Feathers came first, then birds
s***@gmail.com
2019-06-13 01:24:32 UTC
Feathers came first, then birds
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/06/190603124542.htm

"New research suggests that feathers arose 100 million years before birds -- changing how we look at dinosaurs, birds, and pterosaurs, the flying reptiles.

"It also changes our understanding of feathers themselves, their functions and their role in some of the largest events in evolution.

"The new work, published in the journal Trends in Ecology & Evolution combines new information from palaeontology and molecular developmental biology.

"The key discovery came earlier in 2019, when feathers were reported in pterosaurs -- if the pterosaurs really carried feathers, then it means these structures arose deep in the evolutionary tree, much deeper than at the point when birds originated."
Helmut Wabnig
2019-06-13 06:27:44 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Feathers came first, then birds
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/06/190603124542.htm
"New research suggests that feathers arose 100 million years before birds -- changing how we look at dinosaurs, birds, and pterosaurs, the flying reptiles.
"It also changes our understanding of feathers themselves, their functions and their role in some of the largest events in evolution.
"The new work, published in the journal Trends in Ecology & Evolution combines new information from palaeontology and molecular developmental biology.
"The key discovery came earlier in 2019, when feathers were reported in pterosaurs -- if the pterosaurs really carried feathers, then it means these structures arose deep in the evolutionary tree, much deeper than at the point when birds originated."
Featherless birds are an oxymoron.

Do they research the bird and the egg?
Which one came first,
that is the question.

Waiting for key discoveries.

w.
benj
2019-06-13 06:57:26 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Feathers came first, then birds
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/06/190603124542.htm
"New research suggests that feathers arose 100 million years before birds -- changing how we look at dinosaurs, birds, and pterosaurs, the flying reptiles.
"It also changes our understanding of feathers themselves, their functions and their role in some of the largest events in evolution.
"The new work, published in the journal Trends in Ecology & Evolution combines new information from palaeontology and molecular developmental biology.
"The key discovery came earlier in 2019, when feathers were reported in pterosaurs -- if the pterosaurs really carried feathers, then it means these structures arose deep in the evolutionary tree, much deeper than at the point when birds originated."
So now the theory is that dinosaurs did not become birds? Since wanders
in ignorance yet you, Odd and PBS pretend it's all truth.
You are all asshats.
Sylvia Else
2019-06-13 14:11:58 UTC
So now the theory is that dinosaurs did not become birds?  Since wanders
in ignorance yet you, Odd and PBS pretend it's all truth.
You are all asshats.
No, there's no change on that. It's just that feathers predated birds by
a long time.

Sylvia.
benj
2019-06-13 15:08:28 UTC
Post by Sylvia Else
So now the theory is that dinosaurs did not become birds?  Science
wanders in ignorance yet you, Odd and PBS pretend it's all truth.
You are all asshats.
No, there's no change on that. It's just that feathers predated birds by
a long time.
Sylvia.
So now feathers clearly designed for flight covered a bunch of dinos
stomping around in the mud? Today science is just all about making up
fantasies and having everyone repeat the dogma where no logic or
thinking is allowed? Yep, That's pretty much it. Science has become
journo-science and journalism has become certified insanity. Which is of
course, no science at all.
Double-A
2019-06-13 20:42:06 UTC
Post by benj
Post by Sylvia Else
So now the theory is that dinosaurs did not become birds?  Science
wanders in ignorance yet you, Odd and PBS pretend it's all truth.
You are all asshats.
No, there's no change on that. It's just that feathers predated birds by
a long time.
Sylvia.
So now feathers clearly designed for flight covered a bunch of dinos
stomping around in the mud? Today science is just all about making up
fantasies and having everyone repeat the dogma where no logic or
thinking is allowed? Yep, That's pretty much it. Science has become
journo-science and journalism has become certified insanity. Which is of
course, no science at all.
George Gamow, cosmology theorist, wrote a good book on his early years working in Russia under Stalin. Stalin was dictating scientific theory to the scientists for political reasons. Any scientist who even dared to joke about it, was quickly whisked off to Siberia and never heard from again! Science has to be free to pursue the truth!

Double-A
Sylvia Else
2019-06-13 23:22:40 UTC
Post by benj
Post by Sylvia Else
So now the theory is that dinosaurs did not become birds?  Science
wanders in ignorance yet you, Odd and PBS pretend it's all truth.
You are all asshats.
No, there's no change on that. It's just that feathers predated birds
by a long time.
Sylvia.
So now feathers clearly designed for flight covered a bunch of dinos
stomping around in the mud? Today science is just all about making up
fantasies and having everyone repeat the dogma where no logic or
thinking is allowed? Yep, That's pretty much it. Science has become
journo-science and journalism has become certified insanity. Which is of
course, no science at all.
Not all feathers look like modern flight feathers.

They probably started out by allowing a creature to raise its body
temperature, and only much later became adapted to allowing flight.

Sylvia.

Double-A
2019-06-13 20:33:50 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Feathers came first, then birds
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/06/190603124542.htm
"New research suggests that feathers arose 100 million years before birds -- changing how we look at dinosaurs, birds, and pterosaurs, the flying reptiles.
"It also changes our understanding of feathers themselves, their functions and their role in some of the largest events in evolution.
"The new work, published in the journal Trends in Ecology & Evolution combines new information from palaeontology and molecular developmental biology.
"The key discovery came earlier in 2019, when feathers were reported in pterosaurs -- if the pterosaurs really carried feathers, then it means these structures arose deep in the evolutionary tree, much deeper than at the point when birds originated."
So then why don't lizards and snakes today have feathers?

Double-A