48 UTC
Post by Angelo Campanella
[...]
You are right.
Global warming is being used as an excuse to destroy the environment.
Look what happened here-

The Welsh assembly is destroying their local beaches by stripping them
of sand for the building industry. 100 million tons have been taken.
They argue that it is global warming that is causing the beaches to
disappear. They also argue that they can't use inland sand because it
would lead to more global warming because of transport costs.