Discussion:
Google Groups and spammers.
(too old to reply)
Ovské Bezvýjimeènì
2018-04-07 20:19:24 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Alan Folmsbee wrote:

>> David A. Smith
>
> Hello David, my name is Alan the retired engineer. The experiments which
> I hope your team would consider are described in this posting to
> sci.physics.relativity. I assume you are an astronomer or explorer of
> that vacuum. With a humble plea, here is an

Hi Alan, nice to meet you. You guys, retired engineers, putted man on
moon, those days. I am working on an arduino right now.
Alan Folmsbee
2018-04-07 21:02:32 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 10:19:29 AM UTC-10, Ovské Bezvýjimeènì wrote:
> Alan Folmsbee wrote:
>
> >> David A. Smith
> >
> > Hello David, my name is Alan the retired engineer. The experiments which
> > I hope your team would consider are described in this posting to
> > sci.physics.relativity. I assume you are an astronomer or explorer of
> > that vacuum. With a humble plea, here is an
>
> Hi Alan, nice to meet you. You guys, retired engineers, putted man on
> moon, those days. I am working on an arduino right now.

Hi Ov, The future of science is being written in time for you:

https://impuremath.wordpress.com/

Al
Ovské Bezvýjimeènì
2018-04-07 22:24:13 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Alan Folmsbee wrote:

> On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 10:19:29 AM UTC-10, Ovské Bezvýjimeènì
> wrote:
>> Alan Folmsbee wrote:
>>
>> >> David A. Smith
>> >
>> > Hello David, my name is Alan the retired engineer. The experiments
>> > which I hope your team would consider are described in this posting
>> > to sci.physics.relativity. I assume you are an astronomer or explorer
>> > of that vacuum. With a humble plea, here is an
>>
>> Hi Alan, nice to meet you. You guys, retired engineers, putted man on
>> moon, those days. I am working on an arduino right now.
>
> Hi Ov, The future of science is being written in time for you:
> https://impuremath.wordpress.com/

Thanks, my dear retired engineer friend. Me too I love moon landings. You
cant drive an output by inputs in the future. Also doing recursive loops
in PID controllers, the y_n[] is based on x_n-1[], which is in the past.
Basics arduino, the most relativists areund here know nothing about.
Sergio
2018-04-19 23:31:03 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 4/7/2018 5:24 PM, Ovské Bezvýjimeènì wrote:
> Alan Folmsbee wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 10:19:29 AM UTC-10, Ovské Bezvýjimeènì
>> wrote:
>>> Alan Folmsbee wrote:
>>>
>>>>> David A. Smith
>>>>
>>>> Hello David, my name is Alan the retired engineer. The experiments
>>>> which I hope your team would consider are described in this posting
>>>> to sci.physics.relativity. I assume you are an astronomer or explorer
>>>> of that vacuum. With a humble plea, here is an
>>>
>>> Hi Alan, nice to meet you. You guys, retired engineers, putted man on
>>> moon, those days. I am working on an arduino right now.
>>
>> Hi Ov, The future of science is being written in time for you:
>> https://impuremath.wordpress.com/
>
> Thanks, my dear retired engineer friend. Me too I love moon landings. You
> cant drive an output by inputs in the future. Also doing recursive loops
> in PID controllers, the y_n[] is based on x_n-1[], which is in the past.
> Basics arduino, the most relativists areund here know nothing about.
>


Hi, checkout this guy's videos, they are good, he covers 5 other small
computers;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC6bG997Bc8
Keith Stein
2018-04-18 07:04:40 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
>>> David A. Smith

Hi David,
Hope you get to see this, although i doubt you will.
Your original posting "Google Groups and spammers" has already
disappeared from my server.

This happens regularly with my own posts too. So WHO DECIDES
to leave drug ads etc on sci.newsgroups and remove this sort of thingy eh!




Summary:
1. The speed of light in intergalactic-space is slowing down.
2. There was no "Big Bang"
3. There was no "Inflation"
4. The galaxies are not accelerating away from us.
5. There is no "Dark Energy"



Searching for an alternative explanation of the Hubble Red Shifts, it
occurred to me that if the speed of light is slowing down, then this
will necessarily lead to increasing red-shift with increasing distance,
as observed by Hubble et. al., without any expansion at all.

Merely by assuming dc = -K c dt ..................(1)
I was led to c = c(0) e^-Kt ...............(2)
and on to Red-Shift = e^-Kt - 1 .........(3)

K ~= 10^-10 /year
t = time in years

Only after starting the PHYSICS PRIZE thread, in which i was trying to
enlist the help of sci.physics.relativity readers to obtain a more
accurate value of K, did the obvious solution occur to me...........

K = H = Hubble's Constant
and t = -t ( so times past become +ve)

which substituted in (3) gives:

Red-Shift = e^Ht - 1 .........(4)

then for times which are small compared to 1/H (i.e. small compared
to the 'age of the universe'), we may use the approximation:
e^x ~= 1 + x .................(5)

So for t << 1/H we have:

Red-Shift = H * t ............(6)

which is of course the normal "Hubble's Law", valid only
for modest times into the past ( t < ~5 billion years).

As our telescopes manage to see further out into space, and therefore
further back in time, we will find that the normal linear Hubble's Law
expressed in equation(6), will have to be replaced by the more accurate
exponential form expressed in equation(4). This is indeed what is found
in observatories all around the world eh!

Conclusions:
1. The speed of light in intergalactic-space is slowing down.
2. There was no "Big Bang"
3. There was no "Inflation"
4. The galaxies are not accelerating away from us.
5. There is no "Dark Energy"
********************************************************************

**********************************************************************
A GOOD QUESTION

When light slows down by entering a more dense medium such as glass, or
water, the frequency stays the same and the WAVELENGTH REDUCES.

So how is it that when light slows down traveling across intergalactic
space,the the WAVELENGTH INCREASES ?

good question!

when light slows down entering a more dense medium, the front of the
wave train hits the more dense medium first. The front therefore slows
before the rear of the wave train, resulting in the rear of the wave
catching up to some extent with the front. Thus the wave train
compresses and the WAVELENGTH REDUCES.

When light slows down in intergalactic space, on the other hand, there
is no difference in the conditions at the front or back of the wave
train. At any one time the front and back are indeed traveling at the
same speed, and therefore the length of the wave train stays constant as
it travels through intergalactic space.

So "How is it that the wavelength of light from distant galaxies is
INCREASED ? " you might ask, and i would reply that it is NOT that light
is stretched as it travels through intergalactic space, but rather that
it was emitted with an increased wavelength, when the velocity of light
was higher than it is now.

The frequency generated by any given atomic transition, even on distant
galaxies many billions of years ago, is exactly the same as that on
Earth today. The wavelength is proportional the the velocity of light AT
THE TIME IT WAS EMITTED, and This increased wavelength is faithfully
transmitted through space, where it is measured in our observatories.

keith stein
p***@gmail.com
2018-04-18 11:28:41 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 10:04:44 AM UTC+3, Keith Stein wrote:
> >>> David A. Smith
>
> Hi David,
> Hope you get to see this, although i doubt you will.
> Your original posting "Google Groups and spammers" has already
> disappeared from my server.
>
> This happens regularly with my own posts too. So WHO DECIDES
> to leave drug ads etc on sci.newsgroups and remove this sort of thingy eh!
>
>
>
>
> Summary:
> 1. The speed of light in intergalactic-space is slowing down.
> 2. There was no "Big Bang"
> 3. There was no "Inflation"
> 4. The galaxies are not accelerating away from us.
> 5. There is no "Dark Energy"
>
>
>
> Searching for an alternative explanation of the Hubble Red Shifts, it
> occurred to me that if the speed of light is slowing down, then this
> will necessarily lead to increasing red-shift with increasing distance,
> as observed by Hubble et. al., without any expansion at all.
>
> Merely by assuming dc = -K c dt ..................(1)
> I was led to c = c(0) e^-Kt ...............(2)
> and on to Red-Shift = e^-Kt - 1 .........(3)
>
> K ~= 10^-10 /year
> t = time in years
>
> Only after starting the PHYSICS PRIZE thread, in which i was trying to
> enlist the help of sci.physics.relativity readers to obtain a more
> accurate value of K, did the obvious solution occur to me...........
>
> K = H = Hubble's Constant
> and t = -t ( so times past become +ve)
>
> which substituted in (3) gives:
>
> Red-Shift = e^Ht - 1 .........(4)
>
> then for times which are small compared to 1/H (i.e. small compared
> to the 'age of the universe'), we may use the approximation:
> e^x ~= 1 + x .................(5)
>
> So for t << 1/H we have:
>
> Red-Shift = H * t ............(6)
>
> which is of course the normal "Hubble's Law", valid only
> for modest times into the past ( t < ~5 billion years).
>
> As our telescopes manage to see further out into space, and therefore
> further back in time, we will find that the normal linear Hubble's Law
> expressed in equation(6), will have to be replaced by the more accurate
> exponential form expressed in equation(4). This is indeed what is found
> in observatories all around the world eh!
>
> Conclusions:
> 1. The speed of light in intergalactic-space is slowing down.
> 2. There was no "Big Bang"
> 3. There was no "Inflation"
> 4. The galaxies are not accelerating away from us.
> 5. There is no "Dark Energy"
> ********************************************************************
>
> **********************************************************************
> A GOOD QUESTION
>
> When light slows down by entering a more dense medium such as glass, or
> water, the frequency stays the same and the WAVELENGTH REDUCES.
>
> So how is it that when light slows down traveling across intergalactic
> space,the the WAVELENGTH INCREASES ?
>
> good question!
>
> when light slows down entering a more dense medium, the front of the
> wave train hits the more dense medium first. The front therefore slows
> before the rear of the wave train, resulting in the rear of the wave
> catching up to some extent with the front. Thus the wave train
> compresses and the WAVELENGTH REDUCES.
>
> When light slows down in intergalactic space, on the other hand, there
> is no difference in the conditions at the front or back of the wave
> train. At any one time the front and back are indeed traveling at the
> same speed, and therefore the length of the wave train stays constant as
> it travels through intergalactic space.
>
> So "How is it that the wavelength of light from distant galaxies is
> INCREASED ? " you might ask, and i would reply that it is NOT that light
> is stretched as it travels through intergalactic space, but rather that
> it was emitted with an increased wavelength, when the velocity of light
> was higher than it is now.
>
> The frequency generated by any given atomic transition, even on distant
> galaxies many billions of years ago, is exactly the same as that on
> Earth today. The wavelength is proportional the the velocity of light AT
> THE TIME IT WAS EMITTED, and This increased wavelength is faithfully
> transmitted through space, where it is measured in our observatories.
>
> keith stein

=====================
Hi Keith
my reply got lost I don't know why
so here it is again
your metaphor of train with sort of 'vegans
seems to me interesting
yet if so I have a question

if the speed of light is say
the maximum possible!
the each vagon '(idont remember the right term for that unit .)
so
if so it is the maximum possible velocity .
why
should those 'Vagons be able to inter collide between themselves
while the velocity of all of them is the same(maximum ??!!
if I am wrong with my assumptions
please correct
==
TIA
Y.Porat
==========
TIA
Y.POrat
p***@gmail.com
2018-04-18 11:17:38 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 11:19:29 PM UTC+3, Ovské Bezvýjimeènì wrote:
> Alan Folmsbee wrote:
>
> >> David A. Smith
> >
> > Hello David, my name is Alan the retired engineer. The experiments which
> > I hope your team would consider are described in this posting to
> > sci.physics.relativity. I assume you are an astronomer or explorer of
> > that vacuum. With a humble plea, here is an
>
> Hi Alan, nice to meet you. You guys, retired engineers, putted man on
> moon, those days. I am working on an arduino right now.
Loading...