A Third Of Millennials Aren't Sure The Earth Is Round, Survey Finds
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2018-04-06 22:33:26 UTC
A Third Of Millennials Aren't Sure The Earth Is Round, Survey Finds

CBS Pittsburgh
April 5, 2018

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/04/05/millennials-flat-earth-survey/

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
http://bit.do/jaimaharaj
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2018-04-06 22:43:02 UTC
Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> A Third Of Millennials Aren't Sure The Earth Is Round, Survey Finds
>
> CBS Pittsburgh
> April 5, 2018
>
> http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/04/05/millennials-flat-earth-survey/

Forwarded post:

[ A new survey has found that a third of young millennials in
[ the U.S. aren't convinced the Earth is actually round.

It's actually an oblate spheroid. It's not round:

"Strange but True: Earth Is Not Round"
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earth-is-not-round/

Posted by vladimir998

End of forwarded post.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/alt.fan.jai-maharaj
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2018-04-06 22:51:57 UTC
Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> > A Third Of Millennials Aren't Sure The Earth Is Round, Survey Finds
> >
> > CBS Pittsburgh
> > April 5, 2018
> >
> > http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/04/05/millennials-flat-earth-survey/
>
> Forwarded post:
>
> [ A new survey has found that a third of young millennials in
> [ the U.S. aren't convinced the Earth is actually round.
>
> It's actually an oblate spheroid. It's not round:
>
> "Strange but True: Earth Is Not Round"
> https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earth-is-not-round/
>
> Posted by vladimir998
>
> End of forwarded post.

Forwarded post:

Unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me in the least. In
some of my forays down the rabbit hole that is YouTube, I
have stumbled across a disturbing trend: More and more
videos that promote utterly ridiculous conspiracy theories,
such as "the Earth is flat", "we didn't go to the Moon",
"no one has ever gone to space", the oldie but goody 9/11
truther nuttery, and even claims that we are being lied to
about how aircraft fly.

The latter one is particularly face-palm inducing, since
its proponents are claiming everything from the notion that
commercial aircraft don't actually use combustion to fly,
but rather are powered by compressed air or secret "zero
point" energy, to the equally idiotic claim that commercial
aircraft aren't really flying as fast as we are told
because if you watch them you can see that they are going
really slow, and even almost hovering at times.

Of course, the aircraft speed conspiracy theory is just due
to parallax when viewing aircraft at a distance, and the
fact that commercial aircraft are much larger than these
idiots realize, which creates an illusion that they are
moving slower than they actually are. The specifics of
their nuttery aside, though, it is deeply disturbing to see
how many people comment on these videos and absolutely
believe the absurd. Then they begin to feed off each other
in the chat threads and descend deeper and deeper into
madness.

While I don't know any of the ages of these people, their
comments strongly suggest that most of them are
millennials. They know absolutely nothing about anything,
but are cocksure of their own intelligence and frankly,
superiority. Anything they don't understand is
automatically presumed to be a conspiracy by "them." And I
think this is the key: I believe most of these people are
making these ridiculous claims contrary to blatantly
obvious facts because to do so makes them feel important
and superior. I think Millennials know inside that they
don't have much in the way of real accomplishments, thanks
to being the "everyone gets a trophy" generation, so they
are subconsciously trying to contrive accomplishments via
their conspiracy theories. They're using this nonsense to
pretend that they know more than everyone else and have
discovered something new, therefore making them "special."

We should have seen this coming with the arrogance of the
9/11 truther movement, but now it is out of control. The
verse, "Believing themselves to be wise, they became fools"
comes instantly to mind. Nothing worse than someone who is
an idiot, but believes themselves to be a genius.

Posted by noiseman

End of forwarded post.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti