Climate Change Could Trigger Global Financial Crisis
Add Reply
kensi
2019-06-13 04:32:55 UTC
A top U.S. financial regulator is worried that climate change could
threaten global financial markets.

Rostin Behnam, a commissioner at the Commodity Futures Trading
Commission (CFTC), said that the financial system was at risk from the
growing frequency and severity of storms. “The impacts of climate change
affect every aspect of the American economy – from production
agriculture to commercial manufacturing and the financing of every step
in each process,” Behnam said at the meeting of the CFTC’s market risk
advisory committee on Wednesday:

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Climate-Change-Could-Trigger-Global-Financial-Crisis.html

(One could quibble with some of the details -- e.g., *what* commercial
manufacturing? America offshored all of it -- but the gist of it raises
serious, warranted concerns.)
in here." ~Checkmate
Checkmate
2019-06-13 05:42:26 UTC
Checkmate! In article <qdsjll$uha$***@gioia.aioe.org>, kkensington01
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...
Post by kensi
A top U.S. financial regulator is worried that climate change could
threaten global financial markets.
Rostin Behnam, a commissioner at the Commodity Futures Trading
Commission (CFTC), said that the financial system was at risk from the
growing frequency and severity of storms. ?The impacts of climate change
affect every aspect of the American economy ? from production
agriculture to commercial manufacturing and the financing of every step
in each process,? Behnam said at the meeting of the CFTC?s market risk
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Climate-Change-Could-Trigger-Global-Financial-Crisis.html
(One could quibble with some of the details -- e.g., *what* commercial
manufacturing? America offshored all of it -- but the gist of it raises
serious, warranted concerns.)
Didn't he get the memo that the world economy is about to collapse anyway?
Do you have at least a year's supply of food and a dependable water source
that doesn't rely on electrical pumps?
--
Checkmate ®
Copyright © 2019

Author, Humorist, Cynic
Philosopher, Humanitarian
Poet, Elektrishun to the Stars
Usenet Shot-Caller

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017
Nadegda
2019-06-13 06:22:49 UTC
Post by Checkmate
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...
Post by Checkmate
Post by kensi
(One could quibble with some of the details -- e.g., *what* commercial
manufacturing? America offshored all of it -- but the gist of it raises
serious, warranted concerns.)
Didn't he get the memo that the world economy is about to collapse anyway?
Just one more trigger among the many competing to be the one that sets the
whole house of cards crumbling.
Post by Checkmate
Do you have at least a year's supply of food and a dependable water
source that doesn't rely on electrical pumps?
I don't know about kensi, but in my case, yes. Heck, with a solar-thermal
distiller I can turn *any* water into clean drinking water.
--
FNVWe Nadegda

"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with
you." -- Mike Godwin, Aug 13, 2017, 8:03 PM
Skeeter admits he mooches his mother's laptop:
Checkmate
2019-06-13 06:49:35 UTC
Checkmate! In article <qdsq3p$aib$***@dont-email.me>, nad318b404
@gmail.invalid says...
Post by Nadegda
Post by Checkmate
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...
Post by Checkmate
Do you have at least a year's supply of food and a dependable water
source that doesn't rely on electrical pumps?
I don't know about kensi, but in my case, yes. Heck, with a solar-thermal
distiller I can turn *any* water into clean drinking water.
Assuming you HAVE *any* water. Damned potable water tanks are going for $2-
$3 a gallon. Of course that will seem like a bargain if you need water
later. I just tripled my food supply, and am starting on water tanks now.

May 2010-February 12, 2017
benj
2019-06-13 07:04:20 UTC
Post by Nadegda
Post by Checkmate
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...
Post by Checkmate
Do you have at least a year's supply of food and a dependable water
source that doesn't rely on electrical pumps?
I don't know about kensi, but in my case, yes. Heck, with a solar-thermal
distiller I can turn *any* water into clean drinking water.
I notice you don' say you actually own one. That would be typical of you
ignorant neoCommies.

And of course monkeys COULD fly out of Nads, ass. But also that is about
as likely as Nads having a date with something male.
Skeeter
2019-06-13 20:39:29 UTC
In article <qdsq3p$aib$***@dont-email.me>, ***@gmail.invalid
says...
Post by Nadegda
Post by Checkmate
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...
if anyone needs a foil hat it would be you.
kensi
2019-06-14 04:37:53 UTC
Post by Nadegda
Post by Checkmate
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...
Post by Checkmate
Do you have at least a year's supply of food and a dependable water
source that doesn't rely on electrical pumps?
I don't know about kensi, but in my case, yes. Heck, with a solar-thermal
distiller I can turn *any* water into clean drinking water.
I have a Brita water filter. Does that count? :)

There are some very clear mountain streams in the north country here.
Though I don't know for how much longer. The glaciers of Haltitunturi
and Ridnitsohkka, up in northwestern Lapland, are retreating fast.
in here." ~Checkmate
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
2019-06-14 19:55:59 UTC
Post by kensi
There are some very clear mountain streams in the north country here.
Though I don't know for how much longer. The glaciers of Haltitunturi
and Ridnitsohkka, up in northwestern Lapland, are retreating fast.
Did you hear about the signs the Park Service had to take down
in Wyoming. They described how the glaciers the tourists were
viewing would be completely melted away by 2020. So sad that
they have gotten Larger over the past decade and show no sign
of melting away. LOL.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2019/06/10/national-parks-quietly-toss-signs-saying-glaciers-will-be-gone-by-2020-theyre-growing/

Smackdown on you idiot warmingtards!
--
Yours Truly, Sir Gregory

Nadegda and kensi » the twain are easily ignored
feminist bigots and America-hating, lying leftists.
Ratchet Jaw
2019-06-14 20:01:16 UTC
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Post by kensi
There are some very clear mountain streams in the north country here.
Though I don't know for how much longer. The glaciers of Haltitunturi
and Ridnitsohkka, up in northwestern Lapland, are retreating fast.
Did you hear about the signs the Park Service had to take down
in Wyoming. They described how the glaciers the tourists were
viewing would be completely melted away by 2020. So sad that
they have gotten Larger over the past decade and show no sign
of melting away. LOL.
https://www.climatedepot.com/2019/06/10/national-parks-quietly-toss-signs-saying-glaciers-will-be-gone-by-2020-theyre-growing/
Smackdown on you idiot warmingtards!
That's hilarious!
--
Ratchet Jaw
The Locked and Loaded Jew
benj
2019-06-15 00:16:39 UTC
Post by Ratchet Jaw
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Post by kensi
There are some very clear mountain streams in the north country here.
Though I don't know for how much longer. The glaciers of Haltitunturi
and Ridnitsohkka, up in northwestern Lapland, are retreating fast.
Did you hear about the signs the Park Service had to take down
in Wyoming. They described how the glaciers the tourists were
viewing would be completely melted away by 2020. So sad that
they have gotten Larger over the past decade and show no sign
of melting away. LOL.
https://www.climatedepot.com/2019/06/10/national-parks-quietly-toss-signs-saying-glaciers-will-be-gone-by-2020-theyre-growing/
Smackdown on you idiot warmingtards!
That's hilarious!
come you deniers! EVERYBODY knows that global warming caused extreme
cold weather in various places! That is simple elementary journo-science!
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

benj
2019-06-13 06:59:08 UTC
Post by kensi
A top U.S. financial regulator is worried that climate change could
threaten global financial markets.
Rostin Behnam, a commissioner at the Commodity Futures Trading
Commission (CFTC), said that the financial system was at risk from the
growing frequency and severity of storms. “The impacts of climate change
affect every aspect of the American economy – from production
agriculture to commercial manufacturing and the financing of every step
in each process,” Behnam said at the meeting of the CFTC’s market risk
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Climate-Change-Could-Trigger-Global-Financial-Crisis.html
(One could quibble with some of the details -- e.g., *what* commercial
manufacturing? America offshored all of it -- but the gist of it raises
serious, warranted concerns.)
And monkeys could fly out of "kensi"'s ass.

In fact monkeys COULD fly out of ANY journo's ass at any moment!
Sergio
2019-06-13 15:50:05 UTC
Post by benj
Post by kensi
A top U.S. financial regulator is worried that climate change could
threaten global financial markets.
Rostin Behnam, a commissioner at the Commodity Futures Trading
Commission (CFTC), said that the financial system was at risk from the
growing frequency and severity of storms. “The impacts of climate
change affect every aspect of the American economy – from production
agriculture to commercial manufacturing and the financing of every
step in each process,” Behnam said at the meeting of the CFTC’s market
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Climate-Change-Could-Trigger-Global-Financial-Crisis.html
(One could quibble with some of the details -- e.g., *what* commercial
manufacturing? America offshored all of it -- but the gist of it
raises serious, warranted concerns.)
And monkeys could fly out of "kensi"'s ass.
not any more, there is a monkey stuck up in there.

kensi pupa- go see Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel to get monkey out, ask for your
final medicine!
explaines why shit has backed up into their brains
whodat
2019-06-13 10:59:54 UTC
Post by kensi
A top U.S. financial regulator is worried that climate change could
threaten global financial markets.
Rostin Behnam, a commissioner at the Commodity Futures Trading
Commission (CFTC), said that the financial system was at risk from the
growing frequency and severity of storms. “The impacts of climate change
affect every aspect of the American economy – from production
agriculture to commercial manufacturing and the financing of every step
in each process,” Behnam said at the meeting of the CFTC’s market risk
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Climate-Change-Could-Trigger-Global-Financial-Crisis.html
(One could quibble with some of the details -- e.g., *what* commercial
manufacturing? America offshored all of it -- but the gist of it raises
serious, warranted concerns.)
Stocks and futures "markets" give something of an appearance of
legitimacy but in the end they're nothing more than gambling.
Siri Cruise
2019-06-13 13:07:37 UTC
Post by whodat
Post by kensi
[...]
Be the house. The house doesn't win everytime, but it does win in the long term.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Sergio
so, you didn't learn how to invest. too bad, that is your problem.
whodat
Classic gambling addict's answer.
Sergio
2019-06-13 18:40:26 UTC
Post by whodat
Post by whodat
Post by kensi
[...]
You have admitted that you are a gambling addict, that is why the
stock market is not for you, no investment skills nor financial discipline.

US Bonds, pays 2% guaranteed, you get all your money back and +2%
that is not gambling at all.

or ATT, huge phone company, millions of customers, and pays 6%

and remember, buy low and sell high, very important.
whodat
2019-06-13 22:47:45 UTC
Post by Sergio
Post by whodat
Post by whodat
Post by kensi
[...]
Show me where I admitted any such thing--simply stated you are a liar
and a fraud.
Post by Sergio
US Bonds, pays 2% guaranteed, you get all your money back and +2%
that is not gambling at all.
US Bonds are not in the "stocks or future markets" or are you so inept
that you weren't aware of that?
Post by Sergio
or ATT, huge phone company, millions of customers, and pays 6%
Failing in the long term. The reason current dividends are at 6% is
because the stock prices fell so low recently, demonstrating a failing
company. Are you aware that AT&T attempted to participate in the
manufacturing and sale of computers three times, and failed dismally
each time. Their corporate culture is such that they cannot survive in
any environment other than the protected monopoly utility marketplace,
and that has been shrinking during my lifetime, eventually it will
disappear completely.

"AT&T (T) has been largely stuck in the mud since plans for the Time
Warner takeover were announced in 2016. After peaking at about $39, AT&T
made a trip all the way down to below $30 in late July. However, the
declines endured following the merger appear to have created a
substantial buying opportunity in AT&T. The stock is very cheap now,
provides an extremely attractive 6% dividend, and the company appears
set to grow revenues and EPS in future years. Additionally, AT&T
shareholders are likely to benefit from the Time Warner acquisition over
the long term, and rotation into more defensive dividend paying stocks
could propel shares even higher going forward."

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4207960-t-6-percent-yield-much

Please note, "COULD PROPEL SHARES EVEN HIGHER..." Still gambling.

To get to this point the gamblers who were holding AT&T stocks lost
big time. They bought low and sold lower yet because they had no
choice.
Post by Sergio
and remember, buy low and sell high, very important.
Gambling is gambling, you can never be certain the vehicle you "invest"
in (actually gamble on) will increase in value faster than the rate of
inflation. Your own example, AT&T, is a prime example demonstrating
that buying into that marketplace is simply gambling.

Back when I was in high school (graduated in 1958) we were playing the
stock market on paper. I did well by breaking even, most of my
classmates lost big time. That's why I never "invested" in stocks. I
recognize gambling when I see it and have always known better than to
participate in such ventures.

Say hello to Kibo since you're such great pals.
chrisv
2019-06-14 12:04:25 UTC
Post by whodat
Post by Sergio
You have admitted that you are a gambling addict, that is why the
stock market is not for you, no investment skills nor financial discipline.
Show me where I admitted any such thing--simply stated you are a liar
and a fraud.
What else would you expect, from a Repug?
--
"[chrisv] demonstrated that he is still unable to comprehend that what
was debated is whether Torvalds is an effective _leader_, not an
effective _programmer_.] - "Slimer", lying shamelessly
Sergio
2019-06-14 21:10:21 UTC
Post by whodat
Post by whodat
Post by whodat
Post by kensi
[...]
I always include bonds in "investments"
Post by whodat
or ATT, huge phone company, millions of customers, and pays 6%
Failing in the long term. The reason current dividends are at 6% is
because the stock prices fell so low recently, demonstrating a failing
company. Are you aware that AT&T attempted to participate in the
manufacturing and sale of computers three times, and failed dismally
each time. Their corporate culture is such that they cannot survive in
any environment other than the protected monopoly utility marketplace,
and that has been shrinking during my lifetime, eventually it will
disappear completely.
total return on ATT from jan 2009 to may 2019 is 110% or about 10% a
year. BUT most of that occurred from 2009 to mid 2016, and then it
flattened out. It was going down slowly from mid 2016 to early 2019
giving the signs that it was tanking (slow price decline, and high div
rate) ATT was a slow mover technology wise, and they had Armstrong in
as CEO who destroyed the management, and they merged with SW bell.
the risk is there with T. During the same time period S+P went up 310%.
total return.

I tend to disagree with the seeking alpha article below, ATT+TW, big and
slow, and behind, like cows.

any stock paying over 5 or 6 % could be in trouble,
check the ratios,
Post by whodat
[...]
depends with ATT what time they bought, what time they sold.

But! ha, look at GE ! those guys were cooking the books!!
it was ok until the CEO changed, then wham!
lost 70% value in 2 years.
they had a lot of long term debt that ate them alive at the end
Post by whodat
and remember, buy low and sell high, very important.
Gambling is gambling, you can never be certain the vehicle you "invest"
in (actually gamble on) will increase in value faster than the rate of
inflation. Your own example, AT&T, is a prime example demonstrating
that buying into that marketplace is simply gambling.
depends upon the potential market, experience of management team, lack
of competitors, high barrier to entry.
Post by whodat
Back when I was in high school (graduated in 1958) we were playing the
stock market on paper. I did well by breaking even, most of my
classmates lost big time. That's why I never "invested" in stocks. I
recognize gambling when I see it and have always known better than to
participate in such ventures.
there are ways to minimize risk,
some stocks are gambling for sure,
some are doing great because their business model is good.
Nadegda
2019-06-15 06:54:17 UTC
Post by whodat
Post by Sergio
Post by whodat
Post by whodat
Post by Sergio
Post by whodat
Post by Sergio
US Bonds, pays 2% guaranteed, you get all your money back and +2%
that is not gambling at all.
US Bonds are not in the "stocks or future markets" or are you so inept
that you weren't aware of that?
To say nothing of how their value is going to implode right along with the
petro-dollar system sometime soon.

Checkmate
2019-06-15 07:52:01 UTC
Checkmate! In article <qe24mo$b1u$***@dont-email.me>, nad318b404
@gmail.invalid says...
Post by Nadegda
Post by whodat
Post by Sergio
Post by whodat
Post by whodat
Post by Sergio
Post by whodat
Post by Sergio
US Bonds, pays 2% guaranteed, you get all your money back and +2%
that is not gambling at all.
US Bonds are not in the "stocks or future markets" or are you so inept
that you weren't aware of that?
To say nothing of how their value is going to implode right along with the
petro-dollar system sometime soon.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. "Everybody's" fiat money is going to
undergo some sort of a global reset in the near future. What are you
personally doing to protect YOUR assets?

May 2010-February 12, 2017
littlefox
2019-06-16 22:51:14 UTC
On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 06:54:17 -0000 (UTC)
Post by Nadegda
Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes,
Post by whodat
Post by Sergio
Post by whodat
Post by whodat
Post by Sergio
Post by whodat
Post by Sergio
US Bonds, pays 2% guaranteed, you get all your money back and +2%
that is not gambling at all.
US Bonds are not in the "stocks or future markets" or are you so
inept that you weren't aware of that?
To say nothing of how their value is going to implode right along
with the petro-dollar system sometime soon.
yes, you say nothing.

benj
2019-06-13 17:28:49 UTC
Post by Sergio
Post by whodat
Post by kensi
[...]
My mom used to tell my that my playing the Market was gambling. And I'd
tell her, No, it's SKILL! And then she'd say, then why do you keep
losing money! And I'd answer "No skill"!
Jeff-Relf.Me @.@
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by whodat
Stocks and futures "markets" give something of an appearance of
legitimacy but in the end they're nothing more than gambling.
Long-Term, you can safely assume that the S&P 500 will return 7%,
after inflation -- but the inflation numbers don't accurately reflect
the higher cost of rent, restaurants, taxes, insurance, education,
healthcare, daycare, lawsuits, divorce, etc.
Double-A
2019-06-13 22:28:49 UTC
Post by Jeff-Relf.Me @.@
Post by whodat
Stocks and futures "markets" give something of an appearance of
legitimacy but in the end they're nothing more than gambling.
Long-Term, you can safely assume that the S&P 500 will return 7%,
after inflation -- but the inflation numbers don't accurately reflect
the higher cost of rent, restaurants, taxes, insurance, education,
healthcare, daycare, lawsuits, divorce, etc.
The inflation rate numbers put out by the government are totally phony!

Double-A