Robin Bedford's detailed dispute of James McGinn's refutation of the standard model of hydrogen bonding between water molecules
James McGinn
2019-06-01 20:26:05 UTC
OK, with those provisos out of the way, let’s begin.

I have omitted Robin's "privisos" because they are just politics, not science. I you are interested in these provisos and the conversation that led up to this post, here is a link. Read the comment stream:

RB:
1. Coloumb’s Law.
Mr McGinn invokes Coloumb’s law in this video, saying something along the lines that it should be attractive at all distance when molecules of water move close to each other.

JMcG:
Note that Robin did not quote me directly. The tendency to paraphrase one's intellectual opponent is a clever way to misrepresent what they actually stated/intended.

As is well understood, Coulomb's law is applicable to the distance between the outer perimeter of atoms. The outer perimeter is delineated by their respective electron clouds.

By way of glossing over details and pandering to the ignorance and gullibility of the public, Robin is pretending that I indicated electron cloud overlapping--which would require "temperatures greater than the heat of the sun."

RB:
This is not correct.

JMcG:
Yes. I know it is incorrect, which is why I never stated any such thing, you lying piece of shit.

RB:
As any molecules (including water) move closer, there are attractive intermolecular forces between them, such as van der Walls, interactions, dipole-dipole interactions and, as we’ll see later, in some cases hydrogen bonding interactions. These favourable interactions all increase until a certain inter-molecular separation, beyond which, it becomes unfavourable for the molecules to get closer, this is due to short-range coloumbic repulsion by the molecules’ electron clouds. This is described by what is known as the Lennard-Jones potential. I won’t go into detail here, but you can easily look this up. Mr McGinn had not heard of this, and when it was pointed out to him described it as a deliberate attempt at obfuscation. Ermm, no, it’s called a measurable, real thing. Don’t take my word for it. Look up the Lennard-Jones potential on Wikipedia. Expect some vitriolic rebuttals at this point and make of them what you will.

JMcG:
LOL. The only tactic you got involves reestablishing the obscurity that initially allowed you to pretend you understand what you obviously don't.

RB:
2.Hydrogen bonding.
Mr McGinn has decided that the entire scientific community does not get hydrogen bonding.

JMcG:
Yes. As described here:
http://youtu.be/RfNuWJDJvRw

RB:
On the contrary, hydrogen bonding is extremely well understood.

JMcG:
Your desperate attempt to misrepresent my words suggests otherwise.

RB:
A hydrogen bond is the interaction of a hydrogen atom on an electronegative element with the lone pair of electrons on an adjacent electronegative element. In the case of water, the electronegative element is oxygen, and each oxygen atom has two covalently bonded hydrogens and two lone pairs. Each oxygen can hydrogen bond to up to two other hydrogens. Nothing controversial so far.

JMcG:
I agree. But there is nothing specific here either. You are glossing over the trivia that is not controversial.

RB:
We can measure all of the internuclear distances, using a variety of techniques (McGinn will deny this is possible, he is talking shite, this has been shown many, many, many times, using many different techniques). We know that in liquid at its most dense (4 degrees C), i.e. when it will have the shortest intermolecular separation, the average separation between one oxygen atom and an adjacent oxygen atom is about 2.82 Å. We know that the covalent bond length of the O-H bond of a water molecule is 0.96 Å and that average hydrogen bonding distance between the hydrogen on one water molecule an adjacent oxygen 1.88 Å. These aren’t guesses (Mr McGinn would have you believe differently) these have been measured time and time again using a wide variety of different techniques, all of which give consistent results.

JMcG:
Right. There is a distance between water molecules in liquid water that is inconsistent with what is seen in other molecules AS PER COULOMB'S LAW.

RB:
Mr McGinn has decided that hydrogen bonding can be invoked to ‘remove’ the dipole moment of liquid water.

JMcG:
Well, yes. (And in no way shape or form did I ever imply that this involved or required the overlap of electron clouds. As Robin is dishonestly implying.) What I am saying is that Linus Pauling made an error when he assumed that the geometric structure of molecules dictates the dipole AND that since this geometric structure is essentially permanent (at the ambient temperature where H bonding occurs) that, therefore, the H2O molecule's dipole is fixed/static/permanent.

It is not the geometric structure that dictates H2O's dipole, it is the electrical gradient that is associated with the molecule's structure that is causal. And that is important because geometric structure can't be counteracted or neutralized. In sharp contrast, electrical gradient can be counteracted or neutralized.

Pauling made an error--and everybody followed.

The 'anomalies' of H2O exist because theory has incorporated the false assumption that H2O polarity is static/fixed/constant when in reality it is highly variable.

Paling's Omission:

RB:
He proposes that liquid water ‘stacks’ in a tetrahedral form, which they sort of do, on average, and that the hydrogen bonds between one water molecule’s oxygen atom and hydrogen atoms on adjacent water molecules gets short enough that the dipole cancels out. It is this latter part that is what we in the chemistry community call bullshit. In order to be able to cancel the dipole moment, the hydrogen bond lengths would need to be the same as the covalent bond lengths. McGinn cheerfully agreed with this pint in one of his patronising replies (“now your getting it”, or words to that effect).

JMcG:
Well, possibly I am not fully informed on the details of covalent bonding. If you are saying that covalent bonding involves electron cloud overlap (I am assuming it doesn't) then technically what you are saying is correct and I am wrong on this point. But your point is tangential to my point and therefore you are just being dogmatic.

And so, I concede that I may be uninformed about the true nature of covalent bonding. So, your assertions about DFT are irrelevant because for them to be relevant there would have to be electron cloud overlap, which I never intended to suggest/indicate.

RB:
For fun, I did a quantum calculation using the density functional theory (DFT) approach. Mr McGinn was not happy about this. He stated that I was making assumptions about the electron density in the hydrogen bonds. Nope. DFT does not make this assumption,

JMcG:
I didn't say it did. I said you made the assumption by way of analogy to covalent bonding which I never intended.

it calculates the electron density (clue’s in the name) for any given coordinate system of atoms. You give it the distances, it will give you a model of the electron density and an energy of the system. In this model, I had two hydrogens atoms of distinct water molecules hydrogen-bonded to the two lone pairs of a third water molecule:

H H H H
\ / \ /
O O
. .
. .
H H
\ /

(apologies for the terrible representation – typed rather than drawn!). Here the solid lines indicate the covalent bonds, the dotted lines the hydrogen bonds. So far, so exactly like the standard (real) description.

JMcG:
Right.

RB:
I first optimised the equilibrium geometry (for the purists: M06-X2 functional, aug-CC-pDVZ basis set, C-PCM solvent model, solvent = water) of this simple structure and this gave an average hydrogen bond O…H length of 1.89 Å and an O…O separation of about 2.85 Å. Compare this with the observed average values of 1.88 Å and 2.82 Å in liquid water (which have been measured many, many times).

JMcG:
Right. There is a calculated (not directly observed) AVERAGE distance between H2O molecules in liquid H2O. This "unexplained" distance will change with temperature differences, but not that much. (Note: I put the word unexplained in quotes because my theory actually does explain it whereas the standard model fails.)

RB:
That is an error of 1% or less for the bond metrics of this simple model compared with the measured values for liquid water. We can reasonably confidently take the energy of this model as a ‘zero point’ standard value (electronic energy = -229.265956 hartrees) with which to compare the results returned by Mr Denks theory.

JMcG:
Convoluted.

RB:
I then moved the water molecules closer so that the hydrogen bond distance was the same as the covalent bond length (0.96 Å), as would be necessary in order for the dipole moment to cancel out – the central tenet of mr Denk’s, I’m sorry, Mr McGinn’s “theory” and reran the calculation.

JMcG:
You've stated nothing about the origin of the dipole moment. Do you dispute what I've stated above about the difference between it being a consequence of molecular geometric assymetry and it being a consequence of electrical gradients? You need to be clear on this point.

I have to admit, Robin, now that I've read this carefully you don't seem as dumb as it once seemed.

James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes
r***@gmail.com
2019-06-02 19:38:00 UTC
Ok fuckknuckle let’s clear up some of your errant twattery shall we?

The first waffle bollocks you wank on about is my dishonesty in not giving the full quote. Ok shitwit, here it is, 2:20 into your arsewater video:

“Coulomb’s law is applicable to all electrostatic forces. Polarity is an electrostatic force. Coulomb’s law posits that the magnitude of the electrostatic force increases as distance decreases. In other words the force gets stronger the closer the molecules get to each other. Or at least that is what should happen according to Coulomb’s law. So the fact that—obviously—this is not what is actually happening with H2O is a huge problem for the current paradigm.”

No it isn’t dipshit. As molecules get close, attractive intermolecular interactions increase to a certain distance. BEYOND THAT DISTANCE THE ELECTRON CLOUDS OF THE MOLECULES REPEL EACH OTHER ACCORDING TO COULOMBS LAW YOU DOZY FUCKING TWAT, and this is well described by the Lennard -Jones potential, which YOU DONT UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOU ARE A FUCKWIT WITH NO BASIC PHYSICS OR CHEMISTRY KNOWLEDGE. Clearer now numbnuts?

Next subtly:

“Well, possibly I am not fully informed on the details of covalent bonding. If you are saying that covalent bonding involves electron cloud overlap (I am assuming it doesn't) then technically what you are saying is correct and I am wrong on this point. But your point is tangential to my point and therefore you are just being dogmatic.”

Tangential and dogmatic? NO YOU CURDWIT THE OVERLAP OF ELECTRON CLOUDS IN COVALENT BONDS IS AT THE HEART OF OF ALL MOLECULAR CHEMISTRY YOU FUCKING MORON. And you are “assuming it doesn’t”, still at least you have the good grace to admit you don’t understand covalent bonds or their relevance, BUT NOT THE MENTAL CAPABILITY TO REALISE THAT THIS SIMPLE STATEMENT MEANS YOU DONT KNOW THE FIRST FUCK ABOUT BASIC UNDERGRADUATE LEVEL CHEMISTRY AND MAYBE IT WOULD BE SENSIBLE FOR YOU TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AT THIS POINT? clear?

... blah blah blah, didn’t say that, convoluted, blah blah. As I have said EVERY FUCKING TIME YOU DO THIS, YOU OBFUSCATING MORON, Iam quite happy to rerun the calculations with whatever bond metrics your fuckwittery theory dictates, yet you remain mysteriously quiet on this. What length, on average, do the hydrogen bonds need to be in your theory in order to cancel the dipole? From symmetry, the OH hydrogen bonds will have to be the same length as the covalent bonds, or the dipole won’t cancel. So you give me the number your theory dictates, and i will rerun the calculation. Or alternatively, accept you can’t and then just fuck off. Your call.

“I have to admit, Robin, now that I've read this carefully you don't seem as dumb as it once seemed.”
Thanks. I’d love to say the same thing back, but that would be a complete lie.
James McGinn
2019-06-02 22:01:01 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Ok fuckknuckle let’s clear up some of your errant twattery shall we?
“Coulomb’s law is applicable to all electrostatic forces. Polarity is an electrostatic force. Coulomb’s law posits that the magnitude of the electrostatic force increases as distance decreases. In other words the force gets stronger the closer the molecules get to each other. Or at least that is what should happen according to Coulomb’s law. So the fact that—obviously—this is not what is actually happening with H2O is a huge problem for the current paradigm.”
No it isn’t dipshit. As molecules get close, attractive intermolecular interactions increase to a certain distance.
JMcG:
LOL. Yeah. And that "distance" is zero, since their electron clouds define the outer perimeter of all atoms. This is what Coulomb stated.

RB:
BEYOND THAT DISTANCE THE ELECTRON CLOUDS OF THE MOLECULES REPEL EACH OTHER ACCORDING TO COULOMBS LAW

JMcG:
Right. Below zero distance they begin to repel. (Except with covalent bonding, according to you.)

RB:
YOU DOZY FUCKING TWAT, and this is well described by the Lennard -Jones potential, which YOU DONT UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOU ARE A FUCKWIT WITH NO BASIC PHYSICS OR CHEMISTRY KNOWLEDGE. Clearer now numbnuts?

JMcG:
You are attempting to obfuscate by way of a false distinction.

As we discussed previously (and, to your credit, you did not deny) Lennard-Jones is only applicable in the event of electron cloud overlap, which is obviously something I never intended (as you well know).

Answer these questions:

Are you or are you not saying that covalence involves electron cloud overlap? (Answer the fucking question you fucking evasive twit.)

Surely you are not saying that ionic bonding involves electron cloud overlap. Are you? (Answer the fucking question you fucking evasive twit.)

An atoms electron cloud defines its outer perimeter. Surely you agree with this statement. Correct? (Answer the fucking question you fucking evasive twit.)
Post by r***@gmail.com
“Well, possibly I am not fully informed on the details of covalent bonding. If you are saying that covalent bonding involves electron cloud overlap (I am assuming it doesn't) then technically what you are saying is correct and I am wrong on this point. But your point is tangential to my point and therefore you are just being dogmatic.”
Tangential and dogmatic? NO YOU CURDWIT THE OVERLAP OF ELECTRON CLOUDS IN COVALENT BONDS IS AT THE HEART OF OF ALL MOLECULAR CHEMISTRY YOU FUCKING MORON.
JMcG:
LOL. Meaningless. You got nothing!!! Obfuscation is the only tactic you got left.

RB:
And you are “assuming it doesn’t”, still at least you have the good grace to admit you don’t understand covalent bonds or their relevance, BUT NOT THE MENTAL CAPABILITY TO REALISE THAT THIS SIMPLE STATEMENT MEANS YOU DONT KNOW THE FIRST FUCK ABOUT BASIC UNDERGRADUATE LEVEL CHEMISTRY AND MAYBE IT WOULD BE SENSIBLE FOR YOU TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AT THIS POINT? clear?

JMcG:
LOL. You got nothing!!! You still haven't answered the question:
Post by r***@gmail.com
... blah blah blah, didn’t say that, convoluted, blah blah. As I have said EVERY FUCKING TIME YOU DO THIS, YOU OBFUSCATING MORON, Iam quite happy to rerun the calculations with whatever bond metrics your fuckwittery theory dictates, yet you remain mysteriously quiet on this.
JMcG:
Like it isn't obvious that you calculations are just a diversionary tactic. You don't have an honest argument. Obscuring the discussion is the only tactic you have left.

RB:
What length, on average, do the hydrogen bonds need to be in your theory in order to cancel the dipole?

JMcG:
It's not discreet, it's relative. The closer they get the more they neutralize. Obviously they can't get closer than their respective electron clouds.

You claim that covalence involves overlap of electron clouds. Okay. That's fine. Even though I have been assuming otherwise whether they do or do not really doesn't make that much difference to my argument (* see note below). What we do see is an inverse relationship between distance and force that appears to conflict Coulomb, which is impossible. So there must me something neutralizing the polar force--as I've described.

(* Note: If it is true that hydrogen bonds can never bring their respective constituents as close to the nucleus as do covalent bonds (as you claim) then that would only mean that H bonds cannot reduce polarity to zero. But that is not that big of a deal in that my theory does not have to reduce polarity all the way to zero in order to explain what your model fails to explain.)

RB:
From symmetry, the OH hydrogen bonds will have to be the same length as the covalent bonds, or the dipole won’t cancel.

JMcG:
Aha! So, you are assuming it to be functionally discrete. For example, a door will only hold against the wind if the door is closed and latched. And so, you are artificially inserting discreteness into my explanation. I do not assume discreteness. I have always maintained that it is the electrical gradient that is causal. So a better analogy would be a fireplace or a heater. The closer you get to the fire the more it warms you. In my model, there is no need for full 100% symmetry to have a significant effect. If you are saying that discreteness/completeness is required then the onus is on you to explain why.

RB:
So you give me the number your theory dictates, and i will rerun the calculation. Or alternatively, accept you can’t and then just fuck off. Your call.

JMcG:
The numbers are in the public domain. Look it up. (Actually, I have no dispute or additional details to the numbers you introduced. So why are you asking for numbers? More obfuscation?)
Post by r***@gmail.com
“I have to admit, Robin, now that I've read this carefully you don't seem as dumb as it once seemed.”
Thanks. I’d love to say the same thing back, but that would be a complete lie.
JMcG:
LOL. Yes, complete lies require absolute assumptions, I'm sure you prefer relative lies based on artificially inserting absolute assumption. These are harder to trace.

James McGinn / Self Declared Genius / Solving Tornadoes
Claudius Denk
2019-06-03 17:00:51 UTC
Post by James McGinn
Post by r***@gmail.com
Ok fuckknuckle let’s clear up some of your errant twattery shall we?
“Coulomb’s law is applicable to all electrostatic forces. Polarity is an electrostatic force. Coulomb’s law posits that the magnitude of the electrostatic force increases as distance decreases. In other words the force gets stronger the closer the molecules get to each other. Or at least that is what should happen according to Coulomb’s law. So the fact that—obviously—this is not what is actually happening with H2O is a huge problem for the current paradigm.”
No it isn’t dipshit. As molecules get close, attractive intermolecular interactions increase to a certain distance.
LOL. Yeah. And that "distance" is zero, since their electron clouds define the outer perimeter of all atoms. This is what Coulomb stated.
CD:
Answer this question, Robin. Do your dispute this? Yes or No.
Post by James McGinn
BEYOND THAT DISTANCE THE ELECTRON CLOUDS OF THE MOLECULES REPEL EACH OTHER ACCORDING TO COULOMBS LAW
Right. Below zero distance they begin to repel. (Except with covalent bonding, according to you.)
YOU DOZY FUCKING TWAT, and this is well described by the Lennard -Jones potential, which YOU DONT UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOU ARE A FUCKWIT WITH NO BASIC PHYSICS OR CHEMISTRY KNOWLEDGE. Clearer now numbnuts?
You are attempting to obfuscate by way of a false distinction.
CD: Do you deny this accusation from McGinn?
Post by James McGinn
As we discussed previously (and, to your credit, you did not deny) Lennard-Jones is only applicable in the event of electron cloud overlap, which is obviously something I never intended (as you well know).
Are you or are you not saying that covalence involves electron cloud overlap? (Answer the fucking question you fucking evasive twit.)
CD: Why no response?
Post by James McGinn
Post by r***@gmail.com
“Well, possibly I am not fully informed on the details of covalent bonding. If you are saying that covalent bonding involves electron cloud overlap (I am assuming it doesn't) then technically what you are saying is correct and I am wrong on this point. But your point is tangential to my point and therefore you are just being dogmatic.”
Tangential and dogmatic? NO YOU CURDWIT THE OVERLAP OF ELECTRON CLOUDS IN COVALENT BONDS IS AT THE HEART OF OF ALL MOLECULAR CHEMISTRY YOU FUCKING MORON.
LOL. Meaningless. You got nothing!!! Obfuscation is the only tactic you got left.
CD: Yep.
Post by r***@gmail.com
... blah blah blah, didn’t say that, convoluted, blah blah. As I have said EVERY FUCKING TIME YOU DO THIS, YOU OBFUSCATING MORON, Iam quite happy to rerun the calculations with whatever bond metrics your fuckwittery theory dictates, yet you remain mysteriously quiet on this.
Like it isn't obvious that you calculations are just a diversionary tactic. You don't have an honest argument. Obscuring the discussion is the only tactic you have left.
Address the issue you lying piece of shit.
Post by James McGinn
What length, on average, do the hydrogen bonds need to be in your theory in order to cancel the dipole?
It's not discreet, it's relative. The closer they get the more they neutralize. Obviously they can't get closer than their respective electron clouds.
You claim that covalence involves overlap of electron clouds. Okay. That's fine. Even though I have been assuming otherwise whether they do or do not really doesn't make that much difference to my argument (* see note below). What we do see is an inverse relationship between distance and force that appears to conflict Coulomb, which is impossible. So there must me something neutralizing the polar force--as I've described.
CD:
Robin, are you pretending you didn't see this. You lying piece of shit.
Post by James McGinn
(* Note: If it is true that hydrogen bonds can never bring their respective constituents as close to the nucleus as do covalent bonds (as you claim) then that would only mean that H bonds cannot reduce polarity to zero. But that is not that big of a deal in that my theory does not have to reduce polarity all the way to zero in order to explain what your model fails to explain.)
From symmetry, the OH hydrogen bonds will have to be the same length as the covalent bonds, or the dipole won’t cancel.
Aha! So, you are assuming it to be functionally discrete. For example, a door will only hold against the wind if the door is closed and latched. And so, you are artificially inserting discreteness into my explanation. I do not assume discreteness. I have always maintained that it is the electrical gradient that is causal. So a better analogy would be a fireplace or a heater. The closer you get to the fire the more it warms you. In my model, there is no need for full 100% symmetry to have a significant effect. If you are saying that discreteness/completeness is required then the onus is on you to explain why.
CD:
Admit it, Robin. McGinn has got you. You were assuming (wrongly) that it is descrete when in reality it is relative.

Address the issue you evasive twit.
Post by r***@gmail.com
“I have to admit, Robin, now that I've read this carefully you don't seem as dumb as it once seemed.”
Thanks. I’d love to say the same thing back, but that would be a complete lie.
Unfortunately your dishonesty and emotional attachment to standard models completely overshadows you intelligence.
LOL. Good one.
Sergeio
ask James McGinn, "how does your shirt dry on a clothes line ?"
r***@gmail.com

Game Over sweetheart.If you really need to ask that, and clearly you do, without being embarrassed, then time to move on and get a new hobby. Because no one who makes the following statement can ever be taken even remotely seriously when it comes to understanding the structure of even the simplest molecules: "“Well, possibly I am not fully informed on the details of covalent bonding. If you are saying that covalent bonding involves electron cloud overlap (I am assuming it doesn't) then technically what you are saying is correct and I am wrong on this point. But your point is tangential to my point and therefore you are just being dogmatic. And so, I concede that I may be uninformed about the true nature of covalent bonding.” Game Over Jimmy.
Sergeio
2019-06-03 13:41:07 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by Sergeio
Post by r***@gmail.com
[...]
you have successfully pushed McGinn into his "overload + shutdown" stage,
he uses his short insults and statements when cornered by truth, then
shuts down for a week or two.

it was easy + fun doing that to him, with his "water vapor denier"
bullshit, for years. [he is like that small dog in an RCA commercial,
alert, but nothing going on upstairs, the wheels are missing]
r***@gmail.com

yes he's having a proper hissy fit now, throwing all his toys out the pram, even wheeling in "Claudius" to join the fray. Bottom line is that now he has finally admitted he doesn't even understand covalent bonding, his entire little world has collapsed. and Im not sure he even realises why. Bless.
Claudius Denk
Why not just answer McGinn's question?
r***@gmail.com
oh, hi Claudius, nice of you to jump to Jimmy McGinn's defence, its good that at least one other person does. Oh, wait now Claudius, you've forgotten again haven't: you are Jimmy "McGinn's schizoid alter ego remember? Here, check out this twitter stream for details of who you both are: https://twitter.com/jimmcginn keep taking the chlorpromazin you schizoid moron.
Claudius Denk
2019-06-03 16:42:14 UTC
Post by James McGinn
OK, with those provisos out of the way, let’s begin.
http://youtu.be/RfNuWJDJvRw
1. Coloumb’s Law.
Mr McGinn invokes Coloumb’s law in this video, saying something along the lines that it should be attractive at all distance when molecules of water move close to each other.
Note that Robin did not quote me directly. The tendency to paraphrase one's intellectual opponent is a clever way to misrepresent what they actually stated/intended.
Yes. Robin is setting up a strawman. I have dealt with this lying piece of shit over in Quora.
Post by James McGinn
As is well understood, Coulomb's law is applicable to the distance between the outer perimeter of atoms. The outer perimeter is delineated by their respective electron clouds.
Yes. This is correct. Robin knows this but he doesn't want to reveal to the public that he knows this.
Post by James McGinn
By way of glossing over details and pandering to the ignorance and gullibility of the public, Robin is pretending that I indicated electron cloud overlapping--which would require "temperatures greater than the heat of the sun."
This is not correct.
McGinn's statement is perfectly accurate, you lying piece of shit.
Post by James McGinn
Yes. I know it is incorrect, which is why I never stated any such thing, you lying piece of shit.
As any molecules (including water) move closer, there are attractive intermolecular forces between them, such as van der Walls, interactions, dipole-dipole interactions and, as we’ll see later, in some cases hydrogen bonding interactions.
Obfuscation. Robin is creating confusion so that he can pretend to have a deeper understanding that he won't ever reveal.

These favourable interactions all increase until a certain inter-molecular separation, beyond which, it becomes unfavourable for the molecules to get closer, this is due to short-range coloumbic repulsion by the molecules’ electron clouds. This is described by what is known as the Lennard-Jones potential. I won’t go into detail here,

LOL. Yeah, because you got nothing you obfuscating piece of shit.

but you can easily look this up. Mr McGinn had not heard of this, and when it was pointed out to him described it as a deliberate attempt at obfuscation. Ermm, no, it’s called a measurable, real thing. Don’t take my word for it. Look up the Lennard-Jones potential on Wikipedia. Expect some vitriolic rebuttals at this point and make of them what you will.

As I've explained about three times now, L-J is perfectly irrelevant. As you surey realize, you lying piece of shit.
Post by James McGinn
[...]
Note, that now that Robin more fully realizes his complete failure to address the issue he is restating the problem to create more obfuscation.
Post by James McGinn
[...]
Robin. Why did you not respond to this, you lying piece of shit.
Post by James McGinn
Pauling made an error--and everybody followed.
The 'anomalies' of H2O exist because theory has incorporated the false assumption that H2O polarity is static/fixed/constant when in reality it is highly variable.
http://youtu.be/iIQSubWJeNg
He proposes that liquid water ‘stacks’ in a tetrahedral form,
LOL. I didn't propose this. This is a standard assumption:

You are ignorant about what is called the water structure controversy (my theory is the solution):

http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16601

which they sort of do, on average, and that the hydrogen bonds between one water molecule’s oxygen atom and hydrogen atoms on adjacent water molecules gets short enough that the dipole cancels out. It is this latter part that is what we in the chemistry community call bullshit. In order to be able to cancel the dipole moment, the hydrogen bond lengths would need to be the same as the covalent bond lengths. McGinn cheerfully agreed with this pint in one of his patronising replies (“now your getting it”, or words to that effect).

Another out of context quote from science phoney who can't hold his own in a real discussion.
Robin, you are a perfect example of what is wrong with academia.
r***@gmail.com
Lots of angry words there Jimmy. Bottom line, your "theory' realise on you having a rudimentary understanding of chemical bonding. May i\ quote you on the depth of your understanding? Here you go: “Well, possibly I am not fully informed on the details of covalent bonding. If you are saying that covalent bonding involves electron cloud overlap (I am assuming it doesn't) then technically what you are saying is correct and I am wrong on this point. But your point is tangential to my point and therefore you are just being dogmatic. And so, I concede that I may be uninformed about the true nature of covalent bonding.”
Claudius Denk
Is this all you got?
r***@gmail.com

... and you Jimmy are the perfect example of the clueless amateur who pollutes the internet with their "I've got a paradigm shifting theory that no one takes seriously: pass me some crayons and I'll colour it in for you" bollocks.
Sergeio
2019-06-04 14:34:55 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by Claudius Denk
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
[...]
no need to play with McGinn tarbaby

did you know McGinn published two books ? (actually both are the same,
and Claudius Dink was co author on one, and McGinn did positive reviews
on his book as MSD and as S.Davis) Both are $0.99 each and not worth it.
still on amazon. it was offered free for a while

"WHAT GOES UP: Storm Theory: What meteorologists believe but won't
debate, discuss, or even doubt (Solving Tornadoes: Hacking the
Atmosphere Book 1)" Kindle Edition

"Vortex Phase: The Discovery of the Spin That Underlies the Twist: A
Simple Solution to Large, Violent Tornadoes (Solving Tornadoes: Hacking
the Atmosphere Book 2)" Kindle Edition [notice cover illustration has
deformed split brain physopath looking at the "insanity spiral"]

More about the author
Jim McGinn, Biography, I am a serial science theorist. I'm obsesses with
finding what people think is true but really isn't and then using
knowledge from other disciplines to reveal what is actually true. The
two books I've authored here for kindle are in the field of meteorology.
And even though I took classes in meteorology (as an Earth Sciences
Major) I don't consider myself a Meteorologist. My other interests
include Paleoanthropology, Climatology, and Complexity Theory, and Physics.

Book Reviews;

K. Parker
1.0 out of 5 stars

*insane rambling*
July 3, 2014
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase

The author believes that elementary concepts, which have been taught to
and understood by first year Chemistry and Physics students for many
decades, are some kind of meteorological conspiracy. The author also
does not understand the very basic physics that drive convective
updrafts (the positive buoyancy due to warm temperature anomalies that
result from latent heat release). Instead, apparently based largely on
reading websites, he proposes a mechanism that makes no physical sense
and is totally unobserved and unobservable. This text violates even
basic tenets of logic. Totally without merit.

hunter
1.0 out of 5 stars
*Waste of time a non-funny joke*
July 16, 2014
Format: Kindle Edition
This book misleads the reader on basic physical concepts like density,
the basics of weather dynamics, and offers a silly idea that confuses
metaphors about how the jet stream operates with reality. It solves
nothing but does offer a way to waste time and money buying and reading
it. This book is an example of the risks posed in the age of inexpensive
self publishing.
Claudius Denk
Sometimes we find out more about what people do or do not understand from the questions they won't answer than we do from those they do.
r***@gmail.com
2019-06-04 15:21:38 UTC
Post by Claudius Denk
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by Claudius Denk
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
[...]
I agree. Questions like, why won't you explain why the fact that quantum calculations (this is the bit where you say what quantum calculations?) show that for your model to be correct you need to heat water to around 9500 degrees C in order to cause "incidental symmetry" you wank on about? Instead you'll obfuscate by firing a clusterfuck of irrelevant questions/insults in order to give the impression you know what you are talking about, while all the time trying to bury your fabulous comment “Well, possibly I am not fully informed on the details of covalent bonding. If you are saying that covalent bonding involves electron cloud overlap (I am assuming it doesn't) then technically what you are saying is correct and I am wrong on this point. But your point is tangential to my point and therefore you are just being dogmatic. And so, I concede that I may be uninformed about the true nature of covalent bonding.” in a stream of pish. But Jimmy, it ain't ever going away pal: you loose, Game Over. That question?

Or maybe, why the fuck do you keep pretending to be two separate people when every fucking person and his dog knows that you Claudius Denk and you Jimmy McGinn are the same person? You're embarrassing yourself(ves). Or do you really think you are two separate people? In which case I suggest you head to your friendly local practitioner as soon as possible and get yerself a bargain bucket of chlopromazine.
Claudius Denk
2019-06-04 16:27:33 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by Claudius Denk
Sometimes we find out more about what people do or do not understand from the questions they won't answer than we do from those they do.
I agree. Questions like, why won't you explain why the fact that quantum calculations (this is the bit where you say what quantum calculations?) show that for your model to be correct you need to heat water to around 9500 degrees C in order to cause "incidental symmetry" you wank on about?
Because I never made any such assertion.

I suggest you explain this assertion or make a retraction.

Cheers,

Claudius Denk:
https://www.quora.com/Are-the-anomalies-of-H2O-an-embarrassment-to-science-in-general-and-academia-in-particular-especially-chemistry-and-physics-and-is-this-the-reason-most-college-graduates-graduate-without-anything-but-a-cursory?__filter__=&__nsrc__=2&__snid3__=4564554260
James McGinn
Me neither.
r***@gmail.com
Fuck me DenkMcGinn, you need to up the dosage of chlorpromazine, it clearly isn't working you you.
James McGinn
2019-06-07 16:30:41 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
Post by Claudius Denk
https://www.quora.com/Are-the-anomalies-of-H2O-an-embarrassment-to-science-in-general-and-academia-in-particular-especially-chemistry-and-physics-and-is-this-the-reason-most-college-graduates-graduate-without-anything-but-a-cursory?__filter__=&__nsrc__=2&__snid3__=4564554260
Me neither.
Fuck me DenkMcGinn, you need to up the dosage of chlorpromazine, it clearly isn't working you you.
Robin has already lost this argument and now he is trying to save face by pretending that he has not lost. Here is the question that Robin will not answer: Is the polarity of the H2O molecule the result of 1)the geometry of its atoms or is it 2)the result of electrical gradients associated with the geometry.

This error is "Pauling's Omission." (See video link below.)

The correct answer is 2. H2O polarity is a result of the electrical gradients created by the arrangements of its atoms.

The difference is that electrical gradients can be opposed and neutralized. When an H2O molecule forms a hydrogen bond opposing electrical gradients are brought into effect that neutralize a fraction (up to 25%) of the polarity. In fact this happens to both of the H2O molecules.

Collectively it is this factor that underlies the behaviors that have been referred to as the "anomalies" of H2O.

Academia never admits it is wrong, even when it is obvious. Lies is all Robin Bedford has left. He knows that the world is full of brain-dead retards who are happy to pretend to understand/believe whatevers academia states.

Answer the question you evasive, lying SOB. Is the H2O molecules polarity a consequence of the geometry of the arrangement of its atoms or is it the consequence of the electrical gradients thereof?

Pauling's Omission: The Original Sin of the Natural Sciences
http://youtu.be/iIQSubWJeNg

James McGinn / Physicist extraordinaire / Solving Tornadoes
r***@gmail.com
Hey Jimmy baby, you know you can extract the electric gradients from the dft calculations I did for you, right? So regarding "Academia never admits it is wrong, even when it is obvious. Lies is all Robin Bedford has left." you maybe want to check your facts before showing in public what a dumb cunt you really.
James McGinn
2019-06-07 17:45:37 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
Post by Claudius Denk
[...]
LOL. Did I not call it? I said Robbin would refuse to answer.

Admit it you lying piece of shit. Like everybody else, you assumed the H2O molecules geometry was causal of polarity when in reality it is only causal of the arrangement of atoms that cause the electrical gradient.

Academics create dumbed down models that appeal to a lazy and dull witted public.

I got it right because I am a careful scientist who realizes there are no anomalies in nature, just bad theory.

Electrical gradients cause polarity, not geometry.

The rest of you brain-dead morons need to go find another hobby.

This is the state of science today. The internet has made it far to easy for dumb people to fool themselves into thinking they understand what they only believe.
Sirgeo
2019-06-07 18:18:59 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
Post by Claudius Denk
https://www.quora.com/Are-the-anomalies-of-H2O-an-embarrassment-to-science-in-general-and-academia-in-particular-especially-chemistry-and-physics-and-is-this-the-reason-most-college-graduates-graduate-without-anything-but-a-cursory?__filter__=&__nsrc__=2&__snid3__=4564554260
Me neither.
Fuck me DenkMcGinn, you need to up the dosage of chlorpromazine, it clearly isn't working you you.
<snip crap>
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
James McGinn / Physicist extraordinaire / Solving Tornadoes
Hey Jimmy baby, you know you can extract the electric gradients from the dft calculations I did for you, right? So regarding "Academia never admits it is wrong, even when it is obvious. Lies is all Robin Bedford has left." you maybe want to check your facts before showing in public what a dumb cunt you really.
McFly inquires (because he dosent know it):

#1 of course. #2 is miss-stated, and actually a subset of #1.

James McDink or Claudhopper McGinn :
=> google the rest, this is all common knowledge.
r***@gmail.com
2019-06-16 16:09:16 UTC
How’s the fake name account on quora going? Oh, wait now Jimmy, you’re banned under that name too now aren’t you?
James McGinn
2019-06-05 17:31:20 UTC
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/sci.physics/google$20awards$20mcginn%7Csort:date/sci.physics/D81LiDm32eE/ga8mnQvGCAAJ
r***@gmail.com
2019-06-07 17:57:09 UTC
Post by James McGinn
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/sci.physics/google$20awards$20mcginn%7Csort:date/sci.physics/D81LiDm32eE/ga8mnQvGCAAJ
"Admit it you lying piece of shit. Like everybody else, you assumed the H2O molecules geometry was causal of polarity when in reality it is only causal of the arrangement of atoms that cause the electrical gradient."

Twat. You don't seem to be aware that electric gradient and geometry go hand in hand. The heart of a dft calculation is the iterative optimisation of geometry and electric field (electronic structure). If you were;'t such a fuckwitted moron, a quick google search would reveal that. So no, I don't assume, geometry; no I don't assume electric field (electron distribution). I (and every other fucking physical + other chemist) calculate both these interlinked properties in iterative cycles.

Where does that leave you now Jimmy? nowhere to hide? nowhere to obfuscate? Maybe go and learn some quantum structure as applied to molecules, then learn how you model it using computational approaches, then, finally, if you get all of that, come back and explain where the grownups have got it wrong, you pointless little moron.
r***@gmail.com
exactly!
Sirgeo
2019-06-07 20:01:23 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
[...]
James McGinn was the FIRST to actually draw a Mickey Mouse Head on
paper, and call it a Water (Vapor) Molecule... [in one of his famous
youtubbed videos]

these mental confusions and sickness go back deep into his early TV in
mom's basement childhood days, which he still lives through now.
James McGinn
2019-06-07 20:40:23 UTC
RB:
The heart of a dft calculation is the iterative optimisation of geometry and electric field (electronic structure).

JMcG:
Gibberish. You got nothing you obfuscating goon.

RB:
. . . a quick google search would reveal that.

JMcG:
LOL. Do your own Google search, you lying piece of shit.

RB:
So no, I don't assume, geometry; no I don't assume electric field (electron distribution). I (and every other fucking physical + other chemist) calculate both these interlinked properties in iterative cycles.

JMcG:
Obfuscation is all you got! Loser.

James McGinn
James McGinn
2019-06-07 19:22:42 UTC
Twat. You don't seem to be aware that electric gradient and geometry go hand in hand.

True, but irrelevant. Geometry creates the electrical gradient (EG) which creates the polarity. Opposing EGs cancel out EGs. And H bonding bring EGs that directly oppose the EGs that cause polarity.

Accordingly, H bonds are both a mechanism that enjoins H2O molecules and a mechanism that neutralizes the polar force that enjoins them.

r***@gmail.com
Here's the thing Jimmy. You clearly know fuck all about molecular structure, and I can say this til I'm blue in the face and it makes fuck all difference. However, you claim you do. So how about I post part of an exam question I have just asked some 18 year old first year, first semester undergraduate students on chemical bonding in a water complex. You are a "self-declared genius", so you should have no problems answering at your leisure what kids, a few weeks away from their parents can answer under exam conditions. I do have to warn you, it contains real, measure data that you have to account for (n obfuscating, or saying its not possible to measur and no one ever has blah blah blah) but its all based on a highly simple chemical bonding picture, that requires little in the way of calculation, beyond what you can do on the calculator on your phone, and the best part - it's got water in it, so it shoukd be a cake walk for you, right?. So Jimmy, what do you say, ready to show your "theoretical scientist" prowess? Shall I post it for you? Do you want to show the boys and girls what you can do? Can you beat and 18 year old in their first semester?
James McGinn
2019-06-07 21:21:24 UTC
RB:
[...]

Once the truth is revealed it becomes harder and harder to reestablish the perceived validity of nonsense that was once widely believed.

James McGinn / Self Declared Genius
r***@gmail.com
2019-06-07 22:20:19 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
[...]
"Once the truth is revealed it becomes harder and harder to reestablish the perceived validity of nonsense that was once widely believed. " So you're saying you can't do it cos you know too much? You can't be given a measurable physical phenomenon and provide a quantitative account of why it occurs, because yiu are beyond that? Interesting, Sounds like transcendental pigshit to me.

Oh well, I thought I'd offer you the chance to redeem you standing as someone who claims to "investigate" the structure of molecules and yet, as you said “Well, possibly I am not fully informed on the details of covalent bonding. If you are saying that covalent bonding involves electron cloud overlap (I am assuming it doesn't) then technically what you are saying is correct and I am wrong on this point. But your point is tangential to my point and therefore you are just being dogmatic. And so, I concede that I may be uninformed about the true nature of covalent bonding.” Clearly, that's all you got.
James McGinn
2019-06-08 17:24:53 UTC

And so, hydrogen bonds (H bonds) are both the mechanism that enjoins H2O molecules and the mechanism that neutralizes the polar force that enjoins them. Each H2O molecule can make up a singular H bond with up to four other H2O molecules. The inverse proximity of each H2O molecule to each of the other is what determines the collective magnitude of the polar forces that keep them within each others proximity.
James McGinn
2019-06-09 17:10:35 UTC
Post by James McGinn
And so, hydrogen bonds (H bonds) are both the mechanism that enjoins
H2O molecules and the mechanism that neutralizes the polar force that
enjoins them. Each H2O molecule can make up a singular H bond with
up to four other H2O molecules. The inverse proximity of each H2O
molecule to each of the other is what determines the collective
magnitude of the polar forces that keep them within each others
proximity.
As this proximity widens (as they get farther away from each other)
the magnitude of the polar force increases up to a certain distance
and then it decreases with further increases in distance, like any
other electromagnetic charge/force.

So, the relationship of charge to distance for water molecules is
similar to that of any other electromagnetic relationship when
there is considerable distance between them. But it is different
when they get close to each other (here "close" is some small number
of angstroms--possibly no more than two or three diameters of the
oxygen molecule in length). At this point they start to neutralize
each other's polarity with further decrease of the distance between
them. The lesser is the distance with up to four other H2O molecules
the lesser are the charges/forces holding them together, the
charge/force potentially going all the way to zero if and when all
four are at zero distance. (But, keep in mind, since there is no
charge/force holding them they will, most likely, not stay at zero
distance for very long.)

And so, modern chemistry (starting with Linus Pauling but possibly
even preceding him) made a huge error when it mistakenly attributed
H2O polarity to the molecular geometry of the H2O molecule (which is
static, unchanged) when they should have attributed it to the
molecule's electrical gradients. This erroneous assumption set the
stage for modern chemistry to fail to realize that these electrical
gradients can/will be opposed and cancelled out by the electrical
gradients associated with hydrogen bonding with adjacent H2O molecules,
making the bond force that exists between H2O molecules highly variable
and relative (not absolute or discrete) to the inverse of distance at
these closer distances.

There is a lot of work remaining to demonstrate how this revolutionary
understanding of hydrogen bonding in water accounts for (in total or, at
least, in part) the unresolved anomalous qualities of H2O. And that includes both anomalies that have already been recognized (upwards of 70, according to some researchers [ie. Maria Barbosa]) and those that are not yet generally recognized, like the plasma phase of H2O that occurs in the atmosphere to form the structural basis of tornadoes:
Vortices are the Pressure Relief Valves of the Atmosphere
http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17125

James McGinn / Self Declared Genius / Solving Tornadoes
James McGinn
2019-06-10 17:47:25 UTC
.
The tremendous thermal elasticity that H2O brings to our planet is currently not understood or appreciated and this is a direct consequence of an error by Linus Pauling. This error dictates the conclusion that H2O polarity is constant when in actuality it is highly variable.

And so, the "Postma fog-machine." is part of a much larger prejudice of academia toward water. The mythology of water is that it is simple and well understood. The reality is that it is collectively very complex and blatantly misunderstood by science.

Pauling's error was to attribute the cause of H2O's polarity to the geometric relationship of its atoms. It is not the geometric structure that dictates H2O's dipole, it is the electrical gradient that is associated with the molecule's structure that is causal. And this distinction is important because geometric structure can't be counteracted or neutralized. In sharp contrast, electrical gradients can be counteracted or neutralized.

Pauling made an error--and everybody followed.

It is well understood that the force that holds H2O molecules together, allowing it to be a liquid at ambient temperatures and not a gas, is the polarity of the H2O molecules as dictated by the geometric arrangement of its atoms, one oxygen and two hydrogen. One might then observe that this geometric arrangement of each and every H2O molecule never changes in the context of hydrogen bonding. From this one might then conclude that, therefore, the force of H2O polarity is a constant force. A force that never changes regardless of situational factors. Simple enough, right?

Well, guess what? If you agree with what is stated in the above paragraph you have made the same conceptual error that Linus Pauling made way back in the 1940s:

I suggest you watch this video carefully and then read the discussion that ensues in the comments with two different chemists, Professor Dave and Robin Bedford:

Are You Confused About Hydrogen Bonding in Water?
http://youtu.be/RfNuWJDJvRw

James McGinn / Self Declared Genius / Solving Tornadoes
r***@gmail.com
2019-06-16 16:08:08 UTC
“I suggest you watch this video carefully and then read the discussion that ensues in the comments with two different chemists, Professor Dave and Robin Bedford”. I, as one of the scientists name checked by this fuckwittery buffoon suggest you waste not one second of your life on the vacant twattery peddled by this moron, who has a much science ability as a gnat with a degenerative neurological issues.
James McGinn
2019-06-16 19:22:59 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
“I suggest you watch this video carefully and then read the discussion that ensues in the comments with two different chemists, Professor Dave and Robin Bedford”. I, as one of the scientists name checked by this fuckwittery buffoon suggest you waste not one second of your life on the vacant twattery peddled by this moron, who has a much science ability as a gnat with a degenerative neurological issues.
So, uh, here are the questions that matter: 1) Is my description of the
polarity of the H2O molecule being an imbalance of its electromagnetic
igradients not perfectly accurate? And, 2) is my assertion that hydrogen bonds between water molecules bring electromagnetic gradients that re-balance
the above mentioned imbalance not also perfectly accurate?

So, Robin, have you ever considered contacting a physicist so that they
can help you get a better understanding of QM, especially with respect
to the phenomena of opposing electrical gradient cancellation?

James McGinn / Self Declared Genius / Solving Tornadoes
r***@gmail.com
2019-06-16 20:19:53 UTC
to the phenomena of opposing electrical gradient cancellation?” Ha! The notification of your message interrupted me from putting on a particularly vexing broken symmetry spin state quantum calculation I am working on. You on the other hand cheerfully admit that you don’t understand the basics of chemical bonding. I agree one of us could do with chatting with a physicist.
James McGinn
2019-06-16 20:57:15 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
“So, Robin, have you ever considered contacting a physicist so that they
can help you get a better understanding of QM, especially with respect
to the phenomena of opposing electrical gradient cancellation?” Ha! The
notification of your message interrupted me from putting on a
particularly vexing broken symmetry spin state quantum calculation I am
working on. You on the other hand cheerfully admit that you don’t
understand the basics of chemical bonding. I agree one of us could do
with chatting with a physicist.
I have two points. Firstly, the mistake you chemists have blundered into is to myopically focus on the H2O molecule's geometric asymmetry when it is the symmetry/asymmetry of electromagnetic gradients that matters and which is only partially determined by molecular geometry. Secondly, you are chatting with a physicist.

James McGinn / Self Declared Genius / Solving Tornadoes
r***@gmail.com
2019-06-16 21:13:00 UTC
Oh Jimmy sweetheart , a BA in geography does not make you a physicist. Your complete lack of understanding of basic molecular structure, plasma, water vapour, boiling point, vapour pressure etc etc etc demonstrates a lack of understanding of basic physics at even a pre-high school level. Your constant inability to see that far from being separate, as you seem to think they are, molecular structure is entirely determined by electronic “gradients”, as you call the, and that is what all bonding theories are predicated on shows you really, really, really, really don’t have the first fucking clue. Off you toddle now and take up a hobby you might be able to do. I hear macrame can be particularly soothing for people with special issues.
James McGinn
2019-06-16 23:05:34 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Your constant inability to see that far from being separate, as you
seem to think they are,
True. As I see it they are separate. Although the first determines the
second, the geometry of a molecule's atoms and its electrical gradients
are two different things.
Post by r***@gmail.com
molecular structure is entirely determined by electronic “gradients”
I agree. Intermolecular bonding (molecular structure) is entirely
determined by electrical gradients. But it is the net effect of all
of the electrical gradients in its vicinity that matters, not just
those that come from inside the geometric structure of the individual
molecules themselves. If you want to counter this assertion then the
onus is on you to describe the mechanism that blocks the influence of
the other electrical gradients (most pertinently, those from adjacent
H2O molecules) that are in a H2O molecule's vicinity.

James McGinn / Self Declared Genius / Solving Tornadoes
Explaining The Behavior of Non-Newtonian Fluids
http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16885
r***@gmail.com
2019-06-17 06:33:11 UTC
“True. As I see it they are separate. Although the first determines the
second, the geometry of a molecule's atoms and its electrical gradients
are two different things.”

Ok. That’s clear, there are two separate schools of thought. You, and everyone else.

“I agree. Intermolecular bonding (molecular structure) is entirely
determined by electrical gradients. But it is the net effect of all
of the electrical gradients in its vicinity that matters, not just
those that come from inside the geometric structure of the individual
molecules themselves. If you want to counter this assertion then the
onus is on you to describe the mechanism that blocks the influence of
the other electrical gradients (most pertinently, those from adjacent
H2O molecules) that are in a H2O molecule's vicinity.”

Hmm fair point now. Now let me see, why has no one thought of this before, that the electronic structures of molecules impacts on the electronic structures of adjacent molecules and that this in turn Leeds to interactions between the molecules? Oh, wait now, that’s all the Intermolecular interactions ever described by all chemistry theories you fucking clown. Tell me Jimmy, when describing dispersion corrections in your model at the quantum level, do you use Grimme’s D3 model with or without Becke-Johnson damping? No? Do these words mean anything at all to you, or do you think are they just more obfuscation points that scientists say because they don’t know what they are talking about?

Perhaps I may or may not have mentioned this before, but before you start pointing out any deficiencies in chemical bonding theories, you perhaps need to know a few first. You clearly know fuck all at the moment.
James McGinn
2019-06-17 07:27:14 UTC
Hmm fair point now. Now let me see, why has no one thought of this before, that the electronic structures of molecules impacts on the electronic structures of adjacent molecules and that this in turn Leeds to interactions between the molecules? Oh, wait now, that’s all the Intermolecular interactions ever described by all chemistry theories you fucking clown. Tell me Jimmy, when describing dispersion corrections in your model at the quantum level, do you use Grimme’s D3 model with or without Becke-Johnson damping? No? Do these words mean anything at all to you, or do you think are they just more obfuscation points that scientists say because they don’t know what they are talking about?

Well, uh since you ask, yes. That is exactly what I think.

Your obfuscation is so obvious. Pathetic.

You got nothing!!!
James McGinn
2019-06-17 15:39:52 UTC
On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 12:27:17 AM UTC-7, James McGinn wrote:

RB:
Hmm fair point now.

JMcG:
Actually, for you, this is a devastating point. Yes, the public is mostly a bunch of Sergios. But even poor dumb Sergio realizes that you are lying when you state that a molecule's atomic geometry is one and the same as its electrical gradients.

You are a perfect example of what has become of all of academia. You can't provide any honest answers to any of my questions and the reason why is plainly apparent. You haven't thought about any of this stuff since you were briefly introduced to it as a undergraduate.

RB:
Now let me see, why has no one thought of this before, that the electronic structures of molecules impacts on the electronic structures of adjacent molecules and that this in turn Leeds to interactions between the molecules?

JMcG:
Quote me directly, accurately, and in context you dishonest piece of shit.

RB:
Oh, wait now, that’s all the Intermolecular interactions ever described by all chemistry theories you fucking clown.

JMcG:
I wasn't talking about all intermolecular interactions you fucking dishonest piece of shit.

RB:
Tell me Jimmy, when describing dispersion corrections in your model at the quantum level,

JMcG:
All you got left, you dishonest piece of shit, is to start using big words to desperately reestablish the cognitive dissonance that allowed you to pretend you understand what you fucking never really understood.

RB:

Don't change the subject, you lying piece of shit.
r***@gmail.com
2019-06-17 19:56:30 UTC
Ok Jimmy, I think we’ll leave it there shall we? I’m off to write a couple more papers: good luck with whatever it is you do. Bye.
Sergio
2019-06-17 20:01:10 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Ok Jimmy, I think we’ll leave it there shall we? I’m off to write a couple more papers: good luck with whatever it is you do. Bye.
for poor lost "james mcginn, Claudius dink, etc";

http://www.chem1.com/acad/webtext/states/water.html

"In the 1950's it was proven liquid water consists of a mixture of
hydrogen-bonded clusters (H2O)n in which n can have a variety of values,
but little evidence for the existence of such aggregates was ever found.
The present view, supported by computer-modeling and spectroscopy, is
that on a very short time scale, water is more like a "gel" consisting
of a single, huge hydrogen-bonded cluster. On a 10^–12 to 10^–9 sec time
scale, rotations and other thermal motions cause individual hydrogen
bonds to break and re-form in new configurations, inducing ever-changing
local discontinuities whose extent and influence depends on the
temperature and pressure."
James McGinn

Sergio, you moron. Do you have an argument or at least a fucking point?
littlefox
2019-06-18 21:51:28 UTC
On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 13:34:27 -0700 (PDT)
Post by Sergio
In the 1950's it was proven liquid water consists of a mixture of
hydrogen-bonded clusters (H2O)n in which n can have a variety of
values, but little evidence for the existence of such aggregates was
ever found. The present view, supported by computer-modeling and
spectroscopy, is that on a very short time scale, water is more like
a "gel" consisting of a single, huge hydrogen-bonded cluster. On a
10^–12 to 10^–9 sec time scale, rotations and other thermal motions
cause individual hydrogen bonds to break and re-form in new
configurations, inducing ever-changing local discontinuities whose
extent and influence depends on the temperature and pressure."
Sergio, you moron. Do you have an argument or at least a fucking point?
McGinn, you did not read nor comprehend the above which directly proves
your "imaginary theory" of H bonding is *complete bullshit* you made up
on the fly.
littlefox
2019-06-19 04:55:00 UTC
On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 08:39:52 -0700 (PDT)
Post by r***@gmail.com
Hmm fair point now.
Actually, for you, this is a devastating point. Yes, the public is
mostly a bunch of Sergios. But even poor dumb Sergio realizes that
you are lying when you state that a molecule's atomic geometry is one
and the same as its electrical gradients.
where did Sergio say that ? I missed his comments in the thread.
Post by r***@gmail.com
You are a perfect example of what has become of all of academia.
You can't provide any honest answers to any of my questions and the
reason why is plainly apparent. You haven't thought about any of this
stuff since you were briefly introduced to it as a undergraduate.
those are sweeping accusations, got any proof? URLS ? or are you part
of the UFO crowd ?
Post by r***@gmail.com
Now let me see, why has no one thought of this before, that the
electronic structures of molecules impacts on the electronic
structures of adjacent molecules and that this in turn Leeds to
interactions between the molecules?
Quote me directly, accurately, and in context you dishonest piece of shit.
Oh, wait now, that’s all the Intermolecular interactions ever
described by all chemistry theories you fucking clown.
I wasn't talking about all intermolecular interactions you fucking dishonest piece of shit.
yes you were.
Post by r***@gmail.com
Tell me Jimmy, when describing dispersion corrections in your model at the quantum level,
All you got left, you dishonest piece of shit, is to start using big
words to desperately reestablish the cognitive dissonance that
allowed you to pretend you understand what you fucking never really
understood.
using big words ? oh my !
Post by r***@gmail.com
do you use Grimme’s D3 model with or without Becke-Johnson damping?
No? Do these words mean anything at all to you, or do you think are
they just more obfuscation points that scientists say because they
don’t know what they are talking about?
Don't change the subject, you lying piece of shit.
no need to call him a liar or a piece of shit,
when you do, you come across as diversionary, like you are trying to
hide you don't know any of the facts.
Claudius Denk
2019-06-19 14:45:55 UTC
Chapter 2.1: Thomas Kuhn, normal science

Chapter 2.2: Thomas Kuhn, scientific revolutions

James McGinn
2019-06-20 22:57:47 UTC
Robin said it.
James McGinn
2019-06-21 15:56:23 UTC
On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 3:57:49 PM UTC-7, James McGinn wrote:

Biased Thinking and Junk Science
https://principia-scientific.org/the-science-loop-how-biased-thinking-is-the-seed-of-junk-science/#comment-24556
James McGinn
2019-06-22 15:06:15 UTC
http://youtu.be/RfNuWJDJvRw
James McGinn
2019-06-25 22:16:47 UTC
Uyi
James McGinn
2019-07-26 18:13:58 UTC
Uyi
You still got nothing!!!
James McGinn
2019-07-28 18:40:02 UTC
https://principia-scientific.org/mathematical-analysis-debunks-33-degrees-greenhouse-gas-effect/#comment-25004

JMcG:
Maybe the greatest error in all of science is the belief that the H2O molecule is like a permanent magnet. It is a magnet. (This is well known.) But it is a magnet that becomes less of a magnet when it is engaged in a hydrogen bonds with other H2O molecules. Thus H2O molecules are magnets that neutralize each others magnetism.

You do not understand this, Jerry. Like all chemists you pretend that you understand hydrogen bonding of H2O molecules. This pretense is, possibly, the greatest deception in all of science. You are no exception. All chemists are liars when it comes to hydrogen bonding in H2O because your paradigm requires it.

Let's consider the most common unexplained observation of H2O--the very low viscosity of liquid H2O. A collection of purportely permanent magnets would never have the low viscosity that is actually observed in liquid water. (This observation alone refutes modern chemistry's model of H2O.) What is even more perplexing is that the slight variation of viscosity that we do observe (in liquid water) is the inverse of what we expect. Most liquids become less viscous with increase in temperature. The viscosity of H2O is lowest at about 4 Celsius. Although it is very slight (this slightness itself being an observation that chemistry has failed to explain) liquid H2O actually becomes more viscous with increase in temperature!

Modern chemistry has no problem understanding how and why most liquids become less viscous with increase in temperature. In accordance with Coulomb's law, an increase of distance between the molecules reduces the force that holds them together. Obviously this logic breaks down with H2O.

Modern chemistry's solution to this failure to explain is similar to climatology's solution to their failure to explain why CO2 purportedly heats the atmosphere: rhetorical obfuscation. (I suggest reading that whole conversation thread between myself and Robin Bedford on the above linked Google Groups to get a sense of how committed to obfuscation tactics is modern chemistry when it comes to keeping the public ignorant of the implications of H2O's numerous unexplained anomalies.)

Jerry:
I would not state I agree to any part of RB’s statement which you quote. For it is devoid of accurate definition.

JMcG:
Well then, take my word for it, that statement is perfectly accurate. But--as you seem to be suggesting--its vagueness lends it to being part of a larger obfuscation strategy. This being what I intended to convey when I stated, "I agree. But there is nothing specific here either. You are glossing over the trivia that is not controversial.”

Jerry:
Have I ever stated that observations were immune to confirmation bias?

JMcG:
No. Nevertheless, you are a card carrying member of a paradigm that routinely ignores the observational discrepancies that have been labeled the "anomalies" of H2O. (I would argue that this word, anomalies, is part of the larger obfuscation strategy. A more accurate definition would be, "unexplained contradictions and inconsistencies.") It's important to always be deliberately cognizant of the fact that the most difficult part of confirmation bias is the fact that it is subconscious. Above all, you cannot take this for granted.

Jerry:
The problem with observation is that we do not see what is obvious. Arthur Conan Doyle wrote: “There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.” Which has a double edge.

JMcG:
Exactly! Very well stated!

Lastly, let's just say that there is a huge difference between a collective of permanent magnets and a collective of magnets that produce a magnetic force that is inversely proportional to their degree of interconnectedness. Do you at least agree with this statement, Jerry?

James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes
Sergio
discussion with McGinn is identical to talking to a small dog.
James McGinn
So, Sergio, how much longer is Robin going to maintain the charade that he doesn't know that a molecule's geometric structure and its electrical gradients are two different things? I mean, even you can see that that is nonsense. Right?
James McGinn
2019-06-18 23:51:50 UTC
RB:
Ok. That’s clear, there are two separate schools of thought. You, and everyone else.

CD:
Hmm. Let's see. So, there's McGinn's model. And then there's your convoluted model which maintains over seventy known anomalies (and counting).

Gee golly. I wonder which one makes more sense?

CD
James McGinn
2019-06-19 04:53:58 UTC
Hey Robin,
Why not ask some friends and colleagues if they too are unable to distinguish between a geometric arrangement and an electrical gradient?

Really sucks that nobody in chemistry noticed or was aware of electrical gradient cancellation (with H bonding) and its implications with respect explaining/resolving H2O's anomolous behaviors/properties.

I know it must be devastating that such a huge discovery came from outside the discipline. But, you know, according to Kuhn, that is the way these paradigm shifts happen.

CD
Claudius Denk
2019-06-18 15:03:13 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Oh Jimmy sweetheart , a BA in geography does not make you a physicist. Your complete lack of understanding of basic molecular structure, plasma, water vapour, boiling point, vapour pressure etc etc etc demonstrates a lack of understanding of basic physics at even a pre-high school level. Your constant inability to see that far from being separate, as you seem to think they are, molecular structure is entirely determined by electronic “gradients”, as you call the, and that is what all bonding theories are predicated on shows you really, really, really, really don’t have the first fucking clue. Off you toddle now and take up a hobby you might be able to do. I hear macrame can be particularly soothing for people with special issues.
LOL. You got nothing you lying piece of shit.

You are a perfect example of what is happening in science. Academia has been taken over by morons. These morons have no experience evaluating theory. Instead all we get are slightly different flavors of agreement. You idiots agree to agree because none of you has the slightest idea of why you believe.

You morons don't understand quantum mechanics. McGinn is right. It is an imbalance of electrical gradients that underlies the polar force that causes H2O molecules to be attracted to each other. And, as McGinn correctly determined, this imbalance is alleviated by H bonding. This mechanism--the fact that H bonds neutralize polarity--is the mechanism that underlies all of the observed weirdness associated with what has been called the anomalies of H2O.

In reality there are no anomalies of H2O. There are only morons like yourself that collectivize into groups of morons who make dumbed down models that appeal to the multitude of brain-dead Sergios out there who are eager to pretend to understand the dumbed down models so that they can pretend to be smart.

Goodbye asshole.

CD
littlefox
2019-06-19 04:46:22 UTC
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 08:03:13 -0700 (PDT)
Post by Claudius Denk
Post by r***@gmail.com
Oh Jimmy sweetheart , a BA in geography does not make you a
physicist. Your complete lack of understanding of basic molecular
structure, plasma, water vapour, boiling point, vapour pressure etc
etc etc demonstrates a lack of understanding of basic physics at
even a pre-high school level. Your constant inability to see that
far from being separate, as you seem to think they are, molecular
structure is entirely determined by electronic “gradients”, as you
call the, and that is what all bonding theories are predicated on
shows you really, really, really, really don’t have the first
fucking clue. Off you toddle now and take up a hobby you might be
able to do. I hear macrame can be particularly soothing for people
with special issues.
LOL. You got nothing you lying piece of shit.
McGinn is the only one that uses those insults, Claudhopper. Did you
forget who you were posting as ?
Post by Claudius Denk
I am a perfect example of what is happening in science. Academia
has been taken over by morons like me in newsgroups. These morons
(me) have no experience evaluating theory. Instead all we get are
slightly different flavors of agreement. I am an idiot agree to
agree because none of me has the slightest idea of why I believe.
I morons don't understand quantum mechanics. McGinn is moron.
It is an imbalance of electrical gradients that underlies the polar
force that causes H2O molecules to be attracted to each other,
bullshit. And, as McGinn's imagination runs wild,
this imbalance is alleviated by H or O bonding. This mechanism--the
fact that H bonds neutralize positive polarity--is the mechanism that
underlies all of the observed my weirdness associated with what has
been called the anomalies of H2O, but which are not anomalies.
In reality there are all anomalies of H2O. There are only morons like
me that collectivize into groups of morons like McGinn and Dink who
make dumbed down models that appeal to no one, and are brain-dead
McGinns out there who are eager to pretend to understand the
dumbed down models so that they can pretend to be smart, like I and
McGinn do.
Good bye ass hole.
CD [Claudehopper the Dink]
above corrected [by James McGinn]
James McGinn
You got nothing!!!
James McGinn
You got nothing!!!
littlefox
2019-06-16 22:57:29 UTC
On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 13:57:15 -0700 (PDT)
Post by James McGinn
Post by r***@gmail.com
“So, Robin, have you ever considered contacting a physicist so that
they can help you get a better understanding of QM, especially with
respect to the phenomena of opposing electrical gradient
cancellation?” Ha! The notification of your message interrupted me
from putting on a particularly vexing broken symmetry spin state
quantum calculation I am working on. You on the other hand
cheerfully admit that you don’t understand the basics of chemical
bonding. I agree one of us could do with chatting with a
physicist.
I have two points. Firstly, the mistake you chemists have blundered
into is to myopically focus
wrong.
Post by James McGinn
on the H2O molecule's geometric asymmetry
when it is the symmetry/asymmetry of electromagnetic gradients that
matters and which is only partially determined by molecular geometry.
stuck in your imagination again.
Post by James McGinn
Secondly, you are chatting with a physicist.
bullshit, you are a clown
James McGinn / Self Declared Idiot / Polving Pornadoes
littlefox
2019-06-16 22:55:17 UTC
On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 12:22:59 -0700 (PDT)
Post by James McGinn
Post by r***@gmail.com
“I suggest you watch this video carefully and then read the
discussion that ensues in the comments with two different chemists,
Professor Dave and Robin Bedford”. I, as one of the scientists name
checked by this fuckwittery buffoon suggest you waste not one
second of your life on the vacant twattery peddled by this moron,
who has a much science ability as a gnat with a degenerative
neurological issues.
So, uh, here are the questions that matter: 1) Is my description of
the polarity of the H2O molecule being an imbalance of its
electromagnetic igradients not perfectly accurate?
no.
Post by James McGinn
And, 2) is my
assertion that hydrogen bonds between water molecules bring
electromagnetic gradients that re-balance the above mentioned
imbalance not also perfectly accurate?
no, how do atoms "know" they need to "re-balance" ?
Post by James McGinn
So, Robin, have you ever considered contacting a physicist so that
they can help you get a better understanding of QM, especially with
respect to the phenomena of opposing electrical gradient cancellation?
that certainly not you, you are a troll
James McGinn / Self Declared Moron / Solving Pornadoes
James McGinn
2019-06-17 04:48:44 UTC
Sergio:
how do atoms "know" they need to "re-balance" ?

JMcG:
Not needed.

Understanding the "balance"requires an understanding of tetrahedral symmetry/assymetry. Maybe Robin will be kind enough to explain it to you. Or just watch my video again.

Keep your eyes open, your head moving, and your chin down.

Cheers
littlefox
2019-06-18 21:58:04 UTC
On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 21:48:44 -0700 (PDT)
Post by littlefox
how do atoms "know" they need to "re-balance" ?
Not needed.
whoosh!! way over your little head !
atoms have no "brains" so they can't "know"
Post by littlefox
Understanding the "balance"requires an understanding of tetrahedral
symmetry/assymetry.
way to shallow and simplistic, and stick to drawing objects on paper,
you will never understand the science, nor mathematics, nor chemistry
Post by littlefox
Maybe Robin will be kind enough to explain it to
you. Or just watch my video again.
why watch your imagination on fake science ?
Post by littlefox
Keep your eyes open, your head moving, and your chin down.
you can pretend to be a dog if you want to
Post by littlefox
Cheers