Hurricane Maria's extreme rainfall due mostly to human-caused climate change
s***@gmail.com
2019-04-22 18:52:25 UTC
Hurricane Maria's extreme rainfall due mostly to human-caused climate change
http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com/dr20190422-hurricane-marias-extreme-rainfall-due-mostly-to-humancaused-climate-change

"Hurricane Maria dropped more rain on Puerto Rico than any storm to hit the island since 1956, a feat due mostly to the effects of human-caused climate warming, new research finds.

"A new study analyzing Puerto Rico’s hurricane history finds 2017’s Maria had the highest average rainfall of the 129 storms to have struck the island in the past 60 years. A storm of Maria’s magnitude is nearly five times more likely to form now than during the 1950s, an increase due largely to the effects of human-induced warming, according to the study’s authors."
j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
2019-04-22 19:14:47 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Hurricane Maria's extreme rainfall due mostly to human-caused climate change
Hysterical nonsense.
Jim Pennino
Cruz Laconte
2019-04-22 21:47:03 UTC
You dont undrestain the serion implication
j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
2019-04-22 19:17:34 UTC
Jim Pennino
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
2019-04-22 19:46:37 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Hurricane Maria's extreme rainfall due mostly to human-caused climate change
Hysterical nonsense.
Are you going to die soon?
--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2
j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
2019-04-22 21:17:30 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Hurricane Maria's extreme rainfall due mostly to human-caused climate change
Hysterical nonsense.
Are you going to die soon?
If I do, it won't be from hysteria.
Jim Pennino
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
2019-04-23 10:09:57 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Hurricane Maria's extreme rainfall due mostly to human-caused climate change
Hysterical nonsense.
Are you going to die soon?
If I do, it won't be from hysteria.
The point of my question was that I cannot fathom that you would not care
about the future and would prefer to die in blissful ignorance, except if
you would die soon anyway.
--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2
j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
2019-04-23 17:22:15 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Hurricane Maria's extreme rainfall due mostly to human-caused climate change
Hysterical nonsense.
Are you going to die soon?
If I do, it won't be from hysteria.
The point of my question was that I cannot fathom that you would not care
about the future and would prefer to die in blissful ignorance, except if
you would die soon anyway.
There is a difference between not caring about the future and not being in a
hysterical, Chicken Little panic.

And if in fact human-caused climate change is going to result in a global
apocalypse, it is obviously self limiting.
Jim Pennino
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
2019-04-23 20:45:22 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Hurricane Maria's extreme rainfall due mostly to human-caused climate change
Hysterical nonsense.
Are you going to die soon?
If I do, it won't be from hysteria.
The point of my question was that I cannot fathom that you would not care
about the future and would prefer to die in blissful ignorance, except if
you would die soon anyway.
There is a difference between not caring about the future and not being in a
hysterical, Chicken Little panic.
What you call “hysteria”, I called *informed* *reasoning*. You are merely
arguing from your own ignorance, which is a fallacy.
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
And if in fact human-caused climate change is going to result in a global
apocalypse, it is obviously self limiting.
The fact aside that all of this is off-topic here: How did you get that idea?

F’up2 sci.geo
--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2
j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
2019-04-23 22:55:48 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Hurricane Maria's extreme rainfall due mostly to human-caused climate change
Hysterical nonsense.
Are you going to die soon?
If I do, it won't be from hysteria.
The point of my question was that I cannot fathom that you would not care
about the future and would prefer to die in blissful ignorance, except if
you would die soon anyway.
There is a difference between not caring about the future and not being in a
hysterical, Chicken Little panic.
What you call ?hysteria?, I called *informed* *reasoning*. You are merely
arguing from your own ignorance, which is a fallacy.
Yeah, sure.
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
And if in fact human-caused climate change is going to result in a global
apocalypse, it is obviously self limiting.
No shit?

Why are you telling me this?

What makes you think I would start a climate change screed in a physics group?
How did you get that idea?
What idea would that be?

If you had been paying attention for the last 20 years or so, you would
know that I concider people who post climate change crap to sci.physics
to be total ass holes.
Jim Pennino
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
2019-04-24 13:06:21 UTC
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
The point of my question was that I cannot fathom that you would not care
about the future and would prefer to die in blissful ignorance, except if
you would die soon anyway.
There is a difference between not caring about the future and not being in a
hysterical, Chicken Little panic.
What you call ?hysteria?, I called *informed* *reasoning*. You are merely
arguing from your own ignorance, which is a fallacy.
Yeah, sure.
Yes, it is.
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
And if in fact human-caused climate change is going to result in a global
apocalypse, it is obviously self limiting.
No shit?
Why are you telling me this?
Because it is so.
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
What makes you think I would start a climate change screed in a physics group?
I do not think that you do. But you are responding off topic in an ignorant
way without setting Followup-To, which is almost as bad.

By contrast, I had set Followup-To where this is on-topic, a technically
implemented recommendation which you not only ignored, but deliberately
modified backl to sci.physics when using your newsreader, tin. (Talk about
“total ass holes”.)
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
How did you get that idea?
What idea would that be?
(Are you paying attention at all?)

How did you get the idea that “if in fact human-caused climate change is
going to result in a global apocalypse, it is obviously self-limiting”?
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
If you had been paying attention for the last 20 years or so, you would
know that I concider people who post climate change crap to sci.physics
to be total ass holes.
Hear, hear. And how many more extreme heat waves, how many more extreme
winters, how many more measured meters of sea level rise, how many more
extinct species, and how many more *extreme* hurricanes and wildfires will
it take before you _reconsider_?

F‘up2 sci.geo.meteorology again
--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2
j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
2019-04-24 16:41:27 UTC
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
The point of my question was that I cannot fathom that you would not care
about the future and would prefer to die in blissful ignorance, except if
you would die soon anyway.
There is a difference between not caring about the future and not being in a
hysterical, Chicken Little panic.
What you call ?hysteria?, I called *informed* *reasoning*. You are merely
arguing from your own ignorance, which is a fallacy.
Yeah, sure.
Yes, it is.
Oh yeah, without a doubt.
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
And if in fact human-caused climate change is going to result in a global
apocalypse, it is obviously self limiting.
No shit?
Why are you telling me this?
Because it is so.
OK, so you are Captain Obvious.
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
What makes you think I would start a climate change screed in a physics group?
I do not think that you do. But you are responding off topic in an ignorant
way without setting Followup-To, which is almost as bad.
By contrast, I had set Followup-To where this is on-topic, a technically
implemented recommendation which you not only ignored, but deliberately
modified backl to sci.physics when using your newsreader, tin. (Talk about
?total ass holes?.)
Your followup-To is inappropriate as is sci.physics.
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
How did you get that idea?
What idea would that be?
(Are you paying attention at all?)
Not very much. I tend to ignore true believers of all ilk.
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
How did you get the idea that ?if in fact human-caused climate change is
going to result in a global apocalypse, it is obviously self-limiting??
It is trivially obvious.

If there is a global apocalypse, the population is greatly reduced and
modern civilization is essentially destroyed, eliminating most all those
sources of human-caused climate change emmisions.
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
If you had been paying attention for the last 20 years or so, you would
know that I concider people who post climate change crap to sci.physics
to be total ass holes.
Hear, hear. And how many more extreme heat waves, how many more extreme
winters, how many more measured meters of sea level rise, how many more
extinct species, and how many more *extreme* hurricanes and wildfires will
it take before you _reconsider_?
Hysterical nonsense.

FYI measured sea level rise in recent history, the ONLY thing in your list
that has been actually measuered, is in the millimeters, not meters.
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
F?up2 sci.geo.meteorology again
Try again.
Jim Pennino
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
2019-04-24 20:39:17 UTC
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
The point of my question was that I cannot fathom that you would not care
about the future and would prefer to die in blissful ignorance, except if
you would die soon anyway.
There is a difference between not caring about the future and not being in a
hysterical, Chicken Little panic.
What you call ?hysteria?, I called *informed* *reasoning*. You are merely
arguing from your own ignorance, which is a fallacy.
Yeah, sure.
Yes, it is.
Oh yeah, without a doubt.
Indeed, see below.
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
And if in fact human-caused climate change is going to result in a global
apocalypse, it is obviously self limiting.
No shit?
Why are you telling me this?
Because it is so.
OK, so you are Captain Obvious.
Apparently I have to explain it to you because you do not realize that or
understand why what you are doing is wrong.
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
What makes you think I would start a climate change screed in a physics group?
I do not think that you do. But you are responding off topic in an ignorant
way without setting Followup-To, which is almost as bad.
By contrast, I had set Followup-To where this is on-topic, a technically
implemented recommendation which you not only ignored, but deliberately
modified backl to sci.physics when using your newsreader, tin. (Talk about
?total ass holes?.)
Your followup-To is inappropriate as is sci.physics.
Incorrect.

Read again: I had set *Followup-To sci.geo.meteorology*, which makes the
*follow-up* appropriate to be posted in sci.physics because *follow-ups to
it* will by default NOT be posted to sci.physics.

It is only *you* who *continues* to discuss off-topic, ignoring the
Followup-To header field.
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
How did you get that idea?
What idea would that be?
(Are you paying attention at all?)
Not very much.
I can see that. Probably it is the reason for your ignorance. (The other
reason would be malice on your part.)
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
I tend to ignore true believers of all ilk.
You are an idiot. (Human-caused) climate change is NOT a belief. As I
indicated, there are *mountains* of *evidence* for human-caused global
warming. I dare you to read the latest IPCC report (the consensus of 97 %
of all climate scientists) and repeat with good conscience your claim that
there is no human-caused global warming:

<https://www.ipcc.ch/>

Did I just hear “There is no consensus!”? You are wrong about that, too:

<https://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-basic.htm>
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
How did you get the idea that ?if in fact human-caused climate change is
going to result in a global apocalypse, it is obviously self-limiting??
It is trivially obvious.
No, it is not. You have no clue.
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
If there is a global apocalypse, the population is greatly reduced and
modern civilization is essentially destroyed, eliminating most all those
sources of human-caused climate change emmisions.
No, because uncontrolled human-caused global warming will initiate a
*runaway* greenhouse effect. For example: If the average global temperature
continues to rise, then the permafrost will thaw (even more) and methane
hydrate deposits (4 CH₄ · 23 H₂O) currently contained by it will be released
into the Terran atmosphere. The same will happen to the methane hydrate
deposits at the bottom of the oceans.

Methane (CH₄) is an even stronger greenhouse gas than CO₂ because it reacts
with other components of the atmosphere (CO and OH produced from CO₂ and H₂O
by cosmic rays) to produce other greenhouse gases (again CO₂ and H₂O) (it is
already a problem due to human-caused intensive animal farming). There is
strong indication that if these methane deposits are released into the
Terrestrial atmosphere, Terra will end up much like Venus (which provably
does have a runaway greenhouse effect) and will become uninhabitable for
*all* carbon-based life for *millenia* to come.

All of that only because of your ignorance and laziness.
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
If you had been paying attention for the last 20 years or so, you would
know that I concider people who post climate change crap to sci.physics
to be total ass holes.
Hear, hear. And how many more extreme heat waves, how many more extreme
winters, how many more measured meters of sea level rise, how many more
extinct species, and how many more *extreme* hurricanes and wildfires will
it take before you _reconsider_?
Hysterical nonsense.
Not at all. As you could have read in the article that I referred you to,
there is no doubt among scientists that recent weather events and natural
catastrophes have been more frequent and extreme *because* of global
warming. And there is no doubt that it is mainly human-induced (see above).
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
FYI measured sea level rise in recent history, the ONLY thing in your list
that has been actually measuered, is in the millimeters, not meters.
Millimeters *per year*. That is an *average* value and continues to *rise*
(i.e. sea level rise is *accelerated* already). We are at 90 ±1 mm compared
to 1993-01-15 now (≈ 3.3 mm/a). In 2000 it was 22.6 ±0.80 mm compared to
1993 (only ≈3.2 mm/a).

<https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html>

<https://climate.nasa.gov/>
<https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/>

Here you can see what that does (and will do if it continues), not only with
regard to flooding but also the consequences of that (like marsh migration):

<http://www.floodmap.net/>
<https://coast.noaa.gov/digitalcoast/tools/slr.html>

(Google “sea level map” for more.)

Note that although these maps should be alarming for people living at the
coast (where there are many of the most populated cities), you are not safe
from the consequences of climate change if you are not living at the coast:
There are still glaciers, and lakes and rivers there. The former *will*
melt, and the latter can cause floods, too (they will cause flooding if they
cannot contain the water injected from excessively melting glaciers; BTST).

These are the *facts*. You can keep on denying them, and continue doing and
saying and posting stupid things like “hysterical nonsense”, but at least
the truth is where it needs to be.
Post by j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
Post by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
F?up2 sci.geo.meteorology again
Try again.
F’up2 sci.geo.meteorology again. (Score adjusted.)
--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2
j***@specsol.spam.sux.com
2019-04-24 21:55:11 UTC
[...]
Tell it to the myriad of others starting off topic posts, snow flake.
[...]
Try alt.globalwarming, Captain Obvious, and there are myriads of others
posting and replying to off-topic posts.
[...]
Yawn.

The sky is falling; get over yourself.
[...]
And that will be the end of human-caused climate change, QED.
[...]
None of which is "meters".
[...]
I have been denying nothing, I just don't care about anything you or any
other hysterical Chicken Little has to say.
Jim Pennino
benj
2019-04-23 00:43:05 UTC
Worse than that. Hysterical Journo-science lies and nonsense.
Cruz Laconte
Untrue. This is completely superfluous.
benj
2019-04-23 00:41:47 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
[...]
IPCC has found that hurricanes have not increased in intensity or
frequency you dumb fuck. You are not fit to teach ANY classes not even
to senile geezers, "professor"

"Climate change" is solved by safe nuclear. Why are you silent on this?
Cat got your tongue? Doesn't pay you enough cash? WE already have enough
criminal liars on CNN without adding you to the mix, Asshat.
SergIo
2019-04-23 02:34:09 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
[...]
well, that is completely bogus.

read the orgional article it is full of *weasel words*