Another meagre contribution to poetry-- rhyming words-- interlocutor
Add Reply
Archimedes Plutonium
2018-04-08 01:12:21 UTC
Not often I make contributions to poetry. On occasions I do.

Well, today I contribute Rhyming Words. Those are single words that possess a self rhyme. Such as

Inter -- loc-- u -- tor

Now, most rhymes involve two different words.

But what I want are those words that are single and rhyming.

Is Interlocutor the only English word that is self rhyming?

I do not know. Maybe you ran across such a word that is self-rhyming.

AP
benj
2018-04-08 02:42:41 UTC
Post by Archimedes Plutonium
Not often I make contributions to poetry. On occasions I do.
Well, today I contribute Rhyming Words. Those are single words that possess a self rhyme. Such as
Inter -- loc-- u -- tor
Now, most rhymes involve two different words.
But what I want are those words that are single and rhyming.
Is Interlocutor the only English word that is self rhyming?
I do not know. Maybe you ran across such a word that is self-rhyming.
AP
Hey you ignorant delirious senile Alzheimer's victim, Just what in
Interlocutor do you think is self-rhyming

Lessee, doe Inter rhyme with loc? No. How about with "u"? no. Maybe Tor"
Nope. Does Loc rhyme with U or Tor. No way. Does U rhyme with tor? Now
if you actually knew any math by now you'd know that we just covered all
possibilities and nothing rhymed. It's OK though because Nads and
"kensi" say that what only matters is if you BELIEVE that somehow they
all rhyme. If you believe it, then they all do rhyme. They told me so
themselves.

Yes, Interlocutor is the only self-rhyming word if you believe it is. If
you have trouble believing then Fundie Mitch will help you out. Belief
is what he does best.
Archimedes Plutonium
2018-04-08 05:03:04 UTC
Post by Archimedes Plutonium
Not often I make contributions to poetry. On occasions I do.
Well, today I contribute Rhyming Words. Those are single words that possess a self rhyme. Such as
Inter -- loc-- u -- tor
so, that rhymes because we have three rhymes with the "er" as eer then the "u" as eer and finally we have a "or" as the third eer.

Inteeer -- loc ---eer --- teer
Post by Archimedes Plutonium
Now, most rhymes involve two different words.
But what I want are those words that are single and rhyming.
Is Interlocutor the only English word that is self rhyming?
I do not know. Maybe you ran across such a word that is self-rhyming.
Now, during telly watching I thought of a new self rhyming word

tsetse as in tsetse fly

Now I was looking to see the origin of "tsetse" for most of the readers here on sci.physics would guess Scandinavia, like Reber would guess Norway and McGinn would guess Wales. But no, I would guess somewhere in Africa.

And the beauty of "Tsetse" is not only it is self Rhyming all contained in one single word, but that it has a wide berth of pronunciation so you can make it self rhyming in any dialect.

I prefer Tssseeetzzzeee.

So, progress, but slow.

Now let me start a Poem, construction, even though I have just two words so far.

Tsetse Interlocutor
Interlocutor my Tsetse honey

Now I need a title, so need a third self rhyming word for the title.

Maybe Stanford or Caltech can help on this, since they failed to discover that the Real Electron = 105MeV, Real Proton = 840 MeV and the .5 MeV particle was Dirac's magnetic monopole. Maybe one of the particles names is self rhyming. Muon would be if it were Mumuon. Or then we have pippin sounds nice to the ear. Is there a photophoton. Or, what say you with proproton?

Ah, thank you spell check says "proportion" for "proproton" .

So, I have my third self rhyming word== proportion which is the title of my new poem, so far

Proportion
Archimedes Plutonium
2018-04-08 07:06:20 UTC
[...]
Apparently pippin is a word meaning seed.

And borer is self rhyming along with horror
Post by Archimedes Plutonium
Ah, thank you spell check says "proportion" for "proproton" .
So, I have my third self rhyming word== proportion which is the title of my new poem, so far
Proportion
So let us start making a poem here.

titled

Pippin

Horror, borer
proportion
tsetse
love that interlocutor
my darling pippin

Now, all I need is a little arrangements and I am in the ring competing with the likes of Whitman, Shakespeare, and my favorite Shelley.

Now self rhyming words are terribly useful in politics, running for public office, for the news reporters get to the point where they just love saying a name, no matter if he/she has any worthy news to give. Such as the Canadian Royboy, or the Eastern European SarcashWilly. So, if you are a mother or father and want you son or daughter to rise to political power, give you son or daughter a self-rhyming name, so that future news reporters will ceaselessly mention the name every chance they can get.

Now, shell-shock is a beautiful self rhyming phrase, but it is not a single word. I want just single words that are self-rhyming. And I believe the late George Carlin comedian did a skit on just shell shock.

Pippin

Horror, borer
proportion
tsetse