Satyarth Prakash
Serg io
2018-02-07 16:47:53 UTC
anyone familiar with this book ? Satyarth Prakash?
benj
2018-02-07 18:23:31 UTC
Post by Serg io
Satyarth Prakash
Obviously Banjo probably knows it by heart. He knows all Indian kook
books so how could he miss the "Luther of India", namely, Maharshi Swami
Dayanand Saraswati?
Arindam Banerjee
2018-02-11 09:57:29 UTC
Post by benj
Post by Serg io
Satyarth Prakash
Means "Expression of the worth of Truth"
Post by benj
Obviously Banjo probably knows it by heart.
Wrong as always, bokachoda benj-ji. I am not an Arya Samaji. I was familiar with Das Kapital and the Bible and the Bhagavada Gita, in the days of my youth.
Post by benj
He knows all Indian kook
books so how could he miss the "Luther of India", namely, Maharshi Swami
Dayanand Saraswati?
Dumbfuck benj-ji, DS was from North India. Hindu revivalism in Bengal (which is in East India) started with Swami Ramakrishna. I was familiar with his statements and anecdotes, from an early age.

Because of the influence of Swami Ramakrishna, the "modern" tendencies of the upper-class Bengali youth got arrested, for they got an absolutely direct impression of divinity from the presence of Swami Ramakrishna. Religious feeling thus once again took root. One outcome is the unmatched classical singing of Dilip Kumar Roy as in:

benj
2018-02-11 13:25:08 UTC
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by benj
He knows all Indian kook
books so how could he miss the "Luther of India", namely, Maharshi Swami
Dayanand Saraswati?
Dumbfuck benj-ji, DS was from North India. Hindu revivalism in Bengal (which is in East India) started with Swami Ramakrishna. I was familiar with his statements and anecdotes, from an early age.
http://youtu.be/p3Y-3fZPlPY
Hey, I like the drums. The "song" not so much. It's already pretty clear
from you that being given "high honors" in India doesn't mean much.
Anyway, he's dead and already back here as a cow!

I really don't get you and Looperji who think that somehow life is all
about song lyrics. No wonder the two of you are so lost.
Libor 'Poutnik' Stříž
2018-02-11 13:54:03 UTC
Post by benj
I really don't get you and Looperji who think that somehow life is all
about song lyrics. No wonder the two of you are so lost.
There is a quote from a famous American writer Nicholas Sparks:

“Life, he realized, was much like a song.
In the beginning there is mystery,
in the end there is confirmation,
but it's in the middle
where all the emotion resides
to make the whole thing worthwhile.”

When I was reading it in his book first,
I realized it is like a "to be quote" stuff.
I noticed later that it is really frequently quoted.
--
Poutnik ( The Pilgrim, Der Wanderer )

A wise man guards words he says,
as they say about him more,
than he says about the subject.
benj
2018-02-12 23:05:10 UTC
Post by Libor 'Poutnik' Stříž
Post by benj
I really don't get you and Looperji who think that somehow life is all
about song lyrics. No wonder the two of you are so lost.
“Life, he realized, was much like a song.
In the beginning there is mystery,
in the end there is confirmation,
but it's in the middle
where all the emotion resides
to make the whole thing worthwhile.”
When I was reading it in his book first,
I realized it is like a "to be quote" stuff.
I noticed later that it is really frequently quoted.
Pooter, are you as nuts as everyone else here? Do you actually think
that some writer of potboiler romance novels,
who could never hold any other job including waiting tables, somehow
knows more about the meaning of life that I do? The quality of novels
(even romance novels), like science is never judged by some democratic
vote. Crap is often popular (view TV for examples). Cripes! American
romance novels are the same level of crap that Bollywood cranks out. Are
your lives really so insignificant and dull that you need this kind of
trash to try to slap some kind of "meaning" in them?
Libor 'Poutnik' Stříž
2018-02-13 06:12:49 UTC
Post by Libor 'Poutnik' Stříž
Post by benj
I really don't get you and Looperji who think that somehow life is all
about song lyrics. No wonder the two of you are so lost.
“Life, he realized, was much like a song.
In the beginning there is mystery,
in the end there is confirmation,
but it's in the middle
where all the emotion resides
to make the whole thing worthwhile.”
When I was reading it in his book first,
I realized it is like a "to be quote" stuff.
I noticed later that it is really frequently quoted.
Pooter, are you as nuts as everyone else here? [...]
Dear Scooter, I have not expected different answer.

Libor 'Poutnik' Stříž
2018-02-13 06:21:12 UTC
Post by benj
Pooter, are you as nuts as everyone else here? Do you actually think
that some writer of potboiler romance novels,
 who could never hold any other job including waiting tables, somehow
knows more about the meaning of life that I do? The quality of novels
(even romance novels), like science is never judged by some democratic
vote. Crap is often popular (view TV for examples). Cripes! American
romance novels are the same level of crap that Bollywood cranks out. Are
your lives really so insignificant and dull that you need this kind of
trash to try to slap some kind of "meaning" in them?
Insulting others is much easier than learning.
If you rather focused on improvement of your knowledge.

benj
2018-02-13 06:32:29 UTC
Post by Libor 'Poutnik' Stříž
Post by benj
Pooter, are you as nuts as everyone else here? Do you actually think
that some writer of potboiler romance novels,
 who could never hold any other job including waiting tables, somehow
knows more about the meaning of life that I do? The quality of novels
(even romance novels), like science is never judged by some democratic
vote. Crap is often popular (view TV for examples). Cripes! American
romance novels are the same level of crap that Bollywood cranks out. Are
your lives really so insignificant and dull that you need this kind of
trash to try to slap some kind of "meaning" in them?
Insulting others is much easier than learning.
If you rather focused on improvement of your knowledge.
it is the constant improvement of my knowledge hat allows me to reject
the musings of some writer of romance novels. Looks to me like your
taste could use some improvement as well.
Arindam Banerjee
2018-02-13 12:23:58 UTC
What are the cultural standards lower than those of the bokachoda benj?
benj
2018-02-13 18:45:02 UTC
Post by Arindam Banerjee
What are the cultural standards lower than those of the bokachoda benj?
Those are obviously those in India and other shitholes.

What kind of cultural standards drink your own urine or worse chase cows
around to try to catch their urine to drink it! Oh my!
Arindam Banerjee
2018-02-13 22:47:23 UTC
Post by benj
Post by Arindam Banerjee
What are the cultural standards lower than those of the bokachoda benj?
Those are obviously those in India and other shitholes.
No, their cultural standards are far, far superior, for their standards are based upon absolute truth. They despise the e=mcc liars and frauds like benj, and whatever the horrid benjoids present as cultural standards.
Those were the creatures in the pay of the benjoids. Morarji Desai the famous piss drinker was a CIA agent of renown, fully in the US pocket. His job was to make Indians look bad to the rest of the world. Morarji Desai did not represent any cultural standards of India. He was only a politician. When Indira Gandhi replaced him, every single glass in the PM establishment was broken. Well, that way she was somewhat superior about representing Indian cultural standards, even though she was only a politician.
Mahipal
2018-02-11 20:06:20 UTC
Post by benj
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by benj
[...]
What are you doing these days, taking advanced classes at TrumpET U.?

BenjJi, the reincarnation path involves living and dying as all forms
of life, not just cows. You already know this, right?
Post by benj
I really don't get you and Looperji who think that somehow life is all
about song lyrics. No wonder the two of you are so lost.
Hey hey HEY... I'm right right here BenjJi, minding my own business.
Just reading how discussions evolve in the NG without me interacting
with my considerable wealth of life's experiences.

And no, not all poetry ends up as song lyrics. And vice versa.

-- Mahipal “IPMM... माहिपाल ७६३८: Poet Pla(y)ing Tennis! Grasshopper Mode...”
Enjo(y)... Salute… Cheers... Open your M I N D… Time it is Is IS 3PM somePlace.
benj
2018-02-13 02:02:40 UTC
Post by Mahipal
Post by benj
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by benj
[...]
Hey, you've probably noticed that America is almost great again!
Post by Mahipal
BenjJi, the reincarnation path involves living and dying as all forms
of life, not just cows. You already know this, right?
sure I know that, but i also know that humans do not reincarnate as
cows. Entities that reincarnate as cow are from a different life stream
and their short lives as food more humans is to help work off their
Karma for previous sins of killing life on their planet. I'm not
permitted to say more.
Post by Mahipal
Post by benj
I really don't get you and Looperji who think that somehow life is all
about song lyrics. No wonder the two of you are so lost.
Hey hey HEY... I'm right right here BenjJi, minding my own business.
Just reading how discussions evolve in the NG without me interacting
with my considerable wealth of life's experiences.
Shouldn't you be minding someone ELSE'S business? I take it that means
you haven't found a job yet! Well this nutjob NG without YOU is OUR loss!
And not all songs are good nor all poetry for that matter...
Arindam Banerjee
2018-02-11 22:24:09 UTC
Post by benj
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by benj
He knows all Indian kook
books so how could he miss the "Luther of India", namely, Maharshi Swami
Dayanand Saraswati?
Dumbfuck benj-ji, DS was from North India. Hindu revivalism in Bengal (which is in East India) started with Swami Ramakrishna. I was familiar with his statements and anecdotes, from an early age.
http://youtu.be/p3Y-3fZPlPY
Hey, I like the drums. The "song" not so much. It's already pretty clear
from you that being given "high honors" in India doesn't mean much.
Anyway, he's dead and already back here as a cow!
No, bokachoda benj. It is the cow-eaters who - if really vicious and BAD in their lives - who return as cows and as beef are devoured by their offsprings, via MacDonald burgers, etc.

Great spirits do not come back as low life forms. They merge with the Divine, and become one with their chosen God or Goddess. On the other hand, They may choose, out of pure love, to remain individual as the Guru and thus guide their devotees.

When you give up your lies, threats, frauds, etc. benj, and benjonee to the Great and the Good, then you chances of not being a cow in your next life will improve considerably. Denounce the e=mcc bullshit, and then liberation for you will be at least a glimmer.

Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee
Lofty Goat
2018-02-10 22:41:22 UTC
Post by Serg io
anyone familiar with this book ? Satyarth Prakash?
What is it? A new Veda? I've known people with those words as names,
but don't know if either is a common noun or what it might mean.

(My maternal grandfather's middle name was "King". It's a common enough
occurrence in many languages.)
Goat
Arindam Banerjee
2018-02-11 09:49:22 UTC
Post by Serg io
anyone familiar with this book ? Satyarth Prakash?
Written by Dayanand Saraswati, founder of the Arya Samaj in North India, in the 19th century. Arya Samaj runs schools supportive of Hinduism, as opposed to the schools run by the Catholics. They are known as DAV schools, (Dayanand Anglo-Vedic).

I have not read Satyarth Prakash, for I was taught by Jesuits. Instead of that book we read literature based upon the New Testament, and we had Moral Science as a subject right from Std 2 to Std 9 (maybe Std 10, cannot remember).

From reviews by others, Satyarth Prakash is a hatchet job on Christian dogma, as a first step to Hindu revivalism.

Strangely, the Jesuits never taught us Christian dogma, and I had no idea about it. I got some inkling about it, when I talked with two USA professors in 1987 at a eating-place in Santa Clara. Then in early 1990, two Jehovah's Witnesses explained Christian dogma to us, at length. We still did not understand. Some friends of my wife were fundamentalist Christians (who did not like JW incidentally) and they in their subtle efforts to convert us provided many aspects of the Christian dogma.

Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee
Se rgio
2018-02-11 16:13:21 UTC
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by Serg io
anyone familiar with this book ? Satyarth Prakash?
Written by Dayanand Saraswati, founder of the Arya Samaj in North India, in the 19th century. Arya Samaj runs schools supportive of Hinduism, as opposed to the schools run by the Catholics. They are known as DAV schools, (Dayanand Anglo-Vedic).
I have not read Satyarth Prakash, for I was taught by Jesuits. Instead of that book we read literature based upon the New Testament, and we had Moral Science as a subject right from Std 2 to Std 9 (maybe Std 10, cannot remember).
From reviews by others, Satyarth Prakash is a hatchet job on Christian dogma, as a first step to Hindu revivalism.
Strangely, the Jesuits never taught us Christian dogma, and I had no idea about it. I got some inkling about it, when I talked with two USA professors in 1987 at a eating-place in Santa Clara. Then in early 1990, two Jehovah's Witnesses explained Christian dogma to us, at length. We still did not understand. Some friends of my wife were fundamentalist Christians (who did not like JW incidentally) and they in their subtle efforts to convert us provided many aspects of the Christian dogma.
Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee
yes, I read it, very interesting and the latter 1/4 of the book does a
chop job on other religions at the time. It is like a snapshot of india
in early times 1880's

I also read the Koran, Kojiki, littleREDbook, many others, just to get
an idea of the religions, beliefs, got most of the books at garage sales
for cheap. and that chinese budist I borrowed from that hotel room in
California

a lot of books are on eBay very cheap now, like $3 even the sciences
and physics books, that cost $200 new 15 years ago are $5 to $15 now,
amazon too. Amazing deals
Arindam Banerjee
2018-02-11 22:35:05 UTC
Post by Se rgio
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by Serg io
anyone familiar with this book ? Satyarth Prakash?
Written by Dayanand Saraswati, founder of the Arya Samaj in North India, in the 19th century. Arya Samaj runs schools supportive of Hinduism, as opposed to the schools run by the Catholics. They are known as DAV schools, (Dayanand Anglo-Vedic).
I have not read Satyarth Prakash, for I was taught by Jesuits. Instead of that book we read literature based upon the New Testament, and we had Moral Science as a subject right from Std 2 to Std 9 (maybe Std 10, cannot remember).
From reviews by others, Satyarth Prakash is a hatchet job on Christian dogma, as a first step to Hindu revivalism.
[...]
I read the Ramayana, Mahabharata, RL Stevenson, Enid Blyton, Swami Ramakrishna's katha-amrita (words of nectar conferring immortality), Dumas, Walter Scott, Dickens, Childrens' Encyclopaedias, etc. at a young age along with as many US comic books as could be obtained however. Upon me the Bengali nursery rhymes, and the illustrated childrens' Ramayana and Mahabharata in Bengali, made the deepest childhood impressions. Having the mother to teach you to read and write when you are 3 or so, and grandmothers to tell you tales, are very useful for early education. Lasts a lifetime, beats TV programs no matter how good they are. Then when you speak four languages daily (Bengali, Hindi, English and Russian) when you are 6-9, being brought up in a Soviet Commune (managed by the father) with Bengali parents; studying in a English-medium Catholic school, with Hindi-speaking students; in the lovely aboriginal enviroment that was Ranchi; you cannot help becoming what I have become, namely

Arindam (bin Einstein ban Gandi) Banerjee, greatest genius of all time, sole god among lotsa devils.
benj
2018-02-12 23:08:31 UTC
Post by Se rgio
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by Serg io
anyone familiar with this book ? Satyarth Prakash?
Written by Dayanand Saraswati, founder of the Arya Samaj in North India, in the 19th century. Arya Samaj runs schools supportive of Hinduism, as opposed to the schools run by the Catholics. They are known as DAV schools, (Dayanand Anglo-Vedic).
I have not read Satyarth Prakash, for I was taught by Jesuits. Instead of that book we read literature based upon the New Testament, and we had Moral Science as a subject right from Std 2 to Std 9 (maybe Std 10, cannot remember).
From reviews by others, Satyarth Prakash is a hatchet job on Christian dogma, as a first step to Hindu revivalism.
[...]
Yes, Sergio, but Odd will tell you that if your science jargon is not up
to date, then those books are only WORTH $3.
Lofty Goat
2018-02-11 18:13:39 UTC
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 01:49:22 -0800 (PST), Arindam Banerjee
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by Serg io
anyone familiar with this book ? Satyarth Prakash?
Written by Dayanand Saraswati, founder of the Arya Samaj in North India, in the 19th century. Arya Samaj runs schools supportive of Hinduism, as opposed to the schools run by the Catholics. They are known as DAV schools, (Dayanand Anglo-Vedic).
I have not read Satyarth Prakash, for I was taught by Jesuits. Instead of that book we read literature based upon the New Testament, and we had Moral Science as a subject right from Std 2 to Std 9 (maybe Std 10, cannot remember).
From reviews by others, Satyarth Prakash is a hatchet job on Christian dogma, as a first step to Hindu revivalism.
Strangely, the Jesuits never taught us Christian dogma, and I had no idea about it. I got some inkling about it, when I talked with two USA professors in 1987 at a eating-place in Santa Clara. Then in early 1990, two Jehovah's Witnesses explained Christian dogma to us, at length. We still did not understand. Some friends of my wife were fundamentalist Christians (who did not like JW incidentally) and they in their subtle efforts to convert us provided many aspects of the Christian dogma.
Hatchet job? Nah. Nothing wrong with syncretism. Religious beliefs
aren't subject to experimental verification, so it's a way the religious
can zero in on what they'd regard as "truth". Whatever works is good.

People like the Witnesses and Presbyterian missionaries got a big
surprise in India where the people they met accepted Jesus, regarded him
as another avatara, and put his picture up right next to Krishna's.

It pleased some of them, infuriated others. (The missionaries, that
is.) You may actually know who lasted longer, and I can guess....

BTW, the music in your subsequent post is pretty good. But too much
talk about bending light and you'll get Sefton and Porat started on
another rant. Do we really want that? Meh, it's the weekend....

[grin]
Goat
Arindam Banerjee
2018-02-12 03:13:13 UTC
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by Serg io
anyone familiar with this book ? Satyarth Prakash?
Written by Dayanand Saraswati, founder of the Arya Samaj in North India, in the 19th century. Arya Samaj runs schools supportive of Hinduism, as opposed to the schools run by the Catholics. They are known as DAV schools, (Dayanand Anglo-Vedic).
I have not read Satyarth Prakash, for I was taught by Jesuits. Instead of that book we read literature based upon the New Testament, and we had Moral Science as a subject right from Std 2 to Std 9 (maybe Std 10, cannot remember).
From reviews by others, Satyarth Prakash is a hatchet job on Christian dogma, as a first step to Hindu revivalism.
[...]
Well, Goat, lachaka lachaka was in Hindusthani.

Try listening to the same singer singing Shankara's lyrics in Sanskrit:

Paluskar is better, though, imho. More clear.