Discussion:
Jim Peninno's Dilemma: Confusing Partial Pressure with Vapor Pressure
(too old to reply)
James McGinn
2017-01-19 18:40:45 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 3:04:22 PM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 2:01:06 PM UTC-8, Jim Peninno wrote:

James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
All of the moisture in the atmosphere is liquid. Our planet is too cool to
support existence of gaseous H2O.

Jim Peninno:
Obviously, this is the crux of your misunderstanding, James.

Poor Dumb Sam:
He doesn't seem to understand the concept of partial pressure.

James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
Many are confused by this, not me.

Jim Peninno:
You mean the entire world has been confused for hundreds of years until you
alone received a blinding flash of insight?

James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
How many times have you responded with this kind of political and
scientifically non-substantive banter?

Jim Peninno:
Yes. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of partial pressure, where
the different gases in a mixture behave independently of each other. So
water is perfectly happy to be a gas at 20 C as long as its partial pressure
is less than 0.34 psi. If you try to increase the partial pressure of water
vapor above that. it will condense into liquid. Similarly, in a partial
vacuum, the boiling point of water at 0.34 psi is 20 C, not 100 C. The
boiling point of a liquid is when the partial pressure of the liquid (when
it's a gas) equals the total pressure.

James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
You appear to be using the concept of partial pressure interchangeably with
the concept of vapor pressure. But I'm not a mind reader. I can't figure
out your point. Sorry.

Jim Peninno:
If you didn't find the above, coherent, then I would suggest you start with
remedial English courses and a good dictionary.

James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
Well, then maybe you could explain how 0.34 PSI is relevant. Because I can't
figure it out.

Jim Peninno:
That is because you are a raving kook in dire need of the help of a mental
health professional and also illustrates you have the further delusion that
the subject of water and it's phases.

James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
Why come to a discussion group if you are unable to discuss?

Jim Peninno:
I'm here mostly for the k00kwatching, not to prove anything

James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
Don't get mad at me,

Jim Peninno:
The only one getting mad is you because your delusions are being challenged,
everyone else is laughing.

James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
Do you think if you actually had a dispute you wouldn't be so frustrated?

Jim Peninno:
Science isn't a dispute and what in the world would I be frustrated over as
your nonsense is quite comical.

James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
So, your mad because I don't believe what you believe?

Jim Peninno:
The only one mad is you because your delusions are being challenged with
facts, everyone else is laughing at your nonsense.

James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
Hmm. Well, it's hard for me to picture you laughing right now.

Jim Peninno:
You don't understand what the term boiling point means.

James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
Hmm. Maybe you can explain it to us. You can start by explaining what the
word "point" means to you. If nothing else I'm sure your response will be
very entertaining.

Jim Peninno:
Sure, I would be glad to enlighten you as to the definition of boiling
point.

The boiling point of a substance is the temperature at which the vapor
pressure of the liquid equals the pressure surrounding the liquid and the
liquid changes into a vapor.

James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
I don't see the words gas or gaseous in your definition.

Jim Peninno:
In physics, the word "vapor" means the same thing as "gas"; you are
displaying your lack of physics knowledge.

James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
Really? In physics? Tell me more.

Jim Peninno:
It is a result of being eductated and able to read a physics text.

James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
You also haven't provided any specific examples.

Jim Peninno:
If one understands the physics no specific example is required.

James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
Well, alrighty then . . .

Thank you for your participation.

James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes

Check this out:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16462
Claudius Denk
2017-01-20 16:40:32 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 10:40:47 AM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:

> Jim Peninno:
> You don't understand what the term boiling point means.
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> Hmm. Maybe you can explain it to us. You can start by explaining what the
> word "point" means to you. If nothing else I'm sure your response will be
> very entertaining.
>
> Jim Peninno:
> Sure, I would be glad to enlighten you as to the definition of boiling
> point.
>
> The boiling point of a substance is the temperature at which the vapor
> pressure of the liquid equals the pressure surrounding the liquid and the
> liquid changes into a vapor.
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> I don't see the words gas or gaseous in your definition.
>
> Jim Peninno:
> In physics, the word "vapor" means the same thing as "gas"; you are
> displaying your lack of physics knowledge.
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> Really? In physics? Tell me more.
>
> Jim Peninno:
> It is a result of being eductated and able to read a physics text.
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> You also haven't provided any specific examples.
>
> Jim Peninno:
> If one understands the physics no specific example is required.

OMG! This is surreal. I'm speechless.

The reason he doesn't have a argument or even a point is because he is
educated.

This is the world we live in, folks. The sad truth is that science is dictated
by a consensus of fools who genuinely believe that science is a faith based
system. Education should never be used as an excuse not to think--never.

CD
James McGinn
2017-01-21 03:34:58 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 8:40:35 AM UTC-8, Claudius Denk wrote:
> On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 10:40:47 AM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
>
> > Jim Peninno:
> > You don't understand what the term boiling point means.
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > Hmm. Maybe you can explain it to us. You can start by explaining what the
> > word "point" means to you. If nothing else I'm sure your response will be
> > very entertaining.
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > Sure, I would be glad to enlighten you as to the definition of boiling
> > point.
> >
> > The boiling point of a substance is the temperature at which the vapor
> > pressure of the liquid equals the pressure surrounding the liquid and the
> > liquid changes into a vapor.
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > I don't see the words gas or gaseous in your definition.
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > In physics, the word "vapor" means the same thing as "gas"; you are
> > displaying your lack of physics knowledge.
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > Really? In physics? Tell me more.
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > It is a result of being eductated and able to read a physics text.
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > You also haven't provided any specific examples.
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > If one understands the physics no specific example is required.
>
> OMG! This is surreal. I'm speechless.
>
> The reason he doesn't have a argument or even a point is because he is
> educated.
>
> This is the world we live in, folks. The sad truth is that science is dictated
> by a consensus of fools who genuinely believe that science is a faith based
> system. Education should never be used as an excuse not to think--never.
>
> CD

It's easier for a simple soul like Peninno to envision one person, myself,
being wrong than it is to envision all of human history being wrong.

I have not the slightest problem at all envisioning all of human history
being wrong.
Claudius Denk
2017-01-21 17:44:56 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 7:35:01 PM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
> On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 8:40:35 AM UTC-8, Claudius Denk wrote:
> > On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 10:40:47 AM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
> >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > You don't understand what the term boiling point means.
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > Hmm. Maybe you can explain it to us. You can start by explaining what the
> > > word "point" means to you. If nothing else I'm sure your response will be
> > > very entertaining.
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > Sure, I would be glad to enlighten you as to the definition of boiling
> > > point.
> > >
> > > The boiling point of a substance is the temperature at which the vapor
> > > pressure of the liquid equals the pressure surrounding the liquid and the
> > > liquid changes into a vapor.
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > I don't see the words gas or gaseous in your definition.
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > In physics, the word "vapor" means the same thing as "gas"; you are
> > > displaying your lack of physics knowledge.
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > Really? In physics? Tell me more.
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > It is a result of being eductated and able to read a physics text.
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > You also haven't provided any specific examples.
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > If one understands the physics no specific example is required.
> >
> > OMG! This is surreal. I'm speechless.
> >
> > The reason he doesn't have a argument or even a point is because he is
> > educated.
> >
> > This is the world we live in, folks. The sad truth is that science is dictated
> > by a consensus of fools who genuinely believe that science is a faith based
> > system. Education should never be used as an excuse not to think--never.
> >
> > CD
>
> It's easier for a simple soul like Peninno to envision one person, myself,
> being wrong than it is to envision all of human history being wrong.
>
> I have not the slightest problem at all envisioning all of human history
> being wrong.

Education is their rationale for blatant stupidity!

And they have no qualms admitting this in a public forum.
James McGinn
2017-01-21 21:36:10 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 9:44:59 AM UTC-8, Claudius Denk wrote:
> On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 7:35:01 PM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
> > On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 8:40:35 AM UTC-8, Claudius Denk wrote:
> > > On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 10:40:47 AM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
> > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > You don't understand what the term boiling point means.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > Hmm. Maybe you can explain it to us. You can start by explaining what the
> > > > word "point" means to you. If nothing else I'm sure your response will be
> > > > very entertaining.
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > Sure, I would be glad to enlighten you as to the definition of boiling
> > > > point.
> > > >
> > > > The boiling point of a substance is the temperature at which the vapor
> > > > pressure of the liquid equals the pressure surrounding the liquid and the
> > > > liquid changes into a vapor.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > I don't see the words gas or gaseous in your definition.
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > In physics, the word "vapor" means the same thing as "gas"; you are
> > > > displaying your lack of physics knowledge.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > Really? In physics? Tell me more.
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > It is a result of being eductated and able to read a physics text.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > You also haven't provided any specific examples.
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > If one understands the physics no specific example is required.
> > >
> > > OMG! This is surreal. I'm speechless.
> > >
> > > The reason he doesn't have a argument or even a point is because he is
> > > educated.
> > >
> > > This is the world we live in, folks. The sad truth is that science is dictated
> > > by a consensus of fools who genuinely believe that science is a faith based
> > > system. Education should never be used as an excuse not to think--never.
> > >
> > > CD
> >
> > It's easier for a simple soul like Peninno to envision one person, myself,
> > being wrong than it is to envision all of human history being wrong.
> >
> > I have not the slightest problem at all envisioning all of human history
> > being wrong.
>
> Education is their rationale for blatant stupidity!
>
> And they have no qualms admitting this in a public forum.

Church ladies have no problem martyring their own intellectual reputation in
order to maintain the sanctity of their dimwitted beliefs. Look at Ed. Do you really think he is dumb enough to believe that Dalton's Law is applicable to H2O Vapor (H2O[l]? Of course not (Chan too). Dalton's Law is just his way to obscure the issue so that his sense of certainty is restored.

Facts are irrelevant to true believers.

James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes

Meteorology is a Cargo Cult Science
http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16594#p117169
Claudius Denk
2017-01-22 21:21:50 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 1:36:12 PM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:

> Church ladies have no problem martyring their own intellectual reputation in
> order to maintain the sanctity of their dimwitted beliefs. Look at Ed. Do you
really think he is dumb enough to believe that Dalton's Law is applicable to H2O
Vapor (H2O[l]? Of course not (Chan too). Dalton's Law is just his way to obscure the
issue so that his sense of certainty is restored.
>
> Facts are irrelevant to true believers.
>
> James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes
>
> Meteorology is a Cargo Cult Science
> http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16594#p117169

Have you notices how often these pretenders will refer to their own education as
evidence that substantiates their beliefs?
James McGinn
2017-01-23 00:22:42 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 1:21:57 PM UTC-8, Claudius Denk wrote:
> On Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 1:36:12 PM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
>
> > Church ladies have no problem martyring their own intellectual reputation in
> > order to maintain the sanctity of their dimwitted beliefs. Look at Ed. Do you
> really think he is dumb enough to believe that Dalton's Law is applicable to H2O
> Vapor (H2O[l]? Of course not (Chan too). Dalton's Law is just his way to obscure the
> issue so that his sense of certainty is restored.
> >
> > Facts are irrelevant to true believers.
> >
> > James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes
> >
> > Meteorology is a Cargo Cult Science
> > http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16594#p117169
>
> Have you notices how often these pretenders will refer to their own education as
> evidence that substantiates their beliefs?

I think the reason science gave up trying to make this distinction is because of the plethora of nitwits who are intellectually incapable of maintaining a distinction that they can't see.
noTthaTguY
2017-01-23 01:40:53 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
there isn't any difference, since the latter only depends
upon hte presence of some liquid surface;
it's just part of what makes-up the partial pressure of water,
on a planet covered ~three quarters by water.

you are just a snotty man. myself, I have no degree, but
I do have dyscoveries in geometry -- which is a quarter
of *mathematica* -- for which I am certainly famous, iff
you take a breather from your trolling to investigate.

it is quite plain, that you have not bothered to learn any
of the elements of ideal gas theory -- may be nothing else,
either, although your English is just fine.

> I think the reason science gave up trying to make this distinction is because of the plethora of nitwits who are intellectually incapable of maintaining a distinction that they can't see.
noTthaTguY
2017-01-23 01:49:59 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
all that you have to do, is to show that
tempreature of boiling is strictly dependent upon airpressure,
hence altitude and partial pressure of the liquid in air.

tons of g00d texts will do that, if you can read,
and not type for a while

if you can prefine your terms a little,
you will be able to do it, then
James McGinn
2017-01-23 02:44:57 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 5:50:02 PM UTC-8, noTthaTguY wrote:

> tons of g00d texts will do that,

Maybe someday, somebody, somewhere, possibly somebody on a different planet will find it.

Until then its just spiritualism.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
James McGinn
2017-01-23 02:39:51 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 5:40:56 PM UTC-8, noTthaTguY wrote:

it is quite plain, that you have not bothered to learn

So, you think you are smarter than me?
noTthaTguY
2017-01-23 03:19:41 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
how did you concieve that boiling is inependent of atmospheres
of pressure?

> So, you think you are smarter than me?
Claudius Denk
2017-01-23 05:15:55 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 7:19:46 PM UTC-8, noTthaTguY wrote:
> how did you concieve that boiling is inependent of atmospheres
> of pressure?

Leave me out of your imagination.

>
> > So, you think you are smarter than me?
James McGinn
2017-01-30 15:53:09 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 9:15:57 PM UTC-8, Claudius Denk wrote:
> On Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 7:19:46 PM UTC-8, noTthaTguY wrote:
> > how did you concieve that boiling is inependent of atmospheres
> > of pressure?
>
> Leave me out of your imagination.
>
> >
> > > So, you think you are smarter than me?
James McGinn
2017-04-30 02:37:52 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 10:40:47 AM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
> On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 3:04:22 PM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
> On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 2:01:06 PM UTC-8, Jim Peninno wrote:
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> All of the moisture in the atmosphere is liquid. Our planet is too cool to
> support existence of gaseous H2O.
>
> Jim Peninno:
> Obviously, this is the crux of your misunderstanding, James.
>
> Poor Dumb Sam:
> He doesn't seem to understand the concept of partial pressure.
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> Many are confused by this, not me.
>
> Jim Peninno:
> You mean the entire world has been confused for hundreds of years until you
> alone received a blinding flash of insight?
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> How many times have you responded with this kind of political and
> scientifically non-substantive banter?
>
> Jim Peninno:
> Yes. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of partial pressure, where
> the different gases in a mixture behave independently of each other. So
> water is perfectly happy to be a gas at 20 C as long as its partial pressure
> is less than 0.34 psi. If you try to increase the partial pressure of water
> vapor above that. it will condense into liquid. Similarly, in a partial
> vacuum, the boiling point of water at 0.34 psi is 20 C, not 100 C. The
> boiling point of a liquid is when the partial pressure of the liquid (when
> it's a gas) equals the total pressure.
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> You appear to be using the concept of partial pressure interchangeably with
> the concept of vapor pressure. But I'm not a mind reader. I can't figure
> out your point. Sorry.
>
> Jim Peninno:
> If you didn't find the above, coherent, then I would suggest you start with
> remedial English courses and a good dictionary.
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> Well, then maybe you could explain how 0.34 PSI is relevant. Because I can't
> figure it out.
>
> Jim Peninno:
> That is because you are a raving kook in dire need of the help of a mental
> health professional and also illustrates you have the further delusion that
> the subject of water and it's phases.
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> Why come to a discussion group if you are unable to discuss?
>
> Jim Peninno:
> I'm here mostly for the k00kwatching, not to prove anything
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> Don't get mad at me,
>
> Jim Peninno:
> The only one getting mad is you because your delusions are being challenged,
> everyone else is laughing.
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> Do you think if you actually had a dispute you wouldn't be so frustrated?
>
> Jim Peninno:
> Science isn't a dispute and what in the world would I be frustrated over as
> your nonsense is quite comical.
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> So, your mad because I don't believe what you believe?
>
> Jim Peninno:
> The only one mad is you because your delusions are being challenged with
> facts, everyone else is laughing at your nonsense.
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> Hmm. Well, it's hard for me to picture you laughing right now.
>
> Jim Peninno:
> You don't understand what the term boiling point means.
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> Hmm. Maybe you can explain it to us. You can start by explaining what the
> word "point" means to you. If nothing else I'm sure your response will be
> very entertaining.
>
> Jim Peninno:
> Sure, I would be glad to enlighten you as to the definition of boiling
> point.
>
> The boiling point of a substance is the temperature at which the vapor
> pressure of the liquid equals the pressure surrounding the liquid and the
> liquid changes into a vapor.
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> I don't see the words gas or gaseous in your definition.
>
> Jim Peninno:
> In physics, the word "vapor" means the same thing as "gas"; you are
> displaying your lack of physics knowledge.
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> Really? In physics? Tell me more.
>
> Jim Peninno:
> It is a result of being eductated and able to read a physics text.
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> You also haven't provided any specific examples.
>
> Jim Peninno:
> If one understands the physics no specific example is required.
>
> James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> Well, alrighty then . . .
>
> Thank you for your participation.
>
> James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes
>
> Check this out:
> http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16462
James McGinn
2017-05-30 01:09:56 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 7:37:56 PM UTC-7, James McGinn wrote:
> On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 10:40:47 AM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
> > On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 3:04:22 PM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
> > On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 2:01:06 PM UTC-8, Jim Peninno wrote:
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > All of the moisture in the atmosphere is liquid. Our planet is too cool to
> > support existence of gaseous H2O.
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > Obviously, this is the crux of your misunderstanding, James.
> >
> > Poor Dumb Sam:
> > He doesn't seem to understand the concept of partial pressure.
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > Many are confused by this, not me.
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > You mean the entire world has been confused for hundreds of years until you
> > alone received a blinding flash of insight?
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > How many times have you responded with this kind of political and
> > scientifically non-substantive banter?
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > Yes. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of partial pressure, where
> > the different gases in a mixture behave independently of each other. So
> > water is perfectly happy to be a gas at 20 C as long as its partial pressure
> > is less than 0.34 psi. If you try to increase the partial pressure of water
> > vapor above that. it will condense into liquid. Similarly, in a partial
> > vacuum, the boiling point of water at 0.34 psi is 20 C, not 100 C. The
> > boiling point of a liquid is when the partial pressure of the liquid (when
> > it's a gas) equals the total pressure.
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > You appear to be using the concept of partial pressure interchangeably with
> > the concept of vapor pressure. But I'm not a mind reader. I can't figure
> > out your point. Sorry.
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > If you didn't find the above, coherent, then I would suggest you start with
> > remedial English courses and a good dictionary.
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > Well, then maybe you could explain how 0.34 PSI is relevant. Because I can't
> > figure it out.
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > That is because you are a raving kook in dire need of the help of a mental
> > health professional and also illustrates you have the further delusion that
> > the subject of water and it's phases.
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > Why come to a discussion group if you are unable to discuss?
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > I'm here mostly for the k00kwatching, not to prove anything
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > Don't get mad at me,
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > The only one getting mad is you because your delusions are being challenged,
> > everyone else is laughing.
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > Do you think if you actually had a dispute you wouldn't be so frustrated?
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > Science isn't a dispute and what in the world would I be frustrated over as
> > your nonsense is quite comical.
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > So, your mad because I don't believe what you believe?
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > The only one mad is you because your delusions are being challenged with
> > facts, everyone else is laughing at your nonsense.
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > Hmm. Well, it's hard for me to picture you laughing right now.
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > You don't understand what the term boiling point means.
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > Hmm. Maybe you can explain it to us. You can start by explaining what the
> > word "point" means to you. If nothing else I'm sure your response will be
> > very entertaining.
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > Sure, I would be glad to enlighten you as to the definition of boiling
> > point.
> >
> > The boiling point of a substance is the temperature at which the vapor
> > pressure of the liquid equals the pressure surrounding the liquid and the
> > liquid changes into a vapor.
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > I don't see the words gas or gaseous in your definition.
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > In physics, the word "vapor" means the same thing as "gas"; you are
> > displaying your lack of physics knowledge.
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > Really? In physics? Tell me more.
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > It is a result of being eductated and able to read a physics text.
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > You also haven't provided any specific examples.
> >
> > Jim Peninno:
> > If one understands the physics no specific example is required.
> >
> > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > Well, alrighty then . . .
> >
> > Thank you for your participation.
> >
> > James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes
> >
> > Check this out:
> > http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16462
James McGinn
2017-06-22 17:50:47 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 6:09:58 PM UTC-7, James McGinn wrote:
> On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 7:37:56 PM UTC-7, James McGinn wrote:
> > On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 10:40:47 AM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
> > > On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 3:04:22 PM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
> > > On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 2:01:06 PM UTC-8, Jim Peninno wrote:
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > All of the moisture in the atmosphere is liquid. Our planet is too cool to
> > > support existence of gaseous H2O.
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > Obviously, this is the crux of your misunderstanding, James.
> > >
> > > Poor Dumb Sam:
> > > He doesn't seem to understand the concept of partial pressure.
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > Many are confused by this, not me.
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > You mean the entire world has been confused for hundreds of years until you
> > > alone received a blinding flash of insight?
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > How many times have you responded with this kind of political and
> > > scientifically non-substantive banter?
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > Yes. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of partial pressure, where
> > > the different gases in a mixture behave independently of each other. So
> > > water is perfectly happy to be a gas at 20 C as long as its partial pressure
> > > is less than 0.34 psi. If you try to increase the partial pressure of water
> > > vapor above that. it will condense into liquid. Similarly, in a partial
> > > vacuum, the boiling point of water at 0.34 psi is 20 C, not 100 C. The
> > > boiling point of a liquid is when the partial pressure of the liquid (when
> > > it's a gas) equals the total pressure.
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > You appear to be using the concept of partial pressure interchangeably with
> > > the concept of vapor pressure. But I'm not a mind reader. I can't figure
> > > out your point. Sorry.
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > If you didn't find the above, coherent, then I would suggest you start with
> > > remedial English courses and a good dictionary.
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > Well, then maybe you could explain how 0.34 PSI is relevant. Because I can't
> > > figure it out.
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > That is because you are a raving kook in dire need of the help of a mental
> > > health professional and also illustrates you have the further delusion that
> > > the subject of water and it's phases.
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > Why come to a discussion group if you are unable to discuss?
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > I'm here mostly for the k00kwatching, not to prove anything
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > Don't get mad at me,
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > The only one getting mad is you because your delusions are being challenged,
> > > everyone else is laughing.
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > Do you think if you actually had a dispute you wouldn't be so frustrated?
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > Science isn't a dispute and what in the world would I be frustrated over as
> > > your nonsense is quite comical.
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > So, your mad because I don't believe what you believe?
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > The only one mad is you because your delusions are being challenged with
> > > facts, everyone else is laughing at your nonsense.
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > Hmm. Well, it's hard for me to picture you laughing right now.
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > You don't understand what the term boiling point means.
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > Hmm. Maybe you can explain it to us. You can start by explaining what the
> > > word "point" means to you. If nothing else I'm sure your response will be
> > > very entertaining.
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > Sure, I would be glad to enlighten you as to the definition of boiling
> > > point.
> > >
> > > The boiling point of a substance is the temperature at which the vapor
> > > pressure of the liquid equals the pressure surrounding the liquid and the
> > > liquid changes into a vapor.
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > I don't see the words gas or gaseous in your definition.
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > In physics, the word "vapor" means the same thing as "gas"; you are
> > > displaying your lack of physics knowledge.
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > Really? In physics? Tell me more.
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > It is a result of being eductated and able to read a physics text.
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > You also haven't provided any specific examples.
> > >
> > > Jim Peninno:
> > > If one understands the physics no specific example is required.
> > >
> > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > Well, alrighty then . . .
> > >
> > > Thank you for your participation.
> > >
> > > James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes
> > >
> > > Check this out:
> > > http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16462
James McGinn
2018-02-15 20:09:36 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 10:50:53 AM UTC-7, James McGinn wrote:
> On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 6:09:58 PM UTC-7, James McGinn wrote:
> > On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 7:37:56 PM UTC-7, James McGinn wrote:
> > > On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 10:40:47 AM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
> > > > On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 3:04:22 PM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
> > > > On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 2:01:06 PM UTC-8, Jim Peninno wrote:
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > All of the moisture in the atmosphere is liquid. Our planet is too cool to
> > > > support existence of gaseous H2O.
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > Obviously, this is the crux of your misunderstanding, James.
> > > >
> > > > Poor Dumb Sam:
> > > > He doesn't seem to understand the concept of partial pressure.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > Many are confused by this, not me.
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > You mean the entire world has been confused for hundreds of years until you
> > > > alone received a blinding flash of insight?
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > How many times have you responded with this kind of political and
> > > > scientifically non-substantive banter?
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > Yes. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of partial pressure, where
> > > > the different gases in a mixture behave independently of each other. So
> > > > water is perfectly happy to be a gas at 20 C as long as its partial pressure
> > > > is less than 0.34 psi. If you try to increase the partial pressure of water
> > > > vapor above that. it will condense into liquid. Similarly, in a partial
> > > > vacuum, the boiling point of water at 0.34 psi is 20 C, not 100 C. The
> > > > boiling point of a liquid is when the partial pressure of the liquid (when
> > > > it's a gas) equals the total pressure.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > You appear to be using the concept of partial pressure interchangeably with
> > > > the concept of vapor pressure. But I'm not a mind reader. I can't figure
> > > > out your point. Sorry.
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > If you didn't find the above, coherent, then I would suggest you start with
> > > > remedial English courses and a good dictionary.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > Well, then maybe you could explain how 0.34 PSI is relevant. Because I can't
> > > > figure it out.
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > That is because you are a raving kook in dire need of the help of a mental
> > > > health professional and also illustrates you have the further delusion that
> > > > the subject of water and it's phases.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > Why come to a discussion group if you are unable to discuss?
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > I'm here mostly for the k00kwatching, not to prove anything
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > Don't get mad at me,
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > The only one getting mad is you because your delusions are being challenged,
> > > > everyone else is laughing.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > Do you think if you actually had a dispute you wouldn't be so frustrated?
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > Science isn't a dispute and what in the world would I be frustrated over as
> > > > your nonsense is quite comical.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > So, your mad because I don't believe what you believe?
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > The only one mad is you because your delusions are being challenged with
> > > > facts, everyone else is laughing at your nonsense.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > Hmm. Well, it's hard for me to picture you laughing right now.
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > You don't understand what the term boiling point means.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > Hmm. Maybe you can explain it to us. You can start by explaining what the
> > > > word "point" means to you. If nothing else I'm sure your response will be
> > > > very entertaining.
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > Sure, I would be glad to enlighten you as to the definition of boiling
> > > > point.
> > > >
> > > > The boiling point of a substance is the temperature at which the vapor
> > > > pressure of the liquid equals the pressure surrounding the liquid and the
> > > > liquid changes into a vapor.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > I don't see the words gas or gaseous in your definition.
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > In physics, the word "vapor" means the same thing as "gas"; you are
> > > > displaying your lack of physics knowledge.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > Really? In physics? Tell me more.
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > It is a result of being eductated and able to read a physics text.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > You also haven't provided any specific examples.
> > > >
> > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > If one understands the physics no specific example is required.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > Well, alrighty then . . .
> > > >
> > > > Thank you for your participation.
> > > >
> > > > James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes
> > > >
> > > > Check this out:
> > > > http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16462
James McGinn
2018-03-12 23:20:43 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 12:09:40 PM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
> On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 10:50:53 AM UTC-7, James McGinn wrote:
> > On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 6:09:58 PM UTC-7, James McGinn wrote:
> > > On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 7:37:56 PM UTC-7, James McGinn wrote:
> > > > On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 10:40:47 AM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
> > > > > On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 3:04:22 PM UTC-8, James McGinn wrote:
> > > > > On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 2:01:06 PM UTC-8, Jim Peninno wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > > All of the moisture in the atmosphere is liquid. Our planet is too cool to
> > > > > support existence of gaseous H2O.
> > > > >
> > > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > > Obviously, this is the crux of your misunderstanding, James.
> > > > >
> > > > > Poor Dumb Sam:
> > > > > He doesn't seem to understand the concept of partial pressure.
> > > > >
> > > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > > Many are confused by this, not me.
> > > > >
> > > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > > You mean the entire world has been confused for hundreds of years until you
> > > > > alone received a blinding flash of insight?
> > > > >
> > > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > > How many times have you responded with this kind of political and
> > > > > scientifically non-substantive banter?
> > > > >
> > > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > > Yes. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of partial pressure, where
> > > > > the different gases in a mixture behave independently of each other. So
> > > > > water is perfectly happy to be a gas at 20 C as long as its partial pressure
> > > > > is less than 0.34 psi. If you try to increase the partial pressure of water
> > > > > vapor above that. it will condense into liquid. Similarly, in a partial
> > > > > vacuum, the boiling point of water at 0.34 psi is 20 C, not 100 C. The
> > > > > boiling point of a liquid is when the partial pressure of the liquid (when
> > > > > it's a gas) equals the total pressure.
> > > > >
> > > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > > You appear to be using the concept of partial pressure interchangeably with
> > > > > the concept of vapor pressure. But I'm not a mind reader. I can't figure
> > > > > out your point. Sorry.
> > > > >
> > > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > > If you didn't find the above, coherent, then I would suggest you start with
> > > > > remedial English courses and a good dictionary.
> > > > >
> > > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > > Well, then maybe you could explain how 0.34 PSI is relevant. Because I can't
> > > > > figure it out.
> > > > >
> > > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > > That is because you are a raving kook in dire need of the help of a mental
> > > > > health professional and also illustrates you have the further delusion that
> > > > > the subject of water and it's phases.
> > > > >
> > > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > > Why come to a discussion group if you are unable to discuss?
> > > > >
> > > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > > I'm here mostly for the k00kwatching, not to prove anything
> > > > >
> > > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > > Don't get mad at me,
> > > > >
> > > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > > The only one getting mad is you because your delusions are being challenged,
> > > > > everyone else is laughing.
> > > > >
> > > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > > Do you think if you actually had a dispute you wouldn't be so frustrated?
> > > > >
> > > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > > Science isn't a dispute and what in the world would I be frustrated over as
> > > > > your nonsense is quite comical.
> > > > >
> > > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > > So, your mad because I don't believe what you believe?
> > > > >
> > > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > > The only one mad is you because your delusions are being challenged with
> > > > > facts, everyone else is laughing at your nonsense.
> > > > >
> > > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > > Hmm. Well, it's hard for me to picture you laughing right now.
> > > > >
> > > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > > You don't understand what the term boiling point means.
> > > > >
> > > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > > Hmm. Maybe you can explain it to us. You can start by explaining what the
> > > > > word "point" means to you. If nothing else I'm sure your response will be
> > > > > very entertaining.
> > > > >
> > > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > > Sure, I would be glad to enlighten you as to the definition of boiling
> > > > > point.
> > > > >
> > > > > The boiling point of a substance is the temperature at which the vapor
> > > > > pressure of the liquid equals the pressure surrounding the liquid and the
> > > > > liquid changes into a vapor.
> > > > >
> > > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > > I don't see the words gas or gaseous in your definition.
> > > > >
> > > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > > In physics, the word "vapor" means the same thing as "gas"; you are
> > > > > displaying your lack of physics knowledge.
> > > > >
> > > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > > Really? In physics? Tell me more.
> > > > >
> > > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > > It is a result of being eductated and able to read a physics text.
> > > > >
> > > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > > You also haven't provided any specific examples.
> > > > >
> > > > > Jim Peninno:
> > > > > If one understands the physics no specific example is required.
> > > > >
> > > > > James McGinn of Solving Tornadoes:
> > > > > Well, alrighty then . . .
> > > > >
> > > > > Thank you for your participation.
> > > > >
> > > > > James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes
> > > > >
> > > > > Check this out:
> > > > > http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16462
Loading...