Welfare is a luxury only the rich can afford.
J***@.
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
<PRE Style='Font-Family: OCR A, monospace !important;'>
Welfare is a luxury only the rich can afford;
slowly, China is approaching AmericanStyle welfare.

In Utah (U.S.A.), my High Schooling was free,
though my family was middle class -- not so in China.

Currently, I get 192$/month in "food stamps" (SNAP) which
can be used to buy most any food, anywhere, including IceCream,
fresh meat/fruit/milk, and frozen "pies" ( Sweet & Salty ).

China has _never_ seen anything like this, above;
free rice and soy sauce, back in the 1970's, doesn't compare.

Outside of the city, old|disabled people get 70 Yuan/month;
inside, they get about 450/month;
former government employees get around 1,200/month (190$).

25 MegaBitPerSecond down, 3 up, no data limit, internet
is free with rent. In "my" Seattle, old|disabled people
get (nearly) free housing; "SeattleHousing.ORG" says:

Applicants who are at least 62, income eligible
and reside within the city of Seattle
receive the highest preference points for SSHP waiting lists.

University District: 1 to 2 years
Green Lake: 1 to 2 years
%
so
J***@.
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by J***@.
Welfare is a luxury only the rich can afford;
slowly, China is approaching AmericanStyle welfare.
so
If you're going to be poor, old and/or disabled,
better do it in America, not China ( or Bangladesh ).