Pay Attention Alan
James McGinn
2017-07-23 17:23:41 UTC
Over 100 degrees , water is an invisible vapor called Water Vapor.
Below 100 degrees, water is a liquid that condenses into
small droplets called Steam.
Steam can be cold.
Water vapor is a hot gas.
Alan, your assertion is trivial and arbitrary. Some people prefer these denotations. Some don't. It's a stylistic choice. It's arbitrary whether one prefers to call moist air steam or vapor. This isn't the substantive issue here. Only idiots argue semantics.

People that are interested in scientific truth and accuracy are careful to remove the ambiguity in terminology. Trolls and science groupies preserve ambiguity since ambiguity gives these dunces the illusion that they understand what they don't actually understand.

Don't be a dunce. Be smart. Address the substantive issue and leave to stupid shit to the many trolls who spend their time pretending they understand what they don't.

Regardless of whether we refer to moist air in earth's atmosphere as vapor or steam the fact is that moist air--including moist air that is perfectly clear--is not monomolecular, gaseous H2O. It isn't in the gaseous phase when it is below 100 C and so it is liquid. And no part of the atmospherr is above 100 C so all of the moisture in the atmosphere is liquid H2O suspended between air molecules. There is zero gaseous H2O in earth's atmosphere.

These retards refuse to accept this. Instead they make silly arguments that since it can be defined ambiguously that therefore we can assume that this ambiguity is reflected in reality.

The implications of this realization go much farther along the lines of realizing that much of meteorology is cult based and just pretends to be scientific. For example, for reasons explained clearly here (link below) that means that air that contains moisture will always be heavier than air that does not. And that means moist air convection is impossible, destroying meteorology's myth that moist air convection is what powers storms and opening the door to investigate the true source of the power witnessed in storms.

Isaac Newton was a human being
https://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16306

The notion that moist air is always heavier per volume than dry air is refuted. It is proven false. It is mistaken. It is wrong.

This opens the door to new explanations of storms and atmospheric moisture.
p***@gmail.com
2017-07-23 18:34:35 UTC
McGinn wrote...
I never thought I would see the day when you would finally admit that moist air is lighter than dry air, Jim...
Serg io
2017-07-23 19:03:20 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
McGinn wrote...
Post by James McGinn
The notion that moist air is always heavier per volume than dry air is refuted. It is proven false. It is mistaken. It is wrong.
I never thought I would see the day when you would finally admit that moist air is lighter than dry air, Jim...
McGinn finally admits he is proven wrong after YEARS of self delusion.

He woke up and smelled the water vapor.
James McGinn
2017-07-23 19:19:43 UTC
Post by Serg io
Post by p***@gmail.com
McGinn wrote...
Post by James McGinn
The notion that moist air is always heavier per volume than dry air is refuted. It is proven false. It is mistaken. It is wrong.
I never thought I would see the day when you would finally admit that moist air is lighter than dry air, Jim...
McGinn finally admits he is proven wrong after YEARS of self delusion.
He woke up and smelled the water vapor.
It's equally dumb to base an assertion on a typo as it is on an ambiguous word.

At least you trolls are consistent.
p***@gmail.com
2017-07-23 23:52:17 UTC
Post by James McGinn
Post by Serg io
Post by p***@gmail.com
McGinn wrote...
Post by James McGinn
The notion that moist air is always heavier per volume than dry air is refuted. It is proven false. It is mistaken. It is wrong.
I never thought I would see the day when you would finally admit that moist air is lighter than dry air, Jim...
McGinn finally admits he is proven wrong after YEARS of self delusion.
He woke up and smelled the water vapor.
It's equally dumb to base an assertion on a typo as it is on an ambiguous word.
And yet, you said it, and Google will remember forever. You can expect this quote of yours to follow you every single time you claim otherwise, I have it safely bookmarked. Of course, you could also just go away and never need to have it shoved down your throat over and over again.

And no, the definition of 'water vapor' is quite unambiguous, as defined by physicists. Why not read all about it...

http://www.encyclopedia.com/environment/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/physics-water

... where it says, in part...

"Water's phase transformation from liquid to gas occurs when molecules in liquid water escape and rise to mingle with other types of molecules and atoms in the atmosphere (mass of air surrounding Earth). Boiling occurs when the temperature within a volume of liquid reaches the point at which all the molecules are vibrating too rapidly to stay bonded to each other. Bubbles of gas escape, and eventually the liquid is gone. Water molecules also enter the gaseous phase by evaporation from the water surface. Water molecules in liquid water are constantly moving. Even at low temperatures, a percentage of the less-confined surface molecules move enough to break their bonds to their neighbors and escape into the atmosphere. Water from Earth's oceans, lakes, and rivers enters the atmosphere by evaporation and, fortunately for life on Earth, not by boiling."
Serg io
2017-07-24 00:29:45 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
Post by Serg io
Post by p***@gmail.com
McGinn wrote...
Post by James McGinn
[...]
James McGinn is moist between the ears.

"May the moist be with you."

-------------
"The notion that moist air is always heavier per volume than dry air is
refuted. It is proven false. It is mistaken.It is wrong." - James McGinn
Lofty Goat
2017-07-24 00:57:56 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
Post by Serg io
Post by p***@gmail.com
McGinn wrote...
Post by James McGinn
[...]
They've confused "boiling" with "supercritical". To elevate the boiling
point of a liquid one need only increase the ambient pressure. In a
supercritical fluid, the molecules don't stick together no matter what
the ambient pressure.

And even below the boiling point of a liquid, eventually all the liquid
is gone... unless the partial pressure of the vapor equals the vapor
pressure of the liquid, at which point no more of it will evaporate,
even if it is boiling.
James McGinn
2017-07-24 04:01:02 UTC
Post by Lofty Goat
They've confused "boiling" with "supercritical".
If that was the case you would be able to produce a quote to substantiate this claim. It's as if you just created your own imaginative reading of the article. Actually, it's just a confused article. It is written for leisurely consumption by amateurs. As such, it makes all the typical dimwitted assumptions involving conflation of genuine gaseous H2O with vaporous (liquid phase, microdroplets). IOW, the author doesn't really understand the subject. This is clear. In a few sentences she blatantly contradicts herself.

All in all, this is the kind of wishy washy explanation that appeals to the dimwitted, lowest common denominator of amateurish science consumer, like Pnal and Sergio.
Post by Lofty Goat
To elevate the boiling
point of a liquid one need only increase the ambient pressure.
True, but not relevant. Control your imagination, goat boy.
Post by Lofty Goat
In a
supercritical fluid, the molecules don't stick together no matter what
the ambient pressure.
How in the hell is this relevant to anything in this article, you loon?
You loons can't keep your story straight. The simple fact is that gaseous H2O is dependent on temperature/pressure as delineated in steam table. You loons need to pay attention to facts and not allow yourselves to be influenced by group-based superstition.
Solving Tornadoes
2017-07-24 15:39:10 UTC
Post by Lofty Goat
Post by p***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
Post by Serg io
Post by p***@gmail.com
McGinn wrote...
Post by James McGinn
[...]
Did you read the same article? This was never mentioned.

In a
Post by Lofty Goat
supercritical fluid, the molecules don't stick together no matter what
the ambient pressure.
And even below the boiling point of a liquid, eventually all the liquid
is gone...
Uh, that doesn't mean it turned to gas. And it isn't gone, it's in the air, in microdroplets. Not gas. Which is the point

even if it is boiling.
Solving Tornadoes
2017-07-24 15:43:49 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
Post by Serg io
Post by p***@gmail.com
McGinn wrote...
Post by James McGinn
[...]
Wrong. Phase transition is determined by temperature, not context. Evaporate is liquid, not gas.

Why you fucking trolls have such a hard time grasping this is inexplicable.

Boiling occurs when the temperature within a volume of liquid reaches the point at which all the molecules are vibrating too rapidly to stay bonded to each other. Bubbles of gas escape, and eventually the liquid is gone.

Vague. It may be gone, but that doesn't equate to it being gaseous.

You simpletons can't grasp this simple distinction.

Water molecules also enter the gaseous phase by evaporation from the water surface. Water molecules in liquid water are constantly moving. Even at low temperatures, a percentage of the less-confined surface molecules move enough to break their bonds to their neighbors and escape into the atmosphere. Water from Earth's oceans, lakes, and rivers enters the atmosphere by evaporation and, fortunately for life on Earth, not by boiling."

Once again, we have an imbecile showing us that other people are just as confused as he is and submitting it as an argument in a scientific context.

You trolls are dumber than dumb.
Claudius Denk
I got some bad news for you. McGinn is right. The phase diagram for H2O that is found in all the book is also right. There is no such thing as gaseous H2O at temperatures/pressures below the boiling temperature/pressure. You are wrong to believe that this exists. McGinn is right. You are wrong.
James McGinn
loons believe
James McGinn
loons believe
James McGinn
2017-07-23 19:17:11 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
McGinn wrote...
Like a true troll.
Alan Folmsbee
2017-07-23 19:21:23 UTC
Post by James McGinn
[...]
Hello James, I am honored that my name is in a Title of a Thread.
Thnak you, Al
James McGinn
Address the issue you fuckwit.
Serg io
2017-07-23 19:42:01 UTC
https://www.thunderporn.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16306
The notion that moist air is always heavier per volume than dry air is refuted. It is proven false. It is mistaken. It is wrong.
This opens the door to new explanations of storms and atmospheric moisture.
Hello James, I am honored that my name is in a Title of a Thread.
Thnak you, Al
it is good to compliment a lost retard like James, especially when he is
only trying to up the # of views of his threads by calling out names of
people, to get them to view it.

In the above, James McGinn's Retraction; "The notion that moist air is
always heavier per volume than dry air is refuted. It is proven false.
It is mistaken. It is wrong."
James McGinn
p***@gmail.com
2018-03-10 22:08:50 UTC
Correct!
Sergio
2018-03-11 02:34:06 UTC
Finally McGinn gets it.
James McGinn
2018-03-11 02:45:26 UTC
Post by Sergio
Post by p***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
The notion that moist air is always heavier per volume than dry air is refuted. It is proven false. It is mistaken. It is wrong.
Correct!
Finally McGinn gets it.
LOL. The only argument you retards can make is one made by me.

You loser got nothing!!!
Lofty Goat
2018-03-11 03:57:49 UTC
Post by Sergio
Post by p***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
The notion that moist air is always heavier per volume than dry air is refuted. It is proven false. It is mistaken. It is wrong.
Correct!
Finally McGinn gets it.
No he doesn't. He misunderstood a correct statement as an incorrect
one, then disagreed, as usual, with what he thought he'd read. SOP.

Why is this thread still alive, I wonder?

(And here I am posting to it. [sigh] I'm up to do a minor chore during
a system maintenance window, and am bored to death.)
Goat
James McGinn
2018-03-11 04:39:53 UTC
Post by Lofty Goat
Post by Sergio
Post by p***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
The notion that moist air is always heavier per volume than dry air is refuted. It is proven false. It is mistaken. It is wrong.
Correct!
Finally McGinn gets it.
No he doesn't. He misunderstood a correct statement as an incorrect
one, then disagreed, as usual, with what he thought he'd read. SOP.
Why is this thread still alive, I wonder?
(And here I am posting to it. [sigh] I'm up to do a minor chore during
a system maintenance window, and am bored to death.)
--
Goat
None of you simpleton's is capable of conjuring anything but the lowest common denominator of what is simple to conjure.

Did you notice Ed Prochak demonstrating his complete mathematical incompetence?

You dingbats look for mispellings and misuse of words--trivialities. Like a bunch of idiots.
p***@gmail.com
2018-03-11 07:46:51 UTC
And yet, Jim, it was *you* who reposted your own so-called error... on purpose!
James McGinn
2018-03-11 13:19:22 UTC
Why do desperate?
James McGinn
2018-03-11 17:55:15 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
And yet, Jim, it was *you* who reposted your own so-called error... on purpose!
LOL. Like this means anything to anybody but you trolls.

Science ain't your thing, dude. Find another hobby.
James McGinn
2018-04-05 05:41:08 UTC
James McGinn
2018-04-06 02:44:53 UTC
Lofty Goat
2018-03-11 16:52:15 UTC
On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 20:39:53 -0800 (PST), James McGinn
Post by James McGinn
Post by Lofty Goat
Post by Sergio
Post by p***@gmail.com
Post by James McGinn
The notion that moist air is always heavier per volume than dry air is refuted. It is proven false. It is mistaken. It is wrong.
Correct!
Finally McGinn gets it.
No he doesn't. He misunderstood a correct statement as an incorrect
one, then disagreed, as usual, with what he thought he'd read. SOP.
Why is this thread still alive, I wonder?
(And here I am posting to it. [sigh] I'm up to do a minor chore during
a system maintenance window, and am bored to death.)
None of you simpleton's is capable of conjuring anything but the
lowest common denominator of what is simple to conjure.
You have achieved a first: the verbal analog of a Möbius strip. No
matter how or how often you fail, you'll have that to your credit.
Post by James McGinn
Did you notice Ed Prochak demonstrating his complete mathematical incompetence?
Why drag Ed into this? He hasn't even posted to this thread. No, *you*
looked silly, and achieved that without his, or anyone else's, help.
Post by James McGinn
You dingbats look for mispellings and misuse of words--trivialities.
Like a bunch of idiots.
Do we? I didn't notice. What I noticed is that you just contradicted
yourself by reflexively disagreeing with something you misunderstood.

I won't apologise for finding that hilarious, although in my defense I
was up quite late and am a bit giddy. You know what that's like.
Goat / RLW
Claudius Denk
Petty, desperate. You are a fool.
James McGinn